5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Can't you push the top of your sun visor up past the camera, so it sits flat against the windshield?
Not without bending it. It’s made to fit this model truck. So it fits but about 3-4 inches keep it from pushing past and it’s all the way against the bottom of the window

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I hope they get the model A camera out soon. This is exactly what I've been looking for

mainjet

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this works if you don’t have a camera rear view mirror? I have the standard mirror.

I also believe this will fit the ‘23 Limited, seems like that part is the same across the platform but correct me if I’m wrong

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this works if you don’t have a camera rear view mirror? I have the standard mirror.

I also believe this will fit the ‘23 Limited, seems like that part is the same across the platform but correct me if I’m wrong
What does the mirror look like? Post a picture

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is my mirror.

Attachments

• RearView.jpg
    RearView.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 111

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
So mine was ordered off amazon and shipped direct from FitcamX. Approx time is 13 days from shipping. It will be delivered to me tomorrow or Tuesday.

Jupiterak

Reaction score
So I messaged fitcamX again to ask them when the Model A camera was going to be ready because I am eager to get one. I also mentioned to them that I'm a member of a few RAM forums and that I may be able to get a few members in on a group purchase at possibly a discounted price. I haven't received any reply regarding that but they said that the Model A should be available within the next few months. I'll post any updates that I get here
I'd be interested as well for a group purchase.

mainjet

Reaction score
0DDB3E3F-E21D-4E44-9E93-B952DC037995.jpeg
I believe I need the B model from what I’ve seen. However I have the standard non camera rear view mirror. Just wondering if the power connection is still there in my case. I can pop the cover off and look but I was hoping someone might just know

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 150852
I believe I need the B model from what I’ve seen. However I have the standard non camera rear view mirror. Just wondering if the power connection is still there in my case. I can pop the cover off and look but I was hoping someone might just know
The mirror still has power, which is what you are taping into.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
View attachment 150852
You need b and yes still have power. I don’t have the camera in mine. There is still power for the other functions like the rain detection and other stuff. I think even the regular mirror has auto dimming.

mainjet

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I ordered it this morning figuring I was ok but wanted to double check.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I'd be interested as well for a group purchase.
Unfortunately I never got a response from them about that. I will try to reach out to them in a week or two because I want one too lol

mainjet

Reaction score
Ordered AM on Feb 5th. They sent a message asking for year and model as well as a picture of my mirror housing. shipped it the same day. They say about 10 days shipping.

if this works out as well as it looks, this if going to be the perfect solution. I only ordered the front. I didn’t feel the need for the back cam.

Users who are viewing this thread