5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Screen Android Auto Coming Soon?

ariesb

Reaction score

dc51786

Reaction score
Ive been desperately trying to find more info since seeing that same article elsewhere. Am I understanding right that IF ram decided to implement, it would be delivered via uconnect upgrade?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Probably wouldn't work for Uconnect 4. Maybe a uconnect 5 update

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive been desperately trying to find more info since seeing that same article elsewhere. Am I understanding right that IF ram decided to implement, it would be delivered via uconnect upgrade?
Correct, but it's entirely up to Ram, there's no way for Google to force it through Android OS.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Any more recent info on this? Just started using my truck and surprised this doesn't seem to be a feature!

mac424

Reaction score
Coolwalk for Android auto hasn't been released yet. Seems that they're having some issues, but it's coming soon. We'll still have to wait for Ram/Uconnect to allow a full screen android auto experience as that is not an option yet.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that they are working on this?
It seems like people were complaining about this in 2019 and it doesn't seem to have been fixed yet. It's really annoying not having full screen. I want to use Waze and trying to put an address in the screen is so compact its impossible to scroll or see anything.

@RamCares Would love to see an update on this feature people have been asking for for a while!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any more recent info on this? Just started using my truck and surprised this doesn't seem to be a feature!
Rammmer,

If you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that they are working on this?
Hello Grazsrootz,

If you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

mac424

Reaction score
@RamCares Curious why the VIN and PM would solve anything on this request. Seems like all of us using Android Auto would like to have a full screen experience like our Apple Carplay friends. Standing questions are really:

1. Will we ever get this option especially the pending release of Coolwalk by Android Auto?
2. Is anyone even working on full screen UX for Android Auto? Seems to be something has been an ask for a while.

TMF

Reaction score
Screenshot_20220920_221804.jpg

Based on the photos of the 2023 Ram 1500...it looks like it might have a full screen for Android auto. Or perhaps split with the main screen on the top and widgets along the bottom.

Screenshot_20220920_221831.jpg

If this is the case, I wonder in 2022's and other Uconnect 5 systems will get this update?

mac424

Reaction score
View attachment 139556

Based on the photos of the 2023 Ram 1500...it looks like it might have a full screen for Android auto. Or perhaps split with the main screen on the top and widgets along the bottom.

View attachment 139557

If this is the case, I wonder in 2022's and other Uconnect 5 systems will get this update?

I could go do that setup right now with my 2022. Top half is android auto. Bottom left is your bluetooth phone favorites.

mac424

Reaction score
but can you put it full screen and not top and bottom seperated
Nope and that picture from the 2023 can't either. There's no option to remove the bottom widget to get a full screen.

It would be nice to know if it's going to be in the works or who is the limiting factor though. @RamCares any feedback on that?

RamCares

Reaction score
Nope and that picture from the 2023 can't either. There's no option to remove the bottom widget to get a full screen.

It would be nice to know if it's going to be in the works or who is the limiting factor though. @RamCares any feedback on that?
Mac424,

There are no full screen with the Android phones just yet. We will take this feedback to discuss with our partners for future strategic implementation.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread