5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight bulb replacement - Bighorn

SB89

Reaction score
Nevermind. Realized these will just give you white running lights instead of Amber. Nothing to do with the DRL's
This. Was just driving around with them tonight. Nice, clean white lights until you hit the turn signals. I'm loving the switchbacks.

onelochevy

Reaction score
Do you still have halogen low beams? Wondering if their led low beams will match the white color of the switchbacks.

SB89

Reaction score
Do you still have halogen low beams? Wondering if their led low beams will match the white color of the switchbacks.
Yeah still halogen low beams. Haven’t switched those out yet, but those and new fog lights are next for me.

SB89

Reaction score
Yeah still halogen low beams. Haven’t switched those out yet, but those and new fog lights are next for me.
I’d imagine any 6000K LED bulb will look exactly the same.

I’ve done only LASFIT bulbs all around so I’ll probably stick with them for low beams and fog lights too.

kingkasc

Reaction score
Got into a bit of a mix up with Amazon and Lasfit in regards to these bulbs. Long story short the correct bulbs will be here on Monday. I cannot day enough about Lasfit customer service. They handled everything and avoided the whole amazon path. The low beams are not available until next week, because of the mixup; they sent me the new one before official release but only a few days early. I’m excited to get them and install.
Which low beams did they recommend to you? Lasfit told me “LA Plus Series H11 H9 H8 H16 LED Headlight/Fog Light”. Which are only 80$.. thinking they recommend me the wrong ones? Thanks

SB89

Reaction score
Which low beams did they recommend to you? Lasfit told me “LA Plus Series H11 H9 H8 H16 LED Headlight/Fog Light”. Which are only 80$.. thinking they recommend me the wrong ones? Thanks
According to the LASFIT website, their tiers of H11 bulbs are as follows...

Which kits would you recommend? / Not sure which will work best for my car.
If there’s lots of night driving on the dark living in the country or something like that, we recommend LS series with brightest light and highest power output.
If you just need some LEDs to replace the halogen bulb with brighter light and softy plug and play installation, we recommend upgraded LA series.
If you need full beam pattern, we would like to recommend LC6 series.
If you’re looking for some LEDs with switchback function, then choose LD series.
In addition, you can also choose L1 series, they’re noiseless one.

So the LS series is probably going to be closest to the Supernova V4 that everyone raves about, but for about $100 cheaper. I'm leaning towards the LA or the LC6 myself.

GM2RAM

Reaction score
First time RAM owner, and didn’t realize truck didn’t have factory LEDs until it was too late. Figured it was 2019 and LEDs were kinda standard… So I installed headlight revolution super nova v.4’s high, lows, and fogs. Super bright, really happy with them. Bought the fogs and lows together and was able to get 20% off with a promo code, and just recently bought and installed the highs and was able to get those with a 15% promo code. I installed both highs and lows from the top as advised in the video on their website and found that it worked surprisingly well. I did have quite a time with the highs, with getting them to lock into place. I did get them locked in several times but the LEDs weren’t exactly left and right like they recommend, so I had to adjust. Had I not worried about that it would’ve been a pretty quick job. Definitely some tight spots to get into especially with the low beams, some cuss words were said with both installs, along with some sore/scraped up hands. I agree that they maybe need adjusting as I have gotten a lot of oncoming cars flashing me with the lows and fogs on. So far I am extremely happy with them, no errors codes or any issues thus far. Well worth the price in my opinion. Attached pics are of the lows.

Attachments

• 20190103_210317.jpg
    20190103_210317.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 20190105_001345.jpg
    20190105_001345.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 83

SB89

Reaction score
Got into a bit of a mix up with Amazon and Lasfit in regards to these bulbs. Long story short the correct bulbs will be here on Monday. I cannot day enough about Lasfit customer service. They handled everything and avoided the whole amazon path. The low beams are not available until next week, because of the mixup; they sent me the new one before official release but only a few days early. I’m excited to get them and install.
Did they tell you when the new H11 bulbs will be out? I'll likely order all my low beam, high beam and fogs from LASFIT together.

kingkasc

Reaction score
Yeah me2 just waiting on homie reply for the new bulb lol

Pshep

Reaction score
Did they tell you when the new H11 bulbs will be out? I'll likely order all my low beam, high beam and fogs from LASFIT together.

The tracking says they will be here by 8:00PM. Not looking good LOL. When I get the package I’ll take a picture of the part numbers.

SB89

Reaction score
The tracking says they will be here by 8:00PM. Not looking good LOL. When I get the package I’ll take a picture of the part numbers.
I'm horribly impatient so I decided to order all mine this morning since stock was low on Amazon. I went with the 72W LA-PLUS series for all of them: low and high beams and fog lights. They're the one with the 360 degree mounting collar.

kingkasc

Reaction score
I'm horribly impatient so I decided to order all mine this morning since stock was low on Amazon. I went with the 72W LA-PLUS series for all of them: low and high beams and fog lights. They're the one with the 360 degree mounting collar.
these the right ones? I'm ready to order right nowwwwwwwwwww :)! IMG_6537.PNG

Pshep

Reaction score
They probably aren’t. I got the correct ones in the mail today. When I ordered them off Amazon they were incorrect and they told me the ones from the videos were prototypes and not released until this week. To correct the problem they sent me the new ones ahead of public release.

image-jpg.18719

These are the correct part numbers that can in today. You should probably go on Lasfit’s website and follow the link from there to Amazon, or call them to place the order for the low beams and hi beams.

Quo

SB89

Reaction score
Low Beams and Fog Lights are H11
High Beams are 9005

Here's what I ordered:

Attachments

• led bulbs.PNG
    led bulbs.PNG
    74.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

kingkasc

Reaction score
Low Beams and Fog Lights are H11
High Beams are 9005

Here's what I ordered:
Wow their email recommend the 9145... I just called them and they said same as lowbeam h11 SMH lol. Thank you my boy!

Pshep

Reaction score
SB89, I believe you ordered the correct part numbers. For sure the high beam is correct.

Tonight I installed the high beams and low beams.

The high beams were a snap, took like 2 minutes. I like the 360 rotation to adjust the beam. Everything fit perfectly and I was able to use my dust cap without any interference.

The low beams were a bit more tricky. I went through the wheel liners to get access to the dust covers. I got the old lights out without a problem. Fitting in the new ones was pretty easy. Just make sure you put the small box in first and insert it into the bottom of the headlamp housing. The bulbs twist in ok, but I had a hard time doing it straight. Not because of the bulb, but it was cold and my hands weren’t doing so well. Getting the dust covers back on was a bit tricky and found it was best to use one hand through the wheel well and the other through the hood to get it to seat properly. Low be took maybe a 1/2 hour or less to install.

CD450712-FD21-4A87-B52F-30C7CC430F0D.jpeg
Finished low beams

E0864D5C-729D-47A0-8482-81899DA4C6A6.jpeg Left is original low beam and Right is the new one.

Taking it for a quick test drive, the difference is day and night (pun intended). They really open your field of vision and look great on the truck. I’m really pleased with these Lasfit bulbs. And best of all; No error codes or flicker with these bulbs. For $150 both high beam and low, you can’t beat it.

SB89

Reaction score
SB89, I believe you ordered the correct part numbers. For sure the high beam is correct.

Tonight I installed the high beams and low beams.

The high beams were a snap, took like 2 minutes. I like the 360 rotation to adjust the beam. Everything fit perfectly and I was able to use my dust cap without any interference.

The low beams were a bit more tricky. I went through the wheel liners to get access to the dust covers. I got the old lights out without a problem. Fitting in the new ones was pretty easy. Just make sure you put the small box in first and insert it into the bottom of the headlamp housing. The bulbs twist in ok, but I had a hard time doing it straight. Not because of the bulb, but it was cold and my hands weren’t doing so well. Getting the dust covers back on was a bit tricky and found it was best to use one hand through the wheel well and the other through the hood to get it to seat properly. Low be took maybe a 1/2 hour or less to install.

View attachment 18790
Finished low beams

View attachment 18791 Left is original low beam and Right is the new one.

Taking it for a quick test drive, the difference is day and night (pun intended). They really open your field of vision and look great on the truck. I’m really pleased with these Lasfit bulbs. And best of all; No error codes or flicker with these bulbs. For $150 both high beam and low, you can’t beat it.
Did you go with the LS for your bulbs or a different series? Mine arrive tomorrow but I’ll be out of town until Thursday night so I’ll probably be installing all my lights together Friday.

kingkasc

Reaction score
I think he went with ls series? I went la mine will be here Thursday as well, I’ll post pics!

Users who are viewing this thread