5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Screen Android Auto Coming Soon?

thekeithlane

Reaction score
If you go back and actually read, I was replying about he comment complaining about the display being too small to be useful with only being in half the screen. I was merely pointing out that, even only using half the display, it's a larger nav screen then most other vehicles offer, or any third party option people use.

You can complain because you want th feature and it doesn't have it. But don't try and justify your complaining by saying it's too small to be useful
I did read. I'm sorry if I came off rude. I probably could have worded myself better.

Yes, the "to be useful" suggestion he made was extreme. But it's more venting. Right or wrong, he bought a full 12.1" display and it's not operating how he expected. He sees the Carplay experience. He uses it everyday and feels bothered, maybe cheated by a truck that he spent a lot of money on and probably thinks the rest is great.
You going in and trying to major on the phrasing doesn't help get him where he wants to be.
If you're playing the role of staff member / moderator, you can still be right and de-escalate / find common ground.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did read. I'm sorry if I came off rude. I probably could have worded myself better.

Yes, the "to be useful" suggestion he made was extreme. But it's more venting. Right or wrong, he bought a full 12.1" display and it's not operating how he expected. He sees the Carplay experience. He uses it everyday and feels bothered, maybe cheated by a truck that he spent a lot of money on and probably thinks the rest is great.
You going in and trying to major on the phrasing doesn't help get him where he wants to be.
If you're playing the role of staff member / moderator, you can still be right and de-escalate / find common ground.
I have. Explained it's not Ram that is the issue, and Android Auto doesn't even support it at this point in time. There is an upcoming update to support it, and until that is released, Uconnect and Ram can't do anything about it.

ram813ltd

Reaction score
AA is fine on 1/2 of the 12". what i don't like is the info box on AA taking up 1/2 the map. it doesn't need to be that big

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yah i would be fun to be able to customize are self what size we want .. some stuff i would put full screen, other would be 3/4 of screen etc... i sure i could be done,

omegafiler

Reaction score
I will also reiterate that due to the narrow aspect ratio of the 12" display and fixed content at the top and bottom, you already have less area to work with than the numbers might imply. So you've got maybe 80% to work with, and then less than half of that is used for AA. The rest ends up being lots of blank space with a couple buttons.

Carplay use of the entire 80% is way better. Especially since you can choose to use that for a single app or split screen for 3 at the same time.

In either case, I've spoke with customer care multiple times regarding AA full screen and they either have no idea what I'm talking about or can't give me any idea if/when it'll be added.

I'd strongly suggest folks contact RAM care directly, open a case, and help make it a priority.

fliptide

Reaction score
Not holding my breath on when this will ever happen. It has been "coming soon" at least since my wife bought a '20 Subaru with a similar large screen. At this point I would be happy with being able to add AA to the home page or have the ability to customize the AA page in a similar fashion to the home page.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not holding my breath on when this will ever happen. It has been "coming soon" at least since my wife bought a '20 Subaru with a similar large screen. At this point I would be happy with being able to add AA to the home page or have the ability to customize the AA page in a similar fashion to the home page.
Does ful screen AA work on the Subaru?

Powercatnewt

Reaction score
Until the Android update is released to allow full screen Android auto, complaining about Ram and Uconnect is wasted breath. They won't be able to do anything until the Android update is live.
It has been available for a long time now you don't need Cool walk for it my Ford F 150 got an update yesterday with it

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I'm using an Android 13 device and I'm in the Android Auto beta group, which should have coolwalk, and I see no difference on my Uconnect 5

fillabong69

Reaction score
I'm using an Android 13 device and I'm in the Android Auto beta group, which should have coolwalk, and I see no difference on my Uconnect 5
Got to setting > apps > android auto > storage > clear cache. Then restart phone. Should be working but it still is only showing half screen but does look different. So I'm still disappointed so far

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Got to setting > apps > android auto > storage > clear cache. Then restart phone. Should be working but it still is only showing half screen but does look different. So I'm still disappointed so far
Good tip, did so and will check tomorrow or later today.

But I already saw screenshots that the spilt screen was still in that half part of the 12" display.

So it is a uconnect 5 issue instead of Android Auto issue. Hopefully with version 26 it will be get fixed.

Grunt

Reaction score
I got into the beta today also and can confirm top screen is coolwalk, bottom screen is a widget.

Attachments

• PXL_20221116_230719535.jpg
    PXL_20221116_230719535.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 73

g00fy

Reaction score
Good tip, did so and will check tomorrow or later today.

But I already saw screenshots that the spilt screen was still in that half part of the 12" display.

So it is a uconnect 5 issue instead of Android Auto issue. Hopefully with version 26 it will be get fixed.
Nope, still not full screen on 26.15...

20221116_084754.jpg

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
how ridiculous. So it is clearly the Uconnect 5 software that only allows to give room for android auto like on the normal sized screens. Does anyone have the version 26 of the uconnect 5 software? As that is the latest version, maybe there they adjusted the software that it can be full screen like Carplay

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
how ridiculous. So it is clearly the Uconnect 5 software that only allows to give room for android auto like on the normal sized screens. Does anyone have the version 26 of the uconnect 5 software? As that is the latest version, maybe there they adjusted the software that it can be full screen like Carplay
You ask have to realize coolwalk was just released, and will take Uconnect a little time to adjust the code to work with any added features. It's not going to be immediate. Now that Android 13 is official, they can work with it. Might be in the next uconnect5 update.

grazsrootz

Reaction score
I got into the beta today also and can confirm top screen is coolwalk, bottom screen is a widget.
@RAM CARES looks like we are getting closer here. Is it possible to submit a feature request to adapt the coolwalk feature to use the full screen? I think this would make a lot of folks happy that have android phones.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread