5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster...Borla...Magnaflow???

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why do these new Ram sound so much different than the 2012 I had? I had the same muffler on my 2012 and the deleted the Res to make it louder and loved the sound. Not liking this sound much on this Ram.

Question what is the next louder magnaflow muffler than the 14"? Might have him try the super 10 FM.. I have 30 days to try whatever i want.
The reason is the 12 didn’t have a large resonator before muffler and it was a 1 to 2 out muffler design. Ours is single 3 in 3 out then it Ys off.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just installed the Borla Atak catback exhaust and it sounds amazing. I had flowmaster on my 16 Ram, but it rusted like no other so I have steered away from them. I live in Arkansas and there was no reason for it to rust like it did just after 6 months of being installed. The Atak is loud, but it’s what I wanted on my Rebel.

thats what i put on my rebel! (y)

Reaction score
You’ll need far better pricing to compete on the exhausts. I can buy the MF for $690 from your competitors not $850.
I would love to know who that might be as magnaflow has as set price you can advertise for which you see most websites use. The guy selling that low is breaking his agreement with magnaflow and should be banned form selling their product

Webbd30

Reaction score
Borla ATAK original owner. Was not a fan of the super aggressive sound due to it being a daily driver.

Bumped down to the borla S type and love it. Much better low growl then the ATaK and is a great highway experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vic

Reaction score
Look at the Magnaflow 11229...it is the same MF muffler used in the B2 kit:

I'm looking at having this muffler installed and weep holes welded, but I'm a little worried it may be too loud. I only want a shade more hemi sound, not something to make the wife start complaining. :rolleyes:

Should I be looking more at an 18" MF, instead of this 14"?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can tell you this...my neighbors love the sound it makes and is not too loud from outside the truck unless you floor the accelerator and then you hear that nice low-end growl. Inside, you hear it when you hit the gas but normal driving is very nice as others have stated above. I suggest you call MF and ask them if there is a quieter alternative to the 11229 if you are on the fence. I am sure they can direct you to the best option to meet your needs. I find the 11229 to be a great option and it meets my needs but everyone's ears and perception of sounds are different. Let us know what you decide!

Reactions: Vic

mike12193

Reaction score
Quick question for those that have Installed the Magnaflow cat-back kit. What issues did you encounter is you did the install yourself and didn’t have access to a lift? My kit should be here next week and I am looking to do the install myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ramps for the rear tires will help dramatically and it's best with two people. I also had my air suspension up to its highest off-road setting. Have a hanger removal tool too.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the full Magnaflow Catback on sale with coupon codes for under $690? I want to get it but was waiting to see if I could find a better deal.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ll keep looking for you, but haven’t seen anything lower then what you’ve quoted.

Rambro23

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the full Magnaflow Catback on sale with coupon codes for under $690? I want to get it but was waiting to see if I could find a better deal.
Cheapest you'll find it from what I've seen.

myram2019

Reaction score
So my B2 MF came in today and I installed it today. The install went pretty easy. One thing is that it leaked a lot from the clamp. So i used muffler weld paste on the clamp end and tightened. There is no leak now.
I love the deep sound this muffler makes. I did think it was gonna be louder but i am happy with this setup.
I did see afterward that i will have to adjust one tip a little bit to center and recess it.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s how it was when my Borla muffler paired with Carven tips was. The driver’s side is in further then my passenger side. Don’t know if it’s because of my bedstep, or a lazy tech installing it..

Dredram

Reaction score
I did the B2 in the driveway no lift needed. I used a sawzall with a short blade made the cut it took about 45 min. I use water pump pliers and long screw driver for the front hanger. The rear hanger is a double and unbolts so to comes off with the muffler. Torque the band clamp to 40 lbs after every thing is lined up. At first I felt the sound was to mild but for my daily its just right with zero drone.

Vic

Reaction score
Are y'all filling in the weep holes, or leaving them alone?

Users who are viewing this thread