5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight bulb replacement - Bighorn

kingkasc

Reaction score
Don’t do anything else but headlightrevolution.com. Bulbs are super bright and looks amazing. They are brighter than the stock RAM LED headlights
Did you need the anti flicker for the hikari fog lights? Thanks

vvgrovervv

Reaction score
be warned with cheaper LEDs. there have been more a than a few electrical fires from using inferior products. Stay away from the Hikari ones on amazon. You can use if you want but its your truck and no warranty when you fry a circuit. If you want the best check out this site: https://www.theretrofitsource.com
they are the market gurus for headlight upgrades and they dont deal in cheap ****, only quality parts. They also have facebook page.

kingkasc

Reaction score
Has anyone bought the extended gromet for the seal? Did it do the job? Thanks

Mason1217

Reaction score
be warned with cheaper LEDs. there have been more a than a few electrical fires from using inferior products. Stay away from the Hikari ones on amazon. You can use if you want but its your truck and no warranty when you fry a circuit. If you want the best check out this site: https://www.theretrofitsource.com
they are the market gurus for headlight upgrades and they dont deal in cheap ****, only quality parts. They also have facebook page.
You cant even select the year 2019 on their site and ram isn’t a brand, you still have to pick dodge. Maybe they should get with the times lol.

vvgrovervv

Reaction score
You cant even select the year 2019 on their site and ram isn’t a brand, you still have to pick dodge. Maybe they should get with the times lol.
website my not be the most up to date but they have the best stuff

Mason1217

Reaction score
website my not be the most up to date but they have the best stuff
Have you used them for a 2019 ram? I was interested in comparing to headlight revolution but it seems like they don’t have a single item for 2019 rams yet?

kingkasc

Reaction score
Have you used them for a 2019 ram? I was interested in comparing to headlight revolution but it seems like they don’t have a single item for 2019 rams yet?
Which brand? I ordered headlight rev low beams and hitari fog lights from amazon.

Mason1217

Reaction score
Which brand? I ordered headlight rev low beams and hitari fog lights from amazon.
I was wondering if he found bulbs from the site he recommended because I don’t see anything for 2019’s. Was wondering how the site he talked about comapred to headlight rev.

SB89

Reaction score
How did you install your low beams? I was doing the high beams yesterday and that was difficult even with the filter box out completely.

I also did the fog lights, reverse lights and cargo bed lights already. Saved the low beams for last since they seemed the hardest.
This is where I'm at with my truck too.

I just bought LASFIT LED's for the tail lights and cargo lights (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077PQWQR2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) but have been holding off on the LED headlights because I've heard about all the headaches with installation.

For anyone who has installed the Supernova V.4 from Headlight Revolution (https://headlightrevolution.com/2019-ram-low-beam-led-headlight-bulbs-supernova-v-4/) is it easier to do as they did in the video from above by removing the ground wiring on driver side and filter box on passenger side - or is it easier to come in from below by removing the wheel well liners? I'm dreading replacing these headlights but it's high on my priority list.

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Don’t do anything else but headlightrevolution.com. Bulbs are super bright and looks amazing. They are brighter than the stock RAM LED headlights
Those are definitely a huge upgrade, but the stock LEDs have a very good width especially with the fogs on and have full illumination with no dark spots really. I dont think these are quite at that level but it's a huge improvement over stock

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
First to the OP (a while back) @deanfx be advised the supernova v4s have fans on them, since you mentioned you did not want that. The fans are not too noisy, you can only hear them when the engine is not running... BUT only time will tell if they stand the tests of time and the elements.

...but have been holding off on the LED headlights because I've heard about all the headaches with installation.

For anyone who has installed the Supernova V.4 from Headlight Revolution (https://headlightrevolution.com/2019-ram-low-beam-led-headlight-bulbs-supernova-v-4/) is it easier to do as they did in the video from above by removing the ground wiring on driver side and filter box on passenger side - or is it easier to come in from below by removing the wheel well liners? I'm dreading replacing these headlights but it's high on my priority list.

First, don’t do any of this if you aren’t prepared for at least a FEW headaches. ;-). Nothing insurmountable though, just be careful and bring a patient can-do attitude and all will work out.

I installed Supernova v4 lows and highs, and found it to be worth the time to open the front of the wheel well liner for another angle to get my hand in there. The site’s videos were very informative but didn’t do justice to the time and trial-and-error required to fit everything inside the dust covered compartment. Eventually got it all in there though.

FYI these lights are almost too bright, blinding oncoming traffic unless you adjust them downward. Great in the boonies (like where I grew up) but potentially problematic in higher trafic areas. My 2 cents, good luck with the upgrades.

kingkasc

Reaction score
First to the OP (a while back) @deanfx be advised the supernova v4s have fans on them, since you mentioned you did not want that. The fans are not too noisy, you can only hear them when the engine is not running... BUT only time will tell if they stand the tests of time and the elements.

First, don’t do any of this if you aren’t prepared for at least a FEW headaches. ;-). Nothing insurmountable though, just be careful and bring a patient can-do attitude and all will work out.

I installed Supernova v4 lows and highs, and found it to be worth the time to open the front of the wheel well liner for another angle to get my hand in there. The site’s videos were very informative but didn’t do justice to the time and trial-and-error required to fit everything inside the dust covered compartment. Eventually got it all in there though.

FYI these lights are almost too bright, blinding oncoming traffic unless you adjust them downward. Great in the boonies (like where I grew up) but potentially problematic in higher trafic areas. My 2 cents, good luck with the upgrades.
Mine come in the mail today. How do I go about on pointing them down? I def don’t want to be blinding ppl here in detroit

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
Those are definitely a huge upgrade, but the stock LEDs have a very good width especially with the fogs on and have full illumination with no dark spots really. I dont think these are quite at that level but it's a huge improvement over stock
I don’t know man. My buddy has the led upgrade on his and in his opinion and mine we agreed that these headlight revolutions were brighter. Now I don’t know about high beams since I didn’t get those. The dogs that I got as well I can use as the headlights just because their extremely bright as well. But now that I tinted my headlights....it’s a different story. Lol

Attachments

• 196D2BB9-789C-43F9-ABA7-F0B0E91576FF.jpeg
    196D2BB9-789C-43F9-ABA7-F0B0E91576FF.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 86

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
I don’t know man. My buddy has the led upgrade on his and in his opinion and mine we agreed that these headlight revolutions were brighter. Now I don’t know about high beams since I didn’t get those. The dogs that I got as well I can use as the headlights just because their extremely bright as well. But now that I tinted my headlights....it’s a different story. Lol
Looks sharp I like the black. I cant wait to debadge and dechrome the few badges that stay

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine come in the mail today. How do I go about on pointing them down? I def don’t want to be blinding ppl here in detroit
There’s a faq post around here somewhere on adjusting headlights... get on level ground with a flat surface to shine onto (like a garage door), pop the hood, use a long hex driver (6mm?) straight down into these little funnel looking tubes behind the lights to dial each one higher/lower. Lots more measuring if you want to be precise, but I just marked where they were originally and guessed how much lower I needed to go to not hit oncoming driver eyes. I had to go full deflection down, still illuminates the roadway fine. YMMV.

If I recall correctly to aim the lights down, one side was CW and the other was CCW... but just watch while you slowly turn to confirm this as I’m not 100% sure and this differs from other reports here. Would love to hear whether you confirm the direction. Don’t over adjust them or you might hurt/strip the threads somehow. Lemme search hang on... ok link HERE and I’ll go outside and shoot a pic. Ok pics attached, good luck.

DBA1462A-AE50-40F1-9FA1-7133E4B3FCDC.jpeg
47E061F6-DC72-4FEA-B632-74995B0F2869.jpeg

Last edited:

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let me try to share a video with audio of the headlight fan noise. Quite audible actually with the engine off. For those of you with Supernova v4s are they that loud for you too?

SB89

Reaction score
Let me try to share a video with audio of the headlight fan noise. Quite audible actually with the engine off. For those of you with Supernova v4s are they that loud for you too?

I've seen some people have no issues with fan noise and others like this. How is the noise compared to say....a cell phone vibrating? Can you still hear it inside the cab while driving?

Users who are viewing this thread