5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freedom Convoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snekpete

Reaction score
By chance I pulled onto I70 this morning around 11 and merged right into the freedom convoy heading to DC. Lots of trucks, everything from old Oakie pickups to brand new Kenworths. Every one had an American flag and a slogan like "Freedom", "No Mandates", "Vax Choice". They were all in the right lane and driving politely. I passed maybe a hundred of them in the left lane, I do not know how many were behind that. There were hundreds of people on the overpasses and along parts of the road waving flags. Many of the trucks would sound their air horns as they passed the cheering spectators. It was quite impressive, I was impressed. There were two lone cops leading the procession, everyone seemed polite and courteous.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You only need to worry when they're "Mostly Peaceful."
Yea, like in Canada where they were smashing out windows and dragging people to the ground beating them or trampling them with horses, or.... oh.... wait, that's right, the citizens were parked, having cookouts, singing and waving flags. It was the government who was on the rampage beating people there..... hmmmmm.

Kind of like DC when an unarmed woman started to crawl through a doorway, two cops left instead of stopping her and multiple cops on the other side stood back so that rather than simply subduing her, shot her in the neck. More in another area beat a woman and would not let anyone render aid so she died also.

Our heros

All the while cities burned and they were peacful.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I wonder what is factually wrong. That two cops walked away from an unarmed woman just before she was murdered rather than simply detained? Imagine if every traffic stop that a driver got out of their car resulted in being killed on the spot. Imagine all the looters across the nation being gunned down instantly.

Where is the outrage? Where are the cars burning? Where are the stores being looted in the name of justice?

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I am sure they do. They own trucks as a business. Sometimes you can take time off for vacation or use that time for things that matter to you.

You can tell these people are conservatives. No buildings are burning, no businesses are being robbed and looted, random people are not being beaten in the streets. It is like all conservative events. CNN is not standing there telling you its peaceful as you see a city engulfed in flames as the backdrop.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Weird because when ever there were other protests or marches. Everyone said they couldn’t have jobs to be out there protesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Reaction score
Don’t they have jobs???

They refused the jab, so maybe not. People with jobs do have PTO that they can use as well. Another thing people with jobs have is savings to fall back on

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am sure they do. They own trucks as a business. Sometimes you can take time off for vacation or use that time for things that matter to you.
Weird because when ever there were other protests or marches. Everyone said they couldn’t have jobs to be out there protesting.
Ha ha. Well you can't argue with that, because that's exactly what people were claiming.

I'm okay with peaceful protest and demonstration regardless of what their cause is. It could be a protest to outlaw dogs as pets. I'd be totally against that cause, but if they're peaceful in their protest, I support their right to do it.
I'm not a trucker, but from what I heard on the news, it sounds like the convoy that hit the US-Canada border wasn't particularly peaceful, and greatly disrupted international commerce. They impacted many people who have absolutely zero control over the situation they are protesting. However, the convoy that rolled from California to DC sounds like it coordinated with state and local police to make sure it went smoothly and without causing undue hardship to the communities they were passing through.

That's what a demonstration should do. Raise awareness for your cause, not be a headline about what troubles you've caused. Rosa Parks sat in a bus seat against segregation, thousands of women marched on DC to gain the right vote, Mahatma Gandhi went on a hunger strike against electoral caste separation, and millions of Americans joined hands to raise awareness/money for homeless and poverty.
These are peaceful protests. This is what Gandhi and Dr. King envisioned. PEACEFUL protest. When you're marching down the street chanting "no justice, no peace" you're ignoring the main aspect. They're threatening and/or condoning violence if they don't get their way. That's not peaceful, that's menacing and intimidation. They're saying it right in the their chant, "no peace". Don't pi$$ on my Wheaties then tell me it's milk, and don't threaten violence then tell me you're peaceful. That's no better than storming the capital, vandalizing property and assaulting people.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
The double sided standards is what I find amusing.

Both far right and far left are the biggest bunch of hypocrites I’ve ever seen.

Liberal protestors block a road- omg we have jobs to get to don’t these people work. This is outrageous !

Conservatives block a bridge and a city- we are standing up for our freedoms and rights!

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Liberal protestors block a road- omg we have jobs to get to don’t these people work. This is outrageous !

Conservatives block a bridge and a city- we are standing up for our freedoms and rights!
Simply put, both groups are wrong. Demonstrate peacefully, assemble a large group, hold your signs, wave your banners, and even chant your chants for change. But don't threaten violence, don't interfere with John/Jane Q. Citizen who has no involvement or influence on your cause. Why are you (protester) preventing some random person from going about their day, when they have nothing to do with what you're protesting?
Maybe they're on the way to a job interview to finally get back on their feet, maybe they're on their way to the airport to pick up a loved one, maybe they're on their way to the hospital to start life saving chemo treatment, or maybe they're just out for a drive. It doesn't matter what they're doing, or where they're going. It's not right to block them (nor is it legal). I don't care what group it is, if they're blocking bridges, roads or access to buildings they're wrong. Any public interference is an outrage.

I understand hippies chaining themselves to trees that are about to be cut. That's directly related to their cause. I don't understand blocking the road so the logging truck can't get through because that effects everyone else too. Be focused on your protest, not just a pain in everyone's neck who can't influence your cause. They're attention Wh*** who are more interested in being the spot light of attention than they are actually affecting change.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Violent mob of Rouge truckers wreak havoc as citizens show that they don't support them.

gettyimages-1238219953-858b9cd44ebe73bfa689c599f08066d5eb7885b6-s1100-c50.jpg

Tens of thousands of crazed armed rednecks take over the Virginia's capitol. Total mayhem ensues. Businesses make record money in one day selling out goods. Streets are cleaned up. Violence was so extreme that the overwhelmed police and national guard on duty had to make one arrest, a woman refused an order to take OFF HER MASK. Total chaos.
20210225-145453-49416451887_98bb115d80_o-1024x688.jpg

Tourists in the nation's capitol? I think not! Can't you tell? These are violent insurrectionists. They are here to take over the country. Isn't it obvious?

ErOt5RDVoAAqNQi.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Along those lines,

Liberals burn and loot businesses, destroy property, take over a police department and create their own walled off area preventing police from entering even when murders were happening, and it's a peaceful protest with very few arrested, and nobody hunted down to be held accountable.

Conservatives march on government buildings, block roads. No fires, no looting, no shots fired(by protestors) and they are domestic terrorists who need tracked down and prosecuted to the full extent

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't fool yourself, the people who took over Portland (I think that was the city) are being pursued/punished. The capital is more rapidly happening because there were tons of videos to show who was doing what. It's much easier to monitor a single building during one day than a whole city over multiple days.
Also don't fool yourself into thinking that the insurrection was by harmless people either. You don't need to "fire shots" to hurt or kill someone.
You're implying they weren't hurting anyone? It sure looks like he's in pain to me
1647099522253.png
Not to mention the hundreds of other officers and civilians who were injured. This was not a peaceful protest in the least bit, don't kid yourself. They should be prosecuted. That said, so should the people who took over a city. Neither of these groups are free from fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread