5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster...Borla...Magnaflow???

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the cat back Magnaflow and it was way to loud for me and I would like to try something else. I was thinking Borla touring but some say even that might be too loud. Next option is just do a muffler with the stock resonators but you have to cut the stock muffler out. If don't like it I'm screwed at that point and piecing it back together etc..
Simple fix to that will be a 3” stainless band clamp to put stock muffler back in it’s place. Right up to where you cut it out.

Ram1984

Reaction score
I installed muffler today. After installing and tightening everything up, I noticed where the clamp fastens I have an exhaust leak at that joint. It doesn’t seem to matter what position I put clamp ,,,I can feel air leaking through

Dredram

Reaction score
I just installed my B2 MF today all went well but i hope in a few hundred miles it gets louder. The sound has a nice tone but not much over stock maybe I should have gone B2 muff delete.

Attachments

• 20190324_124957.jpg
    20190324_124957.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 106

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I installed muffler today. After installing and tightening everything up, I noticed where the clamp fastens I have an exhaust leak at that joint. It doesn’t seem to matter what position I put clamp ,,,I can feel air leaking through

You can always take it up to a local muffler shop and have the joint welded. Are you sure you pushed the muffler tail piece far enough into the factory tailpipe so that the notched sections on the B2 kit show pipe below and then place the clamp over the very end of that attachment point?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just installed my B2 MF today all went well but i hope in a few hundred miles it gets louder. The sound has a nice tone but not much over stock maybe I should have gone B2 muff delete.

Man...not sure what you're talking about here...the B2 MF is 10X louder than stock and no where near the same. It will get deeper and throatier but in about 2000 miles not 200.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The difference in size alone between this muffler and stock is huge, I can’t imagine that the difference in sound and note isn’t significant as well but I will find out soon I guess!

Brain h

Reaction score
Brain, I'm surprised at that. The one that you ordered seems fairly loud, listening with headphones. The Borla that I was thinking of was the tourning.
Just a follow up, the magnaflow arrived today and it would have been a very easy install if I had a lift ..but i am very pleased with the sound, i can barely hear it at cruising speed and low speed but it opens up completely at throttle...sounds great, perfect choice for people that want a little rumble but not to wake the dead

Craigg69

Reaction score
Just had my Flowmaster 44 installed today with Res left on.. These new Ram dont sound the same as the 4th gen. First its not that much louder for me and I can hear the air sound coming out of the Res. Little disappointed but I have 30 days if I want to go with a different muffler like a super 10 or a louder maganflow? Or should I delete the Res?:cautious:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was told NOT to delete the RES or you will get severe drone that you will not like and could give you a major headache while driving.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just had my Flowmaster 44 installed today with Res left on.. These new Ram dont sound the same as the 4th gen. First its not that much louder for me and I can hear the air sound coming out of the Res. Little disappointed but I have 30 days if I want to go with a different muffler like a super 10 or a louder maganflow? Or should I delete the Res?:cautious:

Look at the Magnaflow 11229...it is the same MF muffler used in the B2 kit:

Craigg69

Reaction score
I was told NOT to delete the RES or you will get severe drone that you will not like and could give you a major headache while driving.
Why do these new Ram sound so much different than the 2012 I had? I had the same muffler on my 2012 and the deleted the Res to make it louder and loved the sound. Not liking this sound much on this Ram.

Question what is the next louder magnaflow muffler than the 14"? Might have him try the super 10 FM.. I have 30 days to try whatever i want.

Rambro23

Reaction score
I have the 19430 MF cat-back which deleted the resonators and enjoy the sound with very little to no drone... anybody else with this kit agree?

Brain h

Reaction score
I have the 19430 MF cat-back which deleted the resonators and enjoy the sound with very little to no drone... anybody else with this kit agree?
Just installed mine today...the 19429..completely satisfied...just concerned on the temp of the tips though..they're hot!!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

You are missing a key part of the conversation. The KIT you bought was specifically designed by MF so that it does not have drone and eliminated the resonators. What we are talking about is just a muffler replacement and not all mufflers are designed the same to produce the same outcome. Kapish?

Craigg69

Reaction score
Craigg, where did you get your muffler to be able to try it out for 30 days? I would be interested in that deal!
There is a muffler shop near me called Lou's customs exhaust, they stock Flowmaster,Magnaflow,borla and a few mufflers for race rocket honda.lol They have installed my exhaust on my 2012 Ram and my 2016 challeneger scat pack. He always gives me 30 days to like it of he will change it to something else. Or I pay him $75 to delete the Res.. Might try a couple more muffler first before deleting the Res.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Deleted rear resonators with muffler replacement shouldnt be horrible drone, it will be some. Again all depends on muffler that’s used. Remove the very front resonator before muffler and it’s drone forsure. Again depends on muffler design installed

Users who are viewing this thread