5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight bulb replacement - Bighorn

kingkasc

Reaction score
Let me try to share a video with audio of the headlight fan noise. Quite audible actually with the engine off. For those of you with Supernova v4s are they that loud for you too?

Thanks a lot!

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen some people have no issues with fan noise and others like this. How is the noise compared to say....a cell phone vibrating? Can you still hear it inside the cab while driving?
It’s a hum you’ll hear as you walk up to the truck before starting.
Cannot hear it at all if engine is running, all I hear is Hemi goodness inside and out:
BB424E41-1B2E-462D-AA25-F2F912A14EAD.gif

SB89

Reaction score
Has anyone found any switchback LED turn signals anywhere yet that do not need resistors or any additional wiring? I know Diode Dynamics has a pair for $70 with the extra resistors, but they're also on backorder 4-8 weeks.

kingkasc

Reaction score
Has anyone found any switchback LED turn signals anywhere yet that do not need resistors or any additional wiring? I know Diode Dynamics has a pair for $70 with the extra resistors, but they're also on backorder 4-8 weeks.
Wow I got mine yesterday from diode dynamic. Try calling them?

SB89

Reaction score
Wow I got mine yesterday from diode dynamic. Try calling them?
Hmm, will have to give that a shot...but I also REALLY don't like to mess with wiring. Hoping to find something with resistors built-in.

kingkasc

Reaction score
Super pissed at headlight revolution. Wasted 3 hours outside to find out they sent me one wrong pwm module... they said I’ll have my new one Tuesday... wasted money paying a shop to install these. SUPER DISLIKE the company so far... btw it’s possible to fit everything in but verrry time consuming

Attachments

• FEAA697D-8B09-4A1B-92DF-386CC3718650.jpeg
    FEAA697D-8B09-4A1B-92DF-386CC3718650.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 79

SB89

Reaction score
Super pissed at headlight revolution. Wasted 3 hours outside to find out they sent me one wrong pwm module... they said I’ll have my new one Tuesday... wasted money paying a shop to install these. SUPER DISLIKE the company so far... btw it’s possible to fit everything in but verrry time consuming
That's annoying. You install from the top like the HR video shows or did you go through the wheel well liners?

kingkasc

Reaction score
That's annoying. You install from the top like the HR video shows or did you go through the wheel well liners?
From the top. My hands are swollen from banging them up trying to install these pos leds.

kingkasc

Reaction score
anyone know if this is the harness that controls my blinker bulb? Im attempting to swap my blinkers and it requires splicing the blinker wire and ground. Thanks ahead! IMG_6475.jpg

SB89

Reaction score
Last edited:

SB89

Reaction score
you the man! Do you have lasfit low beams? headlightrev sent me wrong modules so im considering switching to lasfit. Thanks
Nope, haven't switched out any bulbs up front yet.

My only concern with these switchbacks is that the truck uses the turn signal light as DRL, and these bulbs have this warning:

"2. Since these bulbs built-in Intelligent Temperature Control, if you use for a long time (a few vehicles maybe 2-5 minutes, it depends on year/make/model and temperature) may happen hyper flash, please turn off and cool 1-2 minutes, they will work normally again."

Keep us posted on what they respond with on your email.

SB89

Reaction score
For anyone wondering, @kingkasc and I have both reached out to LASFIT and gotten the assurance that these switchback turn signals should work just fine on the 2019 RAM 1500, just make sure to select the CK socket.

You can use promo code DPFLED5 to get a few bucks off. I ordered a pair of bulbs today and they should be here mid-week.

Users who are viewing this thread