5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight bulb replacement - Bighorn

SB89

Reaction score
Anyone else having flicker issues? My Lasfit don’t flicker..at all
I got a very brief hyper flash on the turn signals the other night because I had my hazards on for a while but it went away right away. No issues otherwise with any of the other lights front or back.

StealthTech6

Reaction score
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the Headlight Revolution LED kit for low beam and fogs. Is everyone happy with them? I'm worried about the flickering as mentioned here. 1 question about the fogs though...the kit Headlight Revolution sells has a fan on the end. I'm working how well that fan would hold up to the weather since the fog is not inclosed in a housing like the headlight is?

Also does anyone have a code they could share? If I do go this route, full price is $380, any code would be helpful.

dsn112

Reaction score
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the Headlight Revolution LED kit for low beam and fogs. Is everyone happy with them? I'm worried about the flickering as mentioned here. 1 question about the fogs though...the kit Headlight Revolution sells has a fan on the end. I'm working how well that fan would hold up to the weather since the fog is not inclosed in a housing like the headlight is?

Also does anyone have a code they could share? If I do go this route, full price is $380, any code would be helpful.

The Morimoto 2 stroke Lights are better and cost less IMO. I'd get those.

Hawaii's Finest

Reaction score
i purchased every single bulb from lasfit external and internal. Installed internals and there very bright. Externals will be installed soon. It wasn’t cheap but they back there product and will refund if you are not satisfied. I also talked them into a 15% discount code. Do your research. They have step by step install vids on YouTube for our truck

Entes001

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a '19 Bighorn with the halogen bulbs, no LED's :(
Have any of you changed the bulbs out to something better, brighter? I'm not really into the LED's bulbs with fans attached, as they never seem to last long. I like a whiter light.

Thanks for any responses!
check out Lasfit. they have a specific page for all the led bulps for the gen 5. paid 230 for high/low and fogs.

ram0686

Reaction score
Just in case people were looking for alternatives to the LASFIT bulbs everyone is talking about ...

This brand is Beamtech from Amazon. They are probably not as bright as as the LASFIT guys, but I think they cost a little less.

819dc56784aa596289a821a2ad2d62e2.jpg

I ordered these lights, were they plug and go?

Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawaii's Finest

Reaction score
I replaced the ls+ low beam to highlight revolution low beam led. The ls+ is way too bright and blinding.

Gottabdxheese

Reaction score
The Morimoto 2 stroke Lights are better and cost less IMO. I'd get those.
Had any issues with flickering? Getting ready to pull the trigger on Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 to replace Highs, Lows, Fog. Wondering if resistors are necessary.

dsn112

Reaction score
Had any issues with flickering? Getting ready to pull the trigger on Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 to replace Highs, Lows, Fog. Wondering if resistors are necessary.

You need the anti flicker module. It’s an add on, something like $40.

I actually installed a set on my buddies work truck today
6b787977ed4af3ab5072ee67571359fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deanfx

Reaction score
Is anyone using the SL1 LED low beams from Diode Dynamics? Does the dust cap fit with these? Any issues?

Itsmeko3

Reaction score
How are you guys with the headlight revolution, lasfit or morimotos liking them now that you've had them a while? Any issues? And are you running them with our without the anti flicker modules?

brawler1588

Reaction score
I also suggest the xenon depot led pro kits to be on your watch list with the flicker module its comes to about $130 with the 10% off check out some of my threads I have some pictures and videos of them installed

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
How are you guys with the headlight revolution, lasfit or morimotos liking them now that you've had them a while? Any issues? And are you running them with our without the anti flicker modules?
The headlight revolution bulbs are still shinning brightly. I've had them for about a year now and no problems.

rjk1000

Reaction score
Are there any concerns for truck warranty voided with either lasfit or HR bulbs?

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
Are there any concerns for truck warranty voided with either lasfit or HR bulbs?
I took my truck to the dealer a couple times and talked to them about the bulbs. They were impressed with how bright they were compared to stock. I asked about warranty and they said that it wouldn’t void anything

rjk1000

Reaction score
Would you be able to PM me? Mid install right now having a mini crisis lol

deanfx

Reaction score
Would you be able to PM me? Mid install right now having a mini crisis lol
Can you detail your crisis? I am about to start the install. Did you go through the top or the fender liner?

rjk1000

Reaction score
Can you detail your crisis? I am about to start the install. Did you go through the top or the fender liner?

So I figured I would start with the “easiest” part of the instal and do the high beams. Took air box out. Took the dust cover off and stock bulb. For some reason the high beam bulb from HR will not “turn” in to the socket. Pretty frustrating.

Sobczynd

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a '19 Bighorn with the halogen bulbs, no LED's :(
Have any of you changed the bulbs out to something better, brighter? I'm not really into the LED's bulbs with fans attached, as they never seem to last long. I like a whiter light.

Thanks for any responses!
Have any luck with this ? Looking for a good pair for the low beams off amazon seems like some say they fit and others don't?

Users who are viewing this thread