5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freedom Convoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total firearm deaths 2016: 132 (suicides: 123, homicides: N/A)
Violent crime rate: 197.6 per 100,000 (3rd lowest)

Yep, New Hampshire is really bad if you are considering suicide, but not if you are afraid of someone else shooting you
That’s because gun laws apply to law abiding citizens. Criminals don’t obey laws last I checked.

We're talking about firearms homicide rates. Don't try moving the goalposts.

You know you're doing something right when the number of firearms homicides for your state is listed as "N/A" in an anti-gun hit piece.

Isn't NH 90+ % white? MAybe they need some diversity.

This source seems a bit slanted to support their narrative. I didn't look at all 50 states but looking at Ohio alone I see some issues.

The most blatantly skewed stat:
1647696581480.png
4 Shooters were charged and they occurred in 3 separate locations. That's not a lone gunman with a high capacity magazines attacking a soft target.

Many of these incidents reported in Ohio are drug related or domestic disputes. But some are also murder-suicide:
1647697048780.png
1647697288463.png
1647697425453.png
People have killed their families in many ways, including knives, drowning, blunt force, exhaust fumes, etc, not just gunfire. Again, not someone attacking strangers in an active shooter type situation. These are focused attacks that would likely have used alternate methods if a gun wasn't available (as noted by the other methods people have used).

Of the 13 cited cases for Ohio, only 1 involved "assault weapon or high-capacity magazines" or random victims with the sole purpose of inflicting as much harm as possible.
As we've noted before in this thread, we're not getting all the facts here. Sure there are some facts here (people were shot), but it's not the whole story. This site is clearly biased, and is presenting the facts in such a way to support their anti-gun view.

So if Ohio has 1 actual case, not 13, how many of the other states are also inaccurately described.

This source seems a bit slanted to support their narrative. I didn't look at all 50 states but looking at Ohio alone I see some issues.

View attachment 123627
4 Shooters were charged and they occurred in 3 separate locations. That's not a lone gunman with a high capacity magazines attacking a soft target.

Many of these incidents reported in Ohio are drug related or domestic disputes. But some are also murder-suicide:
View attachment 123628
View attachment 123631
View attachment 123632
People have killed their families in many ways, including knives, drowning, blunt force, exhaust fumes, etc, not just gunfire. Again, not someone attacking strangers in an active shooter type situation. These are focused attacks that would likely have used alternate methods if a gun wasn't available (as noted by the other methods people have used).

Of the 13 cited cases for Ohio, only 1 involved "assault weapon or high-capacity magazines" or random victims with the sole purpose of inflicting as much harm as possible.
As we've noted before in this thread, we're not getting all the facts here. Sure there are some facts here (people were shot), but it's not the whole story. This site is clearly biased, and is presenting the facts in such a way to support their anti-gun view.

So if Ohio has 1 actual case, not 13, how many of the other states are also inaccurately described.
It's just the way they skew numbers to fit an agenda. Just like for a shooting to be classified as a "school shooting" it just has to happen on school property. Many of these shootings have nothing to do with the school, or even anyone inside the school. Could be gang, or drug related and just hapoen to happen on school property in middle of night with no kids anywhere close. But still listed in official stats as a "school shooting" to push an agenda.

Thanks for the info, but they’re painting a narrative.

I dont like the term “assault weapon”……... If I assault you with a toaster, that toaster becomes an assault weapon.

I wish these sites would stop using that term based on the way a rifle looks.

Also the “AR” in AR15 doesn’t stand for “assault rifle”, despite what the drive by media says.

I call total BS on the one round statement if you refer to self defense. People in stressful situations miss, even the ones that claim they never do. This would be a life ending mistake for most.

It kind of goes with the "why didn't they just shoot him in the hand to disarm him?" comment.
Oh I agree completely. Only having 1 round would be a HUGE mistake in home defense, or any fire fight. I said I only need 1 round to get the job done, because it only takes 1 round to kill a person with a gun. Well technically you don't need any rounds to kill someone with a gun, because you can bludgeon them with it, but that's not the point. Limiting capacity doesn't prevent the ability to kill people, so you technically only need 1 round.

1647698994618.png

LOL, seriously though, I am in no way saying you should walk around with a single bullet. My point was that limiting capacity won't prevent death. Sorry for the confusion, apparently you're not the only one who mistook my intended meaning.

Isn't NH 90+ % white? MAybe they need some diversity.
And there's no checkpoint at the state line limiting access, so any race, religion or gender is free to move there.

View attachment 123627

View attachment 123628
View attachment 123631
View attachment 123632

I love the argument.......no matter what is presented.......you will always say guns are not the issue.......I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back