5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, but any idea how this works/interferes with a comm.ai mount setup?

(yes, I realize the comma.ai records, but it doesn't have a rear camera AFAIK?)

Last edited:

SKILL

Reaction score
I have the stock “model A” type mirror case. Messaged Fitcamx a week ago and they said the model A would be ready in about 2 months. They took my email address and said they’d notify me when Model A is ready. Also interested in group order. Will post here if I get notified about model A availability.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
got it installed - a breeze!
original mirror cover came off really easily, new one went in just as easily
connected to wifi, went over settings, took a drive, reviewed video and pics, and so far all looks really good!

Now wished they were making one of these for a Jeep Wrangler!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My limited is in production now. Can anyone confirm it takes a "B" so I can order to have when truck comes in?

6of36

Reaction score
For people's reference in the future, does anyone know what determines "A" or "B"? Is it early or late model, or option level, or any other specific thing?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the difference, but wondered why there were different ones. I/E early/late build, model, options.
It's about whether you have all the sensors on your windshield (that this housing covers). So it has nothing to do with early/late build, but what options you have on your truck.

6of36

Reaction score
It's about whether you have all the sensors on your windshield (that this housing covers). So it has nothing to do with early/late build, but what options you have on your truck.
Thank you. That was the kind of answer I was looking for. I just ordered the "B" for my Limited that is being built now, with all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately TripleB hasn't added me to the tracker, so I can't see exactly where it's at. Somewhere between BS and WS.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I saw the difference, but wondered why there were different ones. I/E early/late build, model, options.
It's about particular options the truck has

70runner

Reaction score
Ordered "B" 24Jan from Fitcamx, arrived today. 4PX (shipper) reported "Picked Up Shipment" on 1Feb. No idea why it took a week to ship. Fitcamx didn't respond to emails requesting status. A week from pickup to arrival seems very reasonable.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shipping from China you gotta learn patience. On the bright side had it been made right here in the USA it sure wouldn’t be priced like it is. Now they need to hurry up on the model A version before I have to cave and grab a cheapo to use until then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The balloon has landed. Just got my camera installed. Hardest part was trying to get that little back cover over the mirror off. Otherwise, kinda surprised how easy it was. Android Auto gets annoying constantly trying to reconnect , but...

However, going to have to pull it back off and move the wire. I can see it below what I presume is the auto wiper sensor.

EDIT: Went back and fixed the wire. I guess it's the forward collision sensor.

20230210_194854.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread