5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help - Larger Tires sizes that fit on Stock Setups 285/60or65/R20's. without Rubbing?? Would love some advice and info

dwalme

Reaction score
l would like the get MFG KM3 275/60R20 and it would be roughly 33” tall 9” wide.
I found online that the Ram off-road package adds an additional 1” leveling kit for the trucks without air ride.
I don’t know if that’s true but my wheel well height from the ground is 37.5 front and 39.5 rear.
I’ll post a picture with my front shocks compressed for reference and on concrete.

275/60R20 fit without rubbing no problem.

IMG_0151.jpg

Ramjeep

Reaction score
So much conflicting info here. Just ordered some 285/65r20s for my 21 Laramie with the ORP. Hoping they dont rub terribly. Was looking at the ready lift 2 inch level with UCA but they say not to use that kit because of the ORP. I noticed after reading this thread, some people mentioned that they "tacked" back the fender liner. Anyone have any info on that process?
Same here I just order some ko2’s in the same size for my Laramie W/ORG. They arrive today, will have them installed today or Friday and will post results. Wish me luck lol

trithumb

Reaction score
Same here I just order some ko2’s in the same size for my Laramie W/ORG. They arrive today, will have them installed today or Friday and will post results. Wish me luck lol
Good luck, keep me posted with your progress.

trithumb

Reaction score
Well they are here!!! Gonna get them installed on Friday only 3 of 4 arrived. Hope it fits View attachment 74877 View attachment 74878 s :/
oh so sexy. those are gonna be snug in there lol. I am thinkin about rolling the dice with the ready lift 2 inch level kit with UCAs. the site says its too much of a lift but I am at 22.5 in the front and 25 in the back from the center of the wheel hub. not sure how that math checks out.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
oh so sexy. those are gonna be snug in there lol. I am thinkin about rolling the dice with the ready lift 2 inch level kit with UCAs. the site says its too much of a lift but I am at 22.5 in the front and 25 in the back from the center of the wheel hub. not sure how that math checks out.
haha thanks ! Yea it's gonna be tight but we shall see. I'll eventually get a lift but I can barely fit in garages in the area now. That's my biggest fear. Good luck with he lift!

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
So much conflicting info here. Just ordered some 285/65r20s for my 21 Laramie with the ORP. Hoping they dont rub terribly. Was looking at the ready lift 2 inch level with UCA but they say not to use that kit because of the ORP. I noticed after reading this thread, some people mentioned that they "tacked" back the fender liner. Anyone have any info on that process?

Same here. Would rather go 285/65R20 but wondering if 275/65R20 would be best. I believe I’ve seen a few people on here say that even though readylift states that disclaimer about the ORP, it can still be used. So I’m contemplating getting it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trithumb

Reaction score
I hear ya, I just dropped it off for a bed liner and was worried about them not being able to do it. Then I realized they do trucks all day so they are built for it. I'm gonna do a driveway swap on the lift. Then gotta find an alignment. Whats your plan with the speedometer difference? Just gonna rock it or get the truck calibrated for the tires?

trithumb

Reaction score
View attachment 75062
Well they barley fit def going to have to cut the mud flaps it hits them pretty otherwise I love it. It rides so smooth and feels like a truck now.
Sweet, looks great bro. Got a side shot? You have aftermarket mud flaps or stock? I ended up orderinf 2.5 inch spacers for the front and 3.5 inch ucas

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Same here. Would rather go 285/65R20 but wondering if 275/65R20 would be best. I believe I’ve seen a few people on here say that even though readylift states that disclaimer about the ORP, it can still be used. So I’m contemplating getting it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty well aligned to the 275/65 myself. I'm about 90% sure that's what I'll put on the factory trims when the truck comes in in the next week or so.

Gets you 34", same width, I'm hoping less chance of rubbing and about 4-5lbs lighter per tire. I'm more after the fill of the well than the width of the tire.

Doc33

Reaction score
You might be able to use zip ties to pull the mud guard back a bit to give you clearance

Ramjeep

Reaction score
You might be able to use zip ties to pull the mud guard back a bit to give you clearance
oh yea I forgot about that. Is there a guide on that ? I remember seeing it somewhere on here.

Doc33

Reaction score
No guide that I'm aware of...I just used heavy duty black zip ties. Drill small hole in the upper inside corner of splash guard and attach to frame.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
No guide that I'm aware of...I just used heavy duty black zip ties. Drill small hole in the upper inside corner of splash guard and attach to frame.
great Idea will give that a try versus cutting.

trithumb

Reaction score
View attachment 75069
They are Mopar Mudflaps but I put them on myself, was debating taking them off but probably will just cut them tomorrow.
how close are you on the upper control arm to the tire? I know with the 275/55 I can hardly get my finger between it and these are about a half inch wider.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
how close are you on the upper control arm to the tire? I know with the 275/55 I can hardly get my finger between it and these are about a half inch wider.
its pretty close I cant finger between it but there is some room.

Users who are viewing this thread