5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

Jrljr829

Reaction score
Anyone try changing the time stamp format? Mine will not change.

U

User_63152

I did not see an option to change the format.
It shows when offline in app settings. I have tried changing the date and time, but it won't change. You know, we Americans like it a certain way that we’re used to. 🤣 Oh well, I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_5962.png
    IMG_5962.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5963.png
    IMG_5963.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 21

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It shows when offline in app settings. I have tried changing the date and time, but it won't change. You know, we Americans like it a certain way that we’re used to. 🤣 Oh well, I guess.
Guess I've never tried opening the app and making changes when not connected to camera. Not sure how that would even change anything on the camera.

U

User_63152

I'm not sure what speaker volume does, either. I figured it was volume in while recording. I tested it out on all three levels. They all sound the same. Maybe I am missing something.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what speaker volume does, either. I figured it was volume in while recording. I tested it out on all three levels. They all sound the same. Maybe I am missing something.
I would say any options available when not connected to the camera don't effect the camera in any way

U

User_63152

I would say any options available when not connected to the camera don't effect the camera in any way
Maybe. It's just weird that they would have it there. The speaker volume is only when the cam is on. Who knows.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
If I remember correctly I set the time stamp when I initially set up the camera. Mine time is correct

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember correctly I set the time stamp when I initially set up the camera. Mine time is correct
Time is correct, but you can't change the format of how it's displayed.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What do you mean how it's displayed? Isn't it on the lower left corner of the video clips?
The order the date is displayed. YY/MM/DD, MM/DD/YY,..............

U

User_63152

I'd like it to be displayed like this...

IMG_5963.png

But, it is what it is, I guess.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
My app setting is mm/dd/yyyy time but my clips are this. As long as everything is accurate i dont really care because im not really looking at it all the time. In the event of an emergency it can still be figured out easily enough Screenshot_20230626_001644_FITCAMX.jpg

Jrljr829

Reaction score
I emailed Fitcamx and this is their response for the time stamp question.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230626_105105_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20230626_105105_Email.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20230626_105124_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230626_105124_Gallery.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 75

Jrljr829

Reaction score
I asked if this could be fixed in a firmware update in the future as well. We will see I guess.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I sent some of my fitcam videos to a buddy of mine who recently bought a new Tacoma. He liked them and then told me he's got this cam on order. A rear cam using his existing cam and a front trail cam that displays on his stock display.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I dropped some nighttime footage on my Instagram the other day. Took 5 minutes from locating footage, downloading to my phone, and uploading to the gram which is pretty damn impressive I think.

You lose some quality when uploading to YouTube/instagram but on my phone, I can zoom in on everyone’s license plates which is all the clarity I need.

Anyways here’s the link to the video. Hope this works.

Users who are viewing this thread