5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Screen Android Auto Coming Soon?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@RAM CARES looks like we are getting closer here. Is it possible to submit a feature request to adapt the coolwalk feature to use the full screen? I think this would make a lot of folks happy that have android phones.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
We appreciate your feedback, we will provide this feedback to our team for any future implementation.

William
Ram Cares

Roman2179

Reaction score
So weird that Apple CarPlay has more features on the UC5 system especially considering the fact that UC5 uses Google's Android Automotive OS. One would think that Android Automotive and Android Auto would work a bit better together than this. Coolwalk has also been in the works for a long time now so it not working at least on par with Carplay on these screens is a bit surprising.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
So weird that Apple CarPlay has more features on the UC5 system especially considering the fact that UC5 uses Google's Android Automotive OS. One would think that Android Automotive and Android Auto would work a bit better together than this. Coolwalk has also been in the works for a long time now so it not working at least on par with Carplay on these screens is a bit surprising.
exactly, it is just as weird as Waze that doesn't support the coolwalk function, while that is an app from Google.

ariesb

Reaction score
Has anyone who is part of the Coolwalk beta program used Android Auto with the latest uconnect update?

Grunt

Reaction score
Has anyone who is part of the Coolwalk beta program used Android Auto with the latest uconnect update?
I have both. No full screen and no Waze support in coolwalk.

Last edited:

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
The waze coolwalk support is coming. That is Waze dependable.

But It doesn't make any sense, as the coolwalk can only be used with a few apps (yet). And the screen, or the Android Auto part of the 12" screen is too small to enjoy 2 apps next to each other.
It would indeed be perfect to have 2 apps underneath each other, let's say 2 apps can use about 5 or 6 inch of the screen.

stlxzerox

Reaction score
The waze coolwalk support is coming. That is Waze dependable.

But It doesn't make any sense, as the coolwalk can only be used with a few apps (yet). And the screen, or the Android Auto part of the 12" screen is too small to enjoy 2 apps next to each other.
It would indeed be perfect to have 2 apps underneath each other, let's say 2 apps can use about 5 or 6 inch of the screen.
I do believe that coolwalk works with vertical displays, so UConnect allowing android auto to take up the full screen would be awesome!

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I do believe that coolwalk works with vertical displays, so UConnect allowing android auto to take up the full screen would be awesome!
Exactly! So I hope they adjust the Uconnect software quickly. In version 26.17 nothing yet

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
The new Android Auto Update website for Beta Users is below
https://mobile.softpedia.com/apk/android-auto/

Android Auto 8.7.1302 released January 16th 2023
The problem is not at the Android Auto side. Cause cool walk works. The thing is that the Uconnect software only reserves a part of the screen for AA while the Uconnect software has a full page slot reserved for Apple carplay.

ariesb

Reaction score
@RamCares being that Android Auto fully supports portrait screens now with Coolwalk and UConnect obviously has the layouts for full screen Apple CarPlay this should be a somewhat easy thing to roll out. Can you at least tell us if full screen Android Auto is on the development roadmaps?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@RamCares being that Android Auto fully supports portrait screens now with Coolwalk and UConnect obviously has the layouts for full screen Apple CarPlay this should be a somewhat easy thing to roll out. Can you at least tell us if full screen Android Auto is on the development roadmaps?
That would be a question for Uconnect not Ram.

ariesb

Reaction score
That would be a question for Uconnect not Ram.
I don't necessarily disagree, but if you go to UConnects website and try to contact them by email it redirects you to Chryslers contact page. So Chrysler is playing middle-man with UConnect.

Dean B

Reaction score
We appreciate your feedback, we will provide this feedback to our team for any future implementation.

William
Ram Cares
Hey there,
This morning when I got in and started my truck, there it was - coolwalk installed! I was so happy until after trying all the setting changes I could find and searching on the Web, my heart sank when I found that I cannot make AA full screen.
Regards
Dean

reapur

Reaction score
hopefully the effort on UC5 is not abandoned in favor of the ev.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
hopefully the effort on UC5 is not abandoned in favor of the ev.
I also really wonder if full screen Android Auto is really coming to UC5. They have to change the full layout and lots of testing. While it is probably for an "old" truck as probably the 2024 MY will be a gen 6 truck with different software or whatever again.

TMF

Reaction score
I have a Galaxy S22 on Verizon, still no coolwalk despite a recent AA app update 🙄

Regarding full screen AA: I'm not sure how bad I want that. It's actually kind of convenient to have AA up top and the media from Uconnect down below - that way you can change radio stations on FM/SXM without having to switch screens. That wouldn't be possible w/ full screen AA, so I'm a little torn.

What I'd almost rather have, is the ability to add a page of widgets underneath the AA screen (like you can on the other "My Pages"). Whatever the case, I'm still not complaining and it's better than the 8.4" screen!

Users who are viewing this thread