5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a way to download the Fitcam x app to a Windows laptop?
At that point, just take the memory card out and use the memory card reader included with the camera to view files on laptop

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tracking shows expected delivery today by 10pm. 9 days from order to delivery. Altogether, not too bad for free shipping from China.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got mine installed yesterday evening. Total breeze, and I love how sleek and clean the finished product looks. It took longer to remove my old dash camera and the hard wiring kit I was using than it took to install the new FitCam. Pairing the camera with the app literally took seconds and it is way more user friendly than my previous dash camera app. The video playback within the app seemed a little spotty, and while trying to download a video to my phone, it only managed to reach 57% complete before failing. To be fair, I only messed around with the app for a few minutes before calling it a night. Hoping to dive into it some more this afternoon.

Last edited:

Scion

Reaction score
Got mine installed yesterday evening. Total breeze, and I love how sleek and clean the finished product looks. It took longer to remove my old dash camera and the hard wiring kit I was using than it took to install the new FitCam. Pairing the camera with the app literally took seconds and it is way more user friendly than my previous dash camera app. The video playback within the app seemed a little spotty, and while trying to download a video to my phone, it only managed to reach 57% complete before failing. To be fair, I only messed around with the app for a few minutes before calling it a night. Hoping to dive into it some more this afternoon.

I haven't had any download failures, but it's a REALLY slow process. Unless you're somewhere that you need a video immediately and don't have access to a computer, it's much easier and faster to pull the memory card.

I also noticed early on that it seems using live view on your phone interferes with recording. When I was testing and viewing the live view on my phone, the video didn't record, and, even after I stopped viewing, closed the app, and drove off, it didn't record any video files for at least a few more minutes. I haven't circled back to test this more thoroughly yet since it's not really a common use case for me. I don't remember for sure if this was using the FitCamX app or their newer FitDVR app. I also want to test out the functionality with Viidure, which FitCam recommended as an alternative.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't had any download failures, but it's a REALLY slow process. Unless you're somewhere that you need a video immediately and don't have access to a computer, it's much easier and faster to pull the memory card.

I also noticed early on that it seems using live view on your phone interferes with recording. When I was testing and viewing the live view on my phone, the video didn't record, and, even after I stopped viewing, closed the app, and drove off, it didn't record any video files for at least a few more minutes. I haven't circled back to test this more thoroughly yet since it's not really a common use case for me. I don't remember for sure if this was using the FitCamX app or their newer FitDVR app. I also want to test out the functionality with Viidure, which FitCam recommended as an alternative.
I switched to 1 minutes files because 3 minutes took forever to download load. The 1 minute files aren't too bad.

Peeping Turtle

Reaction score
Super interested in getting one of these, having watched a couple of youtube videos posted here on a largish monitor, i couldnt make out plate numbers of any cars, was that youtubes compression, or the the camera itself?

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score

I have mine set to 3 minute loops and it takes about 2 minutes to download onto my smartphone. I don't think that too bad. I never had any fail to download

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Super interested in getting one of these, having watched a couple of youtube videos posted here on a largish monitor, i couldnt make out plate numbers of any cars, was that youtubes compression, or the the camera itself?
Checked my videos. YouTube had them compressed to 480p. I updated it to 2160, but not sure how soon the video will.actuskkt be updated.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got both front and rear cams installed this morning. I was eager to try it out so I still have to tuck the excess wire out of sight which I'll do this afternoon.

For those with wireless Carplay, you can't be connected to both Carplay and the Fitcamx app at the same time. I had to disconnect carplay, connect to the camera wifi, then pair the camera with the app and set all the settings. Once configured, you can go back to using carplay since the camera doesn't require the app to function properly.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's why i installed mine at 5:30 this morning. Got to beat the heat. It's already 93 on the way to 104 high

U

User_63152

I couldn't help it, I installed it anyway. Even though it's around 90 🥵. Easy install for the most part. I accidentally took my whole mirror off on the lower disassembly. Oops!. Scared me for a second. But, after watching a video, I got it back on no problem. Got all the pieces parts assembled, downloaded the app, then programmed everything. I took it for a spin to get some footage. I realized that I didn't have it in 4K mode. The 2K mode is not bad, but I need MORE MORE MORE! LOL. Took the 64GB card out. Did all the settings again to my liking, Then formatted and installed a 512GB SD card I had. Seems to work perfectly. I will get some 4K video later on when I go out again. It's too flipping hot out right now.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why are you guys torturing yourselves? Pull into the garage, close the door and turn on the AC. 🥶

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why are you guys torturing yourselves? Pull into the garage, close the door and turn on the AC. 🥶
Acting like I can fit my truck in my garage. That's funny. Thanks for the laugh.

There's a reason why outdoor activities often happen at first light in AZ. It was only 78 or so at 5:30 when I installed mine. Here, the 90's are nightime temps in the heat of summer.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Acting like I can fit my truck in my garage. That's funny. Thanks for the laugh.

There's a reason why outdoor activities often happen at first light in AZ. It was only 78 or so at 5:30 when I installed mine. Here, the 90's are nightime temps in the heat of summer.
I lived there for 20+ years. I hated May through October. 🤣 I remember driving past the big Shamrock sign on I-17 at midnight and it was still over 100°. 🥵

Users who are viewing this thread