5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don't wire it to the fuse box, unless you're trying to have constant power. As long as you only need it to run when the ignition is on, all the wiring comes from the harness (included) that taps into the mirror. Even with the rear cam, it taps into there.
What about when you are in park? A lot of accidents happen while in a parking lot or parked. But that’s really good to know thanks for the info!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What about when you are in park? A lot of accidents happen while in a parking lot or parked. But that’s really good to know thanks for the info!
I use the dash cam as a cya in a he said/she said incident. Not going to take the blame for someone else's reckless driving. Not too worried about parking lots. Most are all on private property, so police can't do anything. Unless you get the person's insurance info, not much you can do mother than watch a video of your vehicle getting hit

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use the dash cam as a cya in a he said/she said incident. Not going to take the blame for someone else's reckless driving. Not too worried about parking lots. Most are all on private property, so police can't do anything. Unless you get the person's insurance info, not much you can do mother than watch a video of your vehicle getting hit
Did you get the rear cam as well? If so, which so where exactly did you mount it? And makes sense… that’d just **** me off lol

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For that, you'd have to purchase the separate harness that runs down to the fuse box.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I believe they have a harness for hatlrd wiring their cams. I believe their website says to contact them for the correct harness..

Edit... yes their website does say to contact them regarding park mod harness Screenshot_20230220_162833_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe they have a harness for hatlrd wiring their cams. I believe their website says to contact them for the correct harness..

Edit... yes their website does say to contact them regarding park mod harness View attachment 152447
Ahh gotcha must have glimpsed over that part when I was looking I was mostly looking at the diagram they have. Thanks for letting me know.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One would think they would have it available somewhere on their website so that you wouldn’t have to contact them after the fact to purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
One would think they would have it available somewhere on their website so that you wouldn’t have to contact them after the fact to purchase

One would think but I haven't found it on the site yet. It may be a made to order thing

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would rather add it to cart and checkout with it in my order along with the camera not have to contact them after the fact and use another transaction to order it. Unless its free then I wouldn’t care lol.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would rather add it to cart and checkout with it in my order along with the camera not have to contact them after the fact and use another transaction to order it. Unless its free then I wouldn’t care lol.

Just add it to cart. Here’s the link.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welp I take that back lol thanks

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Same here. I was thinking about getting it, so I'd have it if I ever got the ambition to install...

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got time lol Model A still isn’t out AFAIK

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I got time lol Model A still isn’t out AFAIK

I'm gonna try to get ahold of them again sometime this week. I'm waiting for the A myself

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m trying to stay patient but I’m tempting to just go Blackvue like I originally planned. Don’t need another hotel parking lot incident while I on the road working.

smashweights

Reaction score
I have finally take. The time to get mine installed. Here are a couple pics. The box, what’s in it, and once installed my carhartt sunvisor. It fits but doesn’t sit below like before. Check out the pics. That middle piece was a pain to get ahold of. But other than that. Install was a breeze. Haven’t checked the app out yet but the fitment looks good.

I also someone said Amazon or Website.
I got mine through Amazon and just got the front camera. Kind of wish I would have done the front and back pm but didn’t wanna deal with running the cable to the front. If Amazon has in stock I got mine with prime and it was 2 days. I have seen where Amazon was a little more and wasn’t in stock right now. So the website may be the only option, but are definitely cheaper if you have the patience. View attachment 150770
View attachment 150772 View attachment 150771
View attachment 150773
Is that a Covercraft windscreen? I have the UVS 100 and considering this cam

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I use the UVS100 with the Fitcamx. To make it fit flush to the windshield, all you have to do is snap the corners of the internal stiffeners at the center fold. It makes it just flexible enough to bypass the camera.

Edited to include picture.
windshield cover with fitcamx 2.jpg

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I’m trying to stay patient but I’m tempting to just go Blackvue like I originally planned. Don’t need another hotel parking lot incident while I on the road working.

I don't really know what the delay is. I posted my conversation with the company awhile ago. I can only assume problem may be a fitment issue with the model A housing being much smaller than the B version. In my conversation with them they shared a couple pictures of the mold for the A camera so it does seem to be in the works. I'm gonna hold out and wait because this is literally exactly what I've been looking for in a dash cam. Something that looks factory without wires dangling anywhere

Sako458Lott

Reaction score
I got my camera last week and installed (front and rear). Total of about 45 min install time - longest part was routing the cable to the rear. For those wondering - I ran the cable across the front of the winshield (passenger side, tucking it into the head liner. Then removed the A pillar trim and ran down the side of the dash, under the door floor trim to the rear door frame trim and acroos the top of the rear glass. I placed my rear camera just to the passenger side of the slider.
Note that the rear camera does interfere with the FM radio reception (FM antenna I believe is in the shark fin). Putting a ferrite ring core on the cable helps but doesn't alleviate the issue. I am going to eventually relocate the run to the driver side because I believe the FM antenna runs along the passenger side,

Users who are viewing this thread