5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight bulb replacement - Bighorn

Rick8325

Reaction score
I’d imagine any 6000K LED bulb will look exactly the same.

I’ve done only LASFIT bulbs all around so I’ll probably stick with them for low beams and fog lights too.

I did the Lasfit switchback fog lights...pretty awesome bulbs.

Pshep

Reaction score
Did you go with the LS for your bulbs or a different series? Mine arrive tomorrow but I’ll be out of town until Thursday night so I’ll probably be installing all my lights together Friday.
I ordered the LS

kingkasc

Reaction score
I ordered the LA+ because it's not all that dark where I drive and they are a little cheaper. They should match my Lasfit swithback fogs nicely.
I just installed my LA lows, super easy to install.. 100x easier than supernova v4.. I installed both and these are great! One issue I’m having with my switchbacks is these ck socket bulbs don’t fully sit in the light socket.. did yours?

kingkasc

Reaction score
Notice the tabs on the switchback bulb won’t allow it to go further in the light socket. 18960

Attachments

• 327B721E-8B17-4468-87BD-F651B415DCDA.jpeg
    327B721E-8B17-4468-87BD-F651B415DCDA.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 100

Rick8325

Reaction score
I just installed my LA lows, super easy to install.. 100x easier than supernova v4.. I installed both and these are great! One issue I’m having with my switchbacks is these ck socket bulbs don’t fully sit in the light socket.. did yours?
I have switchback fogs. But I also have Lasfit amber LED turn signals and they fit perfect. They were 7443/7444 ck bulbs.

kingkasc

Reaction score
of course they sent me the wrong fogs, switchback and brake lights! after I asked them on the phone and email to confirm they are correct bulbs. smh lol

SB89

Reaction score
FINALLY!!!

I've replaced all the bulbs on the front end with LED bulbs and I am pretty damn happy. Install took me longer than it should for a number of reasons, but the truck looks GREAT now.

For $220 (which is $10 more than the price of the Supernova V4 low beams alone) I was able to get LED low beams, high beams, fog lights and switchback turn signals from LASFIT.

I'll upload some pictures later when it gets darker.

Here are the links if anyone is interested in buying:

LASFIT H11 low beams and fog lights (36w per bulb LA+ series): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JQNVFQS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LASFIT 9005 high beams (36w per bulb LA+ series): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JQ6YTJB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LASFIT 7443 switchback turn signals (CK socket): https://www.lasfit.com/collections/...ghts-canbus-error-free?variant=21394734645332

SB89

Reaction score
Wow, these headlights are flippin’ bright! No point in posting the pictures because it’s all lens flare haha. Truck looks incredible but the lights will definitely need to be adjusted down quite a bit. Beam pattern is pretty blinding. I could comfortably drive safely with JUST the fog lights!

Last edited:

kingkasc

Reaction score
These low beams and switchbacks are amazing!!!!
Switchbacks take 2 secs to install, about 15 mins per low beam.. LASFIT is the brand.. low beams were $55 on amazon, they have a brighter option for More cash but I don’t recommend anything brighter than these for city driving!

SB89

Reaction score
Adjusted down the beam pattern on the low beams tonight. Makes a huge difference. I could not be happier with these LASFIT LED bulbs. Truck looks sooo much better and the brightness on these bulbs is so much brighter than the stock halogen bulbs.

I will say, adjusting the headlights was the opposite of what I’ve read on this forum. I lowered the lights by going COUNTER-CLOCKWISE on both the driver and passenger side.

Easiest thing to do is use a long, thin Phillips head screwdriver if you’ve got one. It’s really tough to get a standard sized Allen wrench in there and get any kind of leverage. Otherwise, a socket wrench with an extension on it and a 6mm but will do the trick the quickest.

Hadaway35

Reaction score
These low beams and switchbacks are amazing!!!!
Switchbacks take 2 secs to install, about 15 mins per low beam.. LASFIT is the brand.. low beams were $55 on amazon, they have a brighter option for More cash but I don’t recommend anything brighter than these for city driving!
View attachment 19209
How are the switchback turn signals treating you? Any problems with them at all?

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

kingkasc

Reaction score
Adjusted down the beam pattern on the low beams tonight. Makes a huge difference. I could not be happier with these LASFIT LED bulbs. Truck looks sooo much better and the brightness on these bulbs is so much brighter than the stock halogen bulbs.

I will say, adjusting the headlights was the opposite of what I’ve read on this forum. I lowered the lights by going COUNTER-CLOCKWISE on both the driver and passenger side.

Easiest thing to do is use a long, thin Phillips head screwdriver if you’ve got one. It’s really tough to get a standard sized Allen wrench in there and get any kind of leverage. Otherwise, a socket wrench with an extension on it and a 6mm but will do the trick the quickest.
Flat head is best to prevent stripping the phillips screw
How are the switchback turn signals treating you? Any problems with them at all?

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk
PERFECT! its worth returning any brand and buying all lasfit.. that's how impressed I am.

SB89

Reaction score
PERFECT! its worth returning any brand and buying all lasfit.. that's how impressed I am.
I would second this. LASFIT is great. The truck looks amazing with all LEDs, not to mention the actual tangible improvements with the amount of light driving at night. You can get a whole set of error free lights without any ballasts or resistors for a very good price. And the switchbacks are awesome.

Rick8325

Reaction score
My Lasfit switchback fogs are giving me issues. Driver's side seems to only come on when it wants. Have a replacement Lasfit (non switchback) set coming today. Absoulutely love the Lasfit LA+ H11 low beams, Lasfit 9005 high beams, and Lasfit 7443/7444 ck amber turn signals....major improvement! I tried to install Lasfit's T10 amber leds for the sidemarkers but I couldn't get them to snap in good and ended up losing both of them inside the housing.

If anyone is looking to do the rear turn signals I purchased some no name amber led bulbs off ebay that promised no errors for under $20 and they are super bright and work awesome! They are a weird Euro-type PWY24W bulb.

kingkasc

Reaction score
My Lasfit switchback fogs are giving me issues. Driver's side seems to only come on when it wants. Have a replacement Lasfit (non switchback) set coming today. Absoulutely love the Lasfit LA+ H11 low beams, Lasfit 9005 high beams, and Lasfit 7443/7444 ck amber turn signals....major improvement! I tried to install Lasfit's T10 amber leds for the sidemarkers but I couldn't get them to snap in good and ended up losing both of them inside the housing.

If anyone is looking to do the rear turn signals I purchased some no name amber led bulbs off ebay that promised no errors for under $20 and they are super bright and work awesome! They are a weird Euro-type PWY24W bulb.
the lasfit brake lights on amazon for $20 are great! no issues with my switchback turn signals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/