Fueling issues

TruckGuy77

Reaction score
I got my truck back and Yes. Replacing the tank solved the issue. After the dealer installed it, I took it straight to the gas station, inserted the nozzle and locked the nozzle on high and just stood there happily watching 24 gallons fill the tank.

awesome news man I’m glad the new replacement helped solve the issue. It didn’t for mine unfortunately. Currently 3 weeks at the shop still no answer

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had my repairs done today. Dropped off this morning, picked up after lunch. Does not appear to have fixed the problem. I have the 33 gallon tank and dropped it off on E.

Put 10 gallons in after I picked it up...it'll go to 3 gallons before shutting off. The last time I filled it, it was 0.3 before shutoff.

52029841AG - Fuel Filler Tube
52029939AC - Recirculation Tube

I'll give it a few days to burn some fuel off and try another station before calling the dealer and getting a tank on order.

To those in this thread - do you have the 26 or 33 gallon tank?
To update you guys.... still have this issue.

However, traded in my truck so I won't be seeing the tank replacement.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
were you leasing or buying?That’s crazy did you go with another ram or changing brands?
The trade had nothing to do with the fuel tank issue...actually didn't know it was still an issue until after I had it traded and went to put a few gallons in.

Changed from a car allowance to a company vehicle shortly after my ordered Ram came in. Great truck - love it. We opted to sell the wife's car vs the Ram over a year ago and sold our trailer boat for a 37'. Rams not going to tow that lol. Got her an SUV that'll fit in the garage.

Last edited:

harshsb

Reaction score
Finally, after the temp fix from the dealer, I received my call and they finally got the part in sock. I took my truck in about a week ago, I was initially told it's a one day job but since they started working on the truck late, it took them two days. Got my truck back with the new gas tank and have been to the gas station 3x already with no issues pumping gas (crossing fingers here) hope I don't run into this problem again.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Finally, after the temp fix from the dealer, I received my call and they finally got the part in sock. I took my truck in about a week ago, I was initially told it's a one day job but since they started working on the truck late, it took them two days. Got my truck back with the new gas tank and have been to the gas station 3x already with no issues pumping gas (crossing fingers here) hope I don't run into this problem again.
So glad to hear this update, harshsb! If you happen to experience this concern again or you happen to have any questions down the road, our team is always just a private message away and more than happy to provide additional support.

Mark
RamCares

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)