5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horn when exiting

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just got my 22, and noticed this when getting out with truck running in driveway. PITA really. Its very annoying. @RamCares, this has to become configurable.
We apologize for any dissatisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback.

Rob
Ram Cares

chucktuck

Reaction score
No solution to this? Incredibly annoying getting honked at every time I jump out. I guess the option is to leave the key in the truck and hope it doesn't get stolen 🤣 I'm not into turning the truck on and off 20 times a day while I get out for 1 minute. Hopefully Ram can add a setting to disable this.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
No solution to this? Incredibly annoying getting honked at every time I jump out. I guess the option is to leave the key in the truck and hope it doesn't get stolen 🤣 I'm not into turning the truck on and off 20 times a day while I get out for 1 minute. Hopefully Ram can add a setting to disable this.
no

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
No solution to this? Incredibly annoying getting honked at every time I jump out. I guess the option is to leave the key in the truck and hope it doesn't get stolen I'm not into turning the truck on and off 20 times a day while I get out for 1 minute. Hopefully Ram can add a setting to disable this.

Keyless start Vehicles have done this for years. Ram was just late to the party with it.

It won’t be changing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We apologize for any dissatisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback.

Rob
Ram Cares
This feature doesn't bother me at all. If I don't want to hear it, I just leave the keys in the truck or turn the truck off. Easy enough.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you think that's bad....just bought the wife a 2022 Outback. they have a thin strip of glass on the dash that faces the driver, and it watches you. If you take your eyes off the road too long, it chimes and a message comes up in the dash "keep your eyes on the road".......thank God there is a disable feature! Thing was going off on the test ride if I just scratched my head!!!!

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
One of the reasons I didn’t buy the limited outback.

Turn off the lane assist also.

But the outback also beeps pretty loud when you exit the car running with the key in your pocket.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of the reasons I didn’t buy the limited outback.

Turn off the lane assist also.

But the outback also beeps pretty loud when you exit the car running with the key in your pocket.

wife likes the other safety features though. Her car, her choice. Thing is a beast in the snow though!

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Certainly is. The x mode really helps too.

I took ours to work yesterday in that massive ice storm. Didn’t miss a beat

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Certainly is. The x mode really helps too.

I took ours to work yesterday in that massive ice storm. Didn’t miss a beat

Are Subarus known as oil leakers? I've been driving my mom's 2016 Outback the last couple of days. It only has 10k miles on it. I parked it in my driveway overnight and noticed 3 oil spots on the concrete. 😡 I looked underneath the car and the skid plate is pretty wet and coated with dirt, like it's been leaking for a while. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Any common spots I should look at for the leaks?

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are Subarus known as oil leakers? I've been driving my mom's 2016 Outback the last couple of days. It only has 10k miles on it. I parked it in my driveway overnight and noticed 3 oil spots on the concrete. 😡 I looked underneath the car and the skid plate is pretty wet and coated with dirt, like it's been leaking for a while. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Any common spots I should look at for the leaks?
not to my knowledge. Subaru's score really high in customer satisfaction surveys. Consumer Reports had them as #1. An oil leak at 10K miles is pretty unusual. Have it checked on a lift, could be a simple fix.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
My 2016 CX-5 proximity has this feature. It's not a horn honk, though. Outside the car, there's a high-pitched *beep* that signals when the doors are locked/unlocked.
My old 2006 M5 SMG also had a proximity key, but it never made a sound. It would simply shift itself into neutral and it wouldn't go back into gear until the key returned.

For the CX-5, in the event I leave the engine running, but I step out of the car with the proximity key in my pocket, the Mazda will chime inside and outside *beep-beep* *beep-beep* *beep-beep* to let me know that the engine is running, and technically, the car is disabled from gear.

I guess it's a trade-off. I like to leave the engine running a lot when I step out of my vehicles, often to load something or connect my trailer. A loud honk is annoying, but it is also peace of mind because the transmission should be locked out, preventing someone from jumping in and stealing your truck. My Frontier has a classic key, so when I step out and I don't feel like killing the engine, I tend to close all the doors for security. Of course, closing all the doors with the key inside is a risk of accidentally locking myself out, so I will always open one window, enough that I could reach the lock in an emergency.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Are Subarus known as oil leakers? I've been driving my mom's 2016 Outback the last couple of days. It only has 10k miles on it. I parked it in my driveway overnight and noticed 3 oil spots on the concrete. I looked underneath the car and the skid plate is pretty wet and coated with dirt, like it's been leaking for a while. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Any common spots I should look at for the leaks?

Not anything built after 2010 from the newer designs, only common issue I had with any of mine was the brake pedal switch.

But valve cover gasket would be my guess.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there any hope that we can simply pull a fuse or relay to get rid of the 3 beeps?
Absolutely. You can pull fuse F57 from the engine compartment fuse box, and that will get rid of the 3 beeps.

Dewey

Reaction score
Another new feature that really annoys me. Why do they have to make everything so idiot proof?😡

As soon as they do along comes a bigger idiot.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really annoying and embarrassing that my truck honks three times whenever I want to leave it running to keep it cool. Everyone is looking to see why I’m honking at them. I’ve had vehicles with aftermarket remote start for about 20 plus years, including my last truck (2020 Laramie with factory remote start) and not once has one of them ever honked at me when allowing it to stay running. It’s really irritating that there is no option to bypass it. I don’t understand why Ram won’t give us the option to disable it.

Users who are viewing this thread