5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight bulb replacement - Bighorn

witchdocto12

Reaction score
Just in case people were looking for alternatives to the LASFIT bulbs everyone is talking about ...

This brand is Beamtech from Amazon. They are probably not as bright as as the LASFIT guys, but I think they cost a little less.

819dc56784aa596289a821a2ad2d62e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJanx07

Reaction score
FINALLY!!!

I've replaced all the bulbs on the front end with LED bulbs and I am pretty **** happy. Install took me longer than it should for a number of reasons, but the truck looks GREAT now.

For $220 (which is $10 more than the price of the Supernova V4 low beams alone) I was able to get LED low beams, high beams, fog lights and switchback turn signals from LASFIT.

I'll upload some pictures later when it gets darker.

Here are the links if anyone is interested in buying:

LASFIT H11 low beams and fog lights (36w per bulb LA+ series): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JQNVFQS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LASFIT 9005 high beams (36w per bulb LA+ series): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JQ6YTJB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LASFIT 7443 switchback turn signals (CK socket): https://www.lasfit.com/collections/...ghts-canbus-error-free?variant=21394734645332
Thanks for the info! I want to do this conversation also, but when I click on the link for High Beams, it says “they don’t fit/match your vehicle”. Just clarifying that they will on my 19’ Big Horn w/ halogen’s? Before I pull the trigger...
Thanks!

SB89

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I want to do this conversation also, but when I click on the link for High Beams, it says “they don’t fit/match your vehicle”. Just clarifying that they will on my 19’ Big Horn w/ halogen’s? Before I pull the trigger...
Thanks!
They’ll fit no problem. Amazon doesn’t always have updated vehicle fitment for a lot of the 2019 RAM products. I’ve got a ‘19 Big Horn with halogen bulbs too and all the links above are what I’ve installed without issue.

kingkasc

Reaction score
Thanks!
they will work no problem.

nicodywill

Reaction score
I have a question related to the orientation of the the bulbs once installed for the best beam pattern.
I think all of these LasFit bulbs utilize an adjustable collar that you can use to rotate the bulb to optimize beam pattern.

How are you guys setting the bulbs to reach this? I just ordered up all the bulbs to swap over and want to change them out as efficiently as possible.
Is the best orientation with the rows of LED's facing left and right? facing top and bottom? something else?

Rick8325

Reaction score
I have a question related to the orientation of the the bulbs once installed for the best beam pattern.
I think all of these LasFit bulbs utilize an adjustable collar that you can use to rotate the bulb to optimize beam pattern.

How are you guys setting the bulbs to reach this? I just ordered up all the bulbs to swap over and want to change them out as efficiently as possible.
Is the best orientation with the rows of LED's facing left and right? facing top and bottom? something else?
Lasfit recommends the led chips face left-right for proper beam pattern.

EJanx07

Reaction score
They’ll fit no problem. Amazon doesn’t always have updated vehicle fitment for a lot of the 2019 RAM products. I’ve got a ‘19 Big Horn with halogen bulbs too and all the links above are what I’ve installed without issue.
Thank you, Sir!

kingkasc

Reaction score

They come left to right already, you want the wiring part of the bulb to face down(6 oclock) the driver side bulb will be slightly angled 5oclock and 11oclock, works perfect tho. This is the best bulb company out for the price and easy installation. I suggest using headlightrevolution video on youtube for adjusting the bulbs downwards.

counter clock wise to adjust the bulbs downward (needs to go down alot or youll blind everyone on the road) I recommend using a flat head screwdriver.. phillips will strip the set screw.

EJanx07

Reaction score
they will work no problem.
My apologies for not knowing this....but what are the "switchbacks"? Are they the turn signal's or day time running lights? Or will they work for both?
I'm going to do the low's and fog's to start, but I also want to switch my running lights to LED's as well.
Thanks!

SB89

Reaction score
My apologies for not knowing this....but what are the "switchbacks"? Are they the turn signal's or day time running lights? Or will they work for both?
I'm going to do the low's and fog's to start, but I also want to switch my running lights to LED's as well.
Thanks!
Unless I'm mistaken, the low beams are used for DRL. The switchbacks will be white when your headlights are on and then turn yellow when you put your turn signals on. I don't believe you'll get the white from the turn signals on your daytime running lights.

Rick8325

Reaction score
I'm having slight flickering issues with my Lasfit H11 fog and Lasfit LA+ H11 low beam headlights at idling but seems to go away when engine is revved. Emailed them and they wanted me to purchase some decoder resistors for $15-20 a pair. I said I was just going to return the lights back to Amazon because I'm not going to pay for anything additional for what I was told would work and they said they would send the decoders for me to test out.

They said I needed these: https://www.lasfit.com/products/las...canbus-decoder-warning-canceller-anti-flicker
But sent these: https://www.lasfit.com/products/las...-free-anti-flicker-resistor-canceller-decoder

I emailed and they said the ones that were sent should work. I was worried at first because those resistors get hot and I didn't want them inside my plastic headlight housing. The canbus/resistor/decoder they sent is fairly large and won't get really hot but I don't know how it's going to fit inside the headlight with the bulb. I'll try it later on the fogs because those will just get zipped tied to something and there's no dust cover. Anyone else notice flickering? I didn't at first.

Rick8325

Reaction score
I'm having slight flickering issues with my Lasfit H11 fog and Lasfit LA+ H11 low beam headlights at idling but seems to go away when engine is revved. Emailed them and they wanted me to purchase some decoder resistors for $15-20 a pair. I said I was just going to return the lights back to Amazon because I'm not going to pay for anything additional for what I was told would work and they said they would send the decoders for me to test out.

They said I needed these: https://www.lasfit.com/products/las...canbus-decoder-warning-canceller-anti-flicker
But sent these: https://www.lasfit.com/products/las...-free-anti-flicker-resistor-canceller-decoder

I emailed and they said the ones that were sent should work. I was worried at first because those resistors get hot and I didn't want them inside my plastic headlight housing. The canbus/resistor/decoder they sent is fairly large and won't get really hot but I don't know how it's going to fit inside the headlight with the bulb. I'll try it later on the fogs because those will just get zipped tied to something and there's no dust cover. Anyone else notice flickering? I didn't at first.
So I installed the decoder boxes on my fogs and the slight flickering went away. That's good news but I'm not sure how the box will fit in the headlight housing behind the dust cover. I'll attempt the install later today.

kingkasc

Reaction score
So I installed the decoder boxes on my fogs and the slight flickering went away. That's good news but I'm not sure how the box will fit in the headlight housing behind the dust cover. I'll attempt the install later today.
I noticed my low beams flicker bad if they are turned off, but I didn't notice flickering on anything if everything is left on. I'll def check for flickering now that I know i'm not alone. lasfit has horrible customer service but a good bulb and pricing.

Rick8325

Reaction score
I noticed my low beams flicker bad if they are turned off, but I didn't notice flickering on anything if everything is left on. I'll def check for flickering now that I know i'm not alone. lasfit has horrible customer service but a good bulb and pricing.
So far their customer service has been good to me. It's a very slight flicker. Almost like your eyes are twitching. I noticed one morning while the beam was shining on my shed. I then started to notice it behind cars at traffic lights.

Carlmyman

Reaction score
Take your time, look at the light from behind ( I did mine through the wheel well ) and you will notice the larger sized area around the bulb. I used Hikari with the extra decoder box ( 1 Big & 1 small box for each) and got them in with no problem. I started with the bigger of the 2 and after that fed the small box then installed the light. The dust cover was no problem going through the wheel well. The first time I went through the top & what a pain in the azz! Definitely through the wheel well for the low beams.

kingkasc

Reaction score
Mine dont flash...? my foglights will flicker though if they are in the off

Rick8325

Reaction score
Take your time, look at the light from behind ( I did mine through the wheel well ) and you will notice the larger sized area around the bulb. I used Hikari with the extra decoder box ( 1 Big & 1 small box for each) and got them in with no problem. I started with the bigger of the 2 and after that fed the small box then installed the light. The dust cover was no problem going through the wheel well. The first time I went through the top & what a pain in the azz! Definitely through the wheel well for the low beams.
The decoder boxes ended up fitting fine in the headlight housing. There’s plenty of room. Fixed the problem too.

kingkasc

Reaction score
Anyone else having flicker issues? My Lasfit don’t flicker..at all

Users who are viewing this thread