5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig? Hell, yeah!

Tire Guy

Reaction score
Found some Jeep parts in the garage. Sold them and used the money to buy the sway bar from Summit. Their warehouse is just a few miles down the road from me, so I didn't have to wait on shipping. Plus, it is always a kick to walk through their retail store.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Found some Jeep parts in the garage. Sold them and used the money to buy the sway bar from Summit. Their warehouse is just a few miles down the road from me, so I didn't have to wait on shipping. Plus, it is always a kick to walk through their retail store.
Love that company. Been buying from Summit since the 80’s. Always great service and fast shipping.

Reaction score
Question. I have a new 2022 Longhorn with 22 inch wheels.. LOVE THE TRUCK but it feels a little " soft and floating " under normal driving. Would the Hellwiig ( not sure if both front and back is needed ) help firm up the ride ? I dont have air suspension. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks !

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question. I have a new 2022 Longhorn with 22 inch wheels.. LOVE THE TRUCK but it feels a little " soft and floating " under normal driving. Would the Hellwiig ( not sure if both front and back is needed ) help firm up the ride ? I dont have air suspension. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks !
Will definitely make a difference

Clv22p

Reaction score
Yes. I’d add just the Rear one to start.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The intent of a stiffer sway bar is to get rid of excess body roll, not to stiffen suspension. For that you need stiffer springs and or shocks. However a Hellweg may help some, although I haven't noticed any stiffening of ride

Dewey

Reaction score
The intent of a stiffer sway bar is to get rid of excess body roll, not to stiffen suspension. For that you need stiffer springs and or shocks. However a Hellweg may help some, although I haven't noticed any stiffening of ride
My ride is exactly the same. Some claim they noticed the suspension was stiffer over bumps with a Hellwig but I haven’t noticed that at all. Body roll is almost gone. I can take corners way faster than I probably should be now.

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't tell any difference in ride with the Hellwig, but can definitely tell a positive difference in body roll especially at low speeds. Think I'm going to get the beefier Core 4x4 rear end links. The OE's are pretty thin.

Now, I can say adding the Airlift 1000 bags and leaving them aired up did firm up the ride a bit.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Usually the "floating" feeling is caused by body roll.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I feel like the Hellwig does address that float to a small degree. Something else I found with the 22" wheels, the truck really feels better with the pressure 1-2 pounds over what the sticker says. I have the Scorpion Verdes, so it may also just be a function of those tires.

Reaction score
Really good feedback all. Thanks ! I do feel the "float" more at lower speeds. This is the first truck I have driven with coil springs so maybe just a little time needed to adjust. ( I only have 350 miles in her ) but immediately niticed the float from day one. I don't feel unsafe just a little " light" in the steering taking corners. Sounds like a rear Hellwig is a good start. Does anyine recommend both front AND rear or just rear?
Thanks again !

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It sounds like just the rear is all you need. I’d start with that before thinking about the front. Originally, even Hellwig said that the stock Ram front SB is great which is why they didn’t make one. But they just recently came out with a front option & it’s a pretty penny. I’d like to hear from anyone who’s actually installed the front to see if it made a difference or if it’s geared more towards lifted applications.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
PHOOEY. Price has gone up. $392 everywhere :( except Amazon $361 for 7709 (reuse stock end links)(free shipping).

Dave

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really good feedback all. Thanks ! I do feel the "float" more at lower speeds. This is the first truck I have driven with coil springs so maybe just a little time needed to adjust. ( I only have 350 miles in her ) but immediately niticed the float from day one. I don't feel unsafe just a little " light" in the steering taking corners. Sounds like a rear Hellwig is a good start. Does anyine recommend both front AND rear or just rear?
Thanks again !
The front sway bar is intended to get rid of the corner dive, especially if breaking in the corner. I helps the front end roll in that scenario, and keeps the front more level. I guess if you put them both on, it would give more of the flat cornering sports car feel, but not the harsh ride.

Dewey

Reaction score
Thanks again !
After replacing the rear I feel no need to do the front.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not at all. That's not what it's for. Sway bar resists sway, or body roll, or lean, whatever you want to call it. What you're describing sounds more like you want firmer struts and shocks.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn, too bad… AAFES has it still for $198. In stock, too.
I just looked.

What is this site? Bc I will buy that ish right now. Lol American Air Force Exchange Store?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online