5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

ram813ltd

Reaction score
Since @bigdodge deleted his thread, I thought I would start another. This camera looks pretty sweet. Very clean install compared to the cameras that mount to your windshield or dash.

i'm cheap $100 dash cam from reputable amazon seller and plugs into cigar lighter with usb adapter at outlet dash tray with short cable and sticks to bottom of windscreen with supplied static plastic instead of directly to glass. video is perfect as most are no matter what the price. to each their own but i'm not going thru the trouble of taking things apart on the truck.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i'm cheap $100 dash cam from reputable amazon seller and plugs into cigar lighter with usb adapter at outlet dash tray with short cable and sticks to bottom of windscreen with supplied static plastic instead of directly to glass. video is perfect as most are no matter what the price. to each their own but i'm not going thru the trouble of taking things apart on the truck.
Some of us like things to looks more aesthetic

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
....and :unsure:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So for those wondering about FM reception. My rear camera cable is routed along passenger side headliner. I finally switched radio to Gzm to test out and have zero loss of reception with camera running. Even the station that I further away and would have been affected the lost still came in like it did before

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Serious question, what's your point? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the people who bought these particular fitcamx cameras happen to like a cleaner look. The best part about living in a free society is the fact you can do whatever you happen to like to your own personal things. If your particular set up works for you then by all means have at it and good luck

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Serious question, what's your point? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the people who bought these particular fitcamx cameras happen to like a cleaner look. The best part about living in a free society is the fact you can do whatever you happen to like to your own personal things. If your particular set up works for you then by all means have at it and good luck

Yeah, he made a point to quote my first post like I was forcing the FitCamX on him. Don't like it? Fine. I couldn't care less about him being a cheap, lazy slob.🤣 Keep it to yourself or start another thread about your $100 dash cam.

BowDown

Reaction score
Got the FitCam X installed, wasn't bad but beware, if you ordered the Kia/Volvo hardwire cable and they confirmed the vehicle, they changed the cable to the Ram cable that doesn't work. I didn't find out until I had my A-pillar out and the wire ran to the fuse box so double check them.

20230731_191950.jpg

20230731_192010.jpg

Camera fit is great and looks factory, you can barely see it from the outside and if you weren't looking, you wouldn't know it was there.

Screenshot_20230731_190245_FITCAMX.jpg

Now, the bad news. The camera works with the 512Gb SSD however the camera cannot see past 256Gb. I'm going to format the card on my computer later and see if that makes a difference.

Test Video. Sound did record but I'm turning that off, no need for that extra data

Not sure I'm satisfied with the video quality

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i started my yesterday.finished it up today.your vid look good to me (y) :)(as well as your nieghborhood😍)

BowDown

Reaction score
i started my yesterday.finished it up today.your vid look good to me (y) :)(as well as your nieghborhood😍)

Sun may be some of that, I'm going to play with the exposure setting.
I dont have the hardwire cable installed, I emailed them and asked them to send me the cable I ordered, not the one they think I need.🤬

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got the FitCam X installed, wasn't bad but beware, if you ordered the Kia/Volvo hardwire cable and they confirmed the vehicle, they changed the cable to the Ram cable that doesn't work. I didn't find out until I had my A-pillar out and the wire ran to the fuse box so double check them.

View attachment 164250

View attachment 164251

Camera fit is great and looks factory, you can barely see it from the outside and if you weren't looking, you wouldn't know it was there.

View attachment 164252

Now, the bad news. The camera works with the 512Gb SSD however the camera cannot see past 256Gb. I'm going to format the card on my computer later and see if that makes a difference.

Test Video. Sound did record but I'm turning that off, no need for that extra data

Not sure I'm satisfied with the video quality
Audio is good to have for accidents.

Users who are viewing this thread