5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fueling issues

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It certainly isn't a very robust filler neck arrangement. I need to get mine in for a bad canister or whatever sets off the p0441 code. The tank isn't venting, it's under vaccum everytime I open the filler flap

gjs4

Reaction score
I removed the spring on the rollover valve at the fill port on the tank… made fueling easier and frothing/puking gas an issue.

Local dealer where I bought it said they can only replace the tank and that will be 1500$. FCA said I bought it used (7k miles) and despite the 35k on it when this started had no warranty tested coverage.

I have a long road trip to and round the Midwest this week… pondered just drilling a small hole into the tank for the meanwhile. This whole deal is total BS and I will not buy or recommend dodge again.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I removed the spring on the rollover valve at the fill port on the tank… made fueling easier and frothing/puking gas an issue.

Local dealer where I bought it said they can only replace the tank and that will be 1500$. FCA said I bought it used (7k miles) and despite the 35k on it when this started had no warranty tested coverage.

I have a long road trip to and round the Midwest this week… pondered just drilling a small hole into the tank for the meanwhile. This whole deal is total BS and I will not buy or recommend dodge again.
Someone else in the thread said that they replaced the canister purge valve and it cured the problem.

DomF

Reaction score
Someone else in the thread said that they replaced the canister purge valve and it cured the problem.
Several online forums have said the same in regards to it being the canister purge valve but dealer says it's the valve in the tank itself or possibly the fuel pump with regards to my 46,000 mile 2019. Please keep us posted in regards to what you find out with your truck, hopefully it will help the rest of us. As far as my truck goes I'm at a crossroads in regards to what I'm going to do.

eyerocks

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 19 ram. I swapped my fuel tank and no more issues. Dealer going to go through a list of “possible solutions ” under warranty it’s takes a while because of parts availability and out of warranty it’s costly to pay for parts that won’t fix it. The tank is the last they’ll replace but all in all it’s the fuel tank. I was out of warranty and decided to do a 33 gallon upgrade myself since I was paying out of pocket and worked perfectly.

DomF

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 19 ram. I swapped my fuel tank and no more issues. Dealer going to go through a list of “possible solutions ” under warranty it’s takes a while because of parts availability and out of warranty it’s costly to pay for parts that won’t fix it. The tank is the last they’ll replace but all in all it’s the fuel tank. I was out of warranty and decided to do a 33 gallon upgrade myself since I was paying out of pocket and worked perfectly.
Thank you so much for the prompt response. This is my 4th and only Ram that I have had any issues with. I guess I will authorize the replacement of only the tank and line kit and see what happens.

WI

Users who are viewing this thread