5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Just checked mine yesterday. I did not change the resolution from what it was OOTB, and it was set to 4k from the factory.
Which setting is that? I've been trying different settings to see what each one looks like. I forgot what it was set at out of the box.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Which setting is that? I've been trying different settings to see what each one looks like. I forgot what it was set at out of the box.
I'd have to look again. The highest one

Av1

Reaction score
I can confirm that the 512gb SD card works just fine. For anyone that is interested, this is the card I got from Amazon:

SanDisk 512GB Extreme Pro Durable, Captures 4K UHD Video, 200MB/s Read and 140MB/s Write microSD UHS-I Card for Recording Outdoor Adventures and Weekend Trips https://a.co/d/gX6Sxgq View attachment 160951

I've been wanting to upgrade to a larger SD card for a while, so I ordered one of these yesterday.

U

User_63152

Mine made it to Melrose Park, IL on the 15th and just cleared customs, today. It is on a plane as of 1:38 pm. Hooray!!! That actually is pretty fast shipping, considering.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but it hit me while I was in Home Depot today. I know the digital rear view mirror can use a secondary camera (tow mirror) to display on the mirror. I'm wondering if there's a way to splice into the video feed from the CHMSL that's normally displayed on the DRVM and route it to the fitcam, using that video as the rear camera. I have no idea if the signals would be compatible. Fitcam probably wouldn't even be able to interpret the signal. assuming the stars align, it would require a custom harness to be able to make this work and we'd need the expert assistance of @Jimmy07 but I'd pay good money if this could work. This would make the fitcam the ultimate solution - the front camera look like it came from the factory and the rear camera actually did. Is this a pie in the sky idea? Any clues?

Edit: @securityguy - do you know what kind of video signal is sent by the CHMSL camera to the DRVM?

Last edited:
U

User_63152

I guess mine is still in Melrose Park, IL. It's listed under "pre-shipment". USPS awaiting item, label created. 🤷‍♂️

Code2medic

Reaction score
So anyone gonna post video from the rear camera that purchased the combo?

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Is there a way to download the Fitcam x app to a Windows laptop?
I have no idea but instead of bringing your phone to the truck to download the clips you'd have to bring out your laptop. You can however just remove to SD card from the camera and load it onto a computer

Users who are viewing this thread