5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig? Hell, yeah!

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Here on November 8, 2022, AAFES Exchange no longer has the best price on these. I got mine from AAFES in September 2021 for $201.08. The best price today I could find for my son's new Rebel is $311 at American Trucks. I just can't believe how much everything has gone up in price. :(

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here on November 8, 2022, AAFES Exchange no longer has the best price on these. I got mine from AAFES in September 2021 for $201.08. The best price today I could find for my son's new Rebel is $311 at American Trucks. I just can't believe how much everything has gone up in price. :(

All those prices will drop to "normal" after today's election. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jayrsingh

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help shed light, my 2023 Ram 1500 Bighorn is on its way, I called Hellwig to inquire on the part # for the rear sway bar, basically wanted to know if the part #7709 would fit mines, he said not sure if my truck has one, he advised that when I get to take a picture of the rear end and send it to him. Has anyone hear of this, I searched all over and can't find anything on 2023 ram 1500 with rear sway bars etc.. any thoughts?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help shed light, my 2023 Ram 1500 Bighorn is on its way, I called Hellwig to inquire on the part # for the rear sway bar, basically wanted to know if the part #7709 would fit mines, he said not sure if my truck has one, he advised that when I get to take a picture of the rear end and send it to him. Has anyone hear of this, I searched all over and can't find anything on 2023 ram 1500 with rear sway bars etc.. any thoughts?
You will have a rear sway bar. and the Hellwig one will fit

TSL

Reaction score
Wanted to check on the correct Hellwig part number for the Rebel ?
Last year I went to Overland Expo PNW and spoke to Mike at the Hellwig booth and I came away with one of their fliers and wrote down part number 7883 from my conversation with him.
A year later, I still haven't bought the sway bar, but now I have a 23 Zero Roof Top Tent adding ~ 170lb on a Thule rack over the bed so I think it's time I get this sway bar upgrade.
Speaking to the same guy at the same booth this year, I came away with the same flier and this time I wrote down part number 7709 from our conversation.
So now I'm a little confused.
It looks like 7883 is for a 2" to 4" lift and includes a set of end links whereas 7709 is just the bar. Perhaps I just re-use the factory end links on the truck and 7709 is in fact all I need on the Rebel?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wanted to check on the correct Hellwig part number for the Rebel ?
Last year I went to Overland Expo PNW and spoke to Mike at the Hellwig booth and I came away with one of their fliers and wrote down part number 7883 from my conversation with him.
A year later, I still haven't bought the sway bar, but now I have a 23 Zero Roof Top Tent adding ~ 170lb on a Thule rack over the bed so I think it's time I get this sway bar upgrade.
Speaking to the same guy at the same booth this year, I came away with the same flier and this time I wrote down part number 7709 from our conversation.
So now I'm a little confused.
It looks like 7883 is for a 2" to 4" lift and includes a set of end links whereas 7709 is just the bar. Perhaps I just re-use the factory end links on the truck and 7709 is in fact all I need on the Rebel?
If you don't have a liftz why would you need a sway bar for 2-4" lift? And the only difference is the end links. The bar itself is the same.

TSL

Reaction score
If you don't have a liftz why would you need a sway bar for 2-4" lift? And the only difference is the end links. The bar itself is the same.
I guess I was a little confused because I know the Rebel has a factory lift. But I also have the factory end links obviously, so clearly I just need the bar.
Just "newbie" confusion here !
Thanks for the answer.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don't think of it as a factory "lift". It's just the factory suspension. Once you tell aftermarket companies you have a "lift" it confuses them.

Reactions: TSL

Curlymurt

Reaction score
I wanted to update my Hellwig Hell Yeah experience. I thought I was getting rid of the truck so I pulled the Hellwig and went back to stock. It felt dangerous driving on Indiana tar chip country roads. It reminded me of the old 60's oversized cars that floated everywhere. Back to the tightest setting on the Hellwig and that is MUCH preferred. If you're on the fence, just do it.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn, that's a steal. Was going to sell mine for a few hundred or so since they were over $400 at the time last year.

Scion

Reaction score
That's a little less than the one I bought for my Gen3 18 years ago, so I finally pulled the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread