5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig? Hell, yeah!

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any negative winter-specific driving experiences with Hellwig installed?
Frame of reference: Upstated NY, stock Bridgestones on the stock 20's, like to go skiing.
Actually quite the opposite, hellwig helps keep weight on the inside tire, helps 'dig in'.

UnclJim

Reaction score
installed mine Sunday what a difference. Found a front open box on ebay got it for $350 cant wait to install it

runamuck

Reaction score
We drove mine many times to ski in new mexico at Taos and Red River. my '19 laramie was 4x4/3.92/33gals/ORG and did great in the mountains and on snow. I put the Helwig bar on to stiffen up the rear end when towing. better handling when not towing was a side benefit.

W Six

Reaction score
Those of you that tow a travel trailer, which hole/setting have you found works best for you?
I’ve got one to install, and we have a 25ft travel trailer.
TIA

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those of you that tow a travel trailer, which hole/setting have you found works best for you?
TIA
I tow a fiver, so set on stiffest setting, but body roll is more of a concern for me. With your center of gravity lower than me, and from those I have seen posted, the center hole might work better for you

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
TIA
I have it on the stiffest setting with a 25' trailer, but that is partly because my Hellwig came with the middle holes not fully bored out and I never bothered to fix it.

W Six

Reaction score
Good copy.
I may just start in middle and go from there.
Thanks

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good copy.
I may just start in middle and go from there.
Thanks
It's one of those things, usually people just set it and forget it. They are happy with the results, and it's kind of a pain to move.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's one of those things, usually people just set it and forget it. They are happy with the results, and it's kind of a pain to move.
Your joking right?😆

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For most people who don't have the right tools it is
Must have had somebody else install it then otherwise they would already have the simple hand tools to complete the job.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't tow a TT, but if I did, I would definitely use the stiffest setting.
I recently tried it and it's much stiffer than the softest setting. I never tried the middle setting because I like to take things to the extreme - no in between!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You mean two wrenches?
It's more work than I care to deal with. I just set mine to stiffest setting because I like to corner. No need for any other holes in the sway bar. If I can't use my impact on it, then it takes too long. :p

Ryno

Reaction score
I don't tow a TT, but if I did, I would definitely use the stiffest setting.
I recently tried it and it's much stiffer than the softest setting. I never tried the middle setting because I like to take things to the extreme - no in between!
I started on the middle, and after a week went to the stiffest. Most people would probably good on the middle, but I like to corner, and a little bit of oversteer, and love how the rear end just sweeps around now.

Ryno

Reaction score
It's more work than I care to deal with. I just set mine to stiffest setting because I like to corner. No need for any other holes in the sway bar. If I can't use my impact on it, then it takes too long. :p
LOL. I have the same setting for that reason.

W Six

Reaction score
I installed it today. Haven’t driven it yet.

fish220sr

Reaction score
The Hellwig sway bar performs as reviewed. First blush, said ,oh no ,maybe stiffened the ride up a tick too much. By end of day the truck felt very comfortable and handles better. A good move to make.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't read the whole post, but for those wanting better performance along with the Hellwig, throw a set of CORE4X4 solid sway bar links on!! Highly recommend!! I ran this bar on my 4th Gen with 6" and 37X13.5 and great results. :cool:

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Just installed today. Went for a quick little ride. I really can’t tell any difference? I installed it in the middle, maybe I’ll try the stiffest setting. Like someone else said, it doesn’t feel bad just not much better?

Users who are viewing this thread