5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig? Hell, yeah!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just installed today. Went for a quick little ride. I really can’t tell any difference? I installed it in the middle, maybe I’ll try the stiffest setting. Like someone else said, it doesn’t feel bad just not much better?
If you never drive your truck hard, or push it in corners, you may not notice much of a difference. Especially on a short drive. The truck definitely handles better all around with the Hellwig. Of course, I went straight to stiffest setting. Why install a better sway bar, only to limit the improvement it can give you? That would be like going rock crawling, after putting in new crawler tires, and leaving your tire pressure at 50psi.

Scion

Reaction score
Just installed today. Went for a quick little ride. I really can’t tell any difference? I installed it in the middle, maybe I’ll try the stiffest setting. Like someone else said, it doesn’t feel bad just not much better?
What trim level and suspension do you have, and what were you expecting from the Hellwig?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Go thru a roundabout at twice the speed you normally do and you’ll for sure see the difference.😆

My truck handled like a boat in rough seas before the Hellwig. Night and day difference now even on the middle setting.

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Which kit do I need for a Rebel? There are 3 different bars listed on their site. I plan to level and maybe add 1 inch lift in the back. So would i need the lifted version since the rebel comes pre lifted?

Curlymurt

Reaction score
Don't be discouraged. That was might initial thoughts after doing a quick test. But driving the same roads as you do every day, you'll likely notice a difference in corning and highways. Remove it after some time and you'll definitely notice the difference.

Cgalek

Reaction score
After reading through how many people recommended this I reached out to Hellwig to see if the 7709 part fit the 2024 model and received the following respomse. thought I would share should anyone else want the information.

7709 will fit 2024, but we came out with a better sway bar part# 7793 and the front bar 7787, and if yours did come with a factory bar, you do need to get the links

Thank you,
Kevin Parriera
Hellwig Products Company, Inc.
Customer Service

——————

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
UPDATE: I didn't drive it enough to give an impression. I also switched to the stiffest settings and THERE WE GO huge difference. It feels like a car now.

I also ordered Core 4x4 end links. Those OEM one's are so cheesy. I'll install those next week and see if it makes any more difference.

Cgalek

Reaction score
Talked to Kevin today and he said that they upped the bar to 1inch on the 7793 which they feel will provide more benefit than the 7709 which is 7/8’s. He said they just came out w the 7793 2 months ago.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Talked to Kevin today and he said that they upped the bar to 1inch on the 7793 which they feel will provide more benefit than the 7709 which is 7/8’s. He said they just came out w the 7793 2 months ago.
Damn it, now I feel like I have to swap it out for the thicker bar. Did they also upgrade the front one? I never changed it out but if I'm going to upgrade the rear a second time I might as well do the front this go around as well.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn it, now I feel like I have to swap it out for the thicker bar. Did they also upgrade the front one? I never changed it out but if I'm going to upgrade the rear a second time I might as well do the front this go around as well.
I was thinking the same thing. But Im thinking I’m going to add the Core 4x4 links first. I’m very happy with my 7709 on the stiffest setting.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. But Im thinking I’m going to add the Core 4x4 links first. I’m very happy with my 7709 on the stiffest setting.
I'm also about to order a bunch of stuff from core 4x4. I'm happy with my 7709 on the stiffest setting but wouldn't mind upgrading to the 1" bar and seeing if it makes anymore difference. About to be going up to 37s soon so maybe it helps more.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm also about to order a bunch of stuff from core 4x4. I'm happy with my 7709 on the stiffest setting but wouldn't mind upgrading to the 1" bar and seeing if it makes anymore difference. About to be going up to 37s soon so maybe it helps more.
Keep us posted if it makes a noticeable difference. I’m about to put 35’s on in a few weeks and will do the Core end links just before that as well.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me, I still haven't tried my 7709 on the stiffest setting. Not unhappy as it is.

Cgalek

Reaction score
Only info I have on the front SB is that people here have posted Hellwig didn’t have one before and used to tell people to OEM bar was sufficient. Sounds like they started making one based off of interest but no idea on how impactful it has been as only a few have mentioned it here. Some saying they aren’t sure of the impact as they swapped both at once. One person saying the rear was enough. So hard to tell.

I’d love to know what aftermarket end links people are going with. Seems self defeating to have a 1 inch solid bar and pencil thin end links. I’m keeping the truck stock height at the moment.
Links and part numbers appreciated.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Only info I have on the front SB is that people here have posted Hellwig didn’t have one before and used to tell people to OEM bar was sufficient. Sounds like they started making one based off of interest but no idea on how impactful it has been as only a few have mentioned it here. Some saying they aren’t sure of the impact as they swapped both at once. One person saying the rear was enough. So hard to tell.

I’d love to know what aftermarket end links people are going with. Seems self defeating to have a 1 inch solid bar and pencil thin end links. I’m keeping the truck stock height at the moment.
Links and part numbers appreciated.
Yeah I'm not sure how much the front sway bar impacts the handling as I noticed a big difference just changing the rear. As far as the end links, I have the ones that came with my lift currently and they're just so thin. I'm changing out a lot of the rear suspension components with a 7 piece kit from Core 4x4. Even though you're keeping the truck stock at the moment, I recommend getting the adjustable end links should you ever lift it in the future.

Cerebral314

Reaction score
Im curious about this sway bar, do all ram trucks come with an inferior sway bar, or do some truck not come with one at all? My 24 limited has one and wondering if its worth the upgrade? would it make that big of a difference over the stock one?

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Im curious about this sway bar, do all ram trucks come with an inferior sway bar, or do some truck not come with one at all? My 24 limited has one and wondering if its worth the upgrade? would it make that big of a difference over the stock one?
Pretty sure all trims come with them. Probably not "inferior" per se but the hellwig does offer a noticeable upgrade over stock. I'm sure the new 1" bar is slightly better than their original 7/8"bar. It definitely helps out a lot once the truck is lifted. I just disconnect it when going out on mild trails to get that rear articulation. Other than that, I keep it on the stiffest setting for highway/city driving. You'll notice the truck stays planted more when cornering.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure all trims come with them. Probably not "inferior" per se but the hellwig does offer a noticeable upgrade over stock. I'm sure the new 1" bar is slightly better than their original 7/8"bar. It definitely helps out a lot once the truck is lifted. I just disconnect it when going out on mild trails to get that rear articulation. Other than that, I keep it on the stiffest setting for highway/city driving. You'll notice the truck stays planted more when cornering.
Not all trims. Mine doesn’t have one.

Jray22

Reaction score
I just installed the Hellwig 7883, since I also did the 3.5 RC lift. I’ve only driven it a few miles since install. I could feel the difference instantly.

Users who are viewing this thread