5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'm kinda wishing I had ordered from Amazon. I placed the order on 1/20. It's now 1/26, and the shipment tracking still just says that the order information has been received (on 1/24). It's coming from China, so it may be a little while before I get it.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
Well I'm kinda wishing I had ordered from Amazon. I placed the order on 1/20. It's now 1/26, and the shipment tracking still just says that the order information has been received (on 1/24). It's coming from China, so it may be a little while before I get it.
If it makes you feel better, amazon is no quicker. Ordered mine from there and its expected to me between now and end of feb. lol

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
When I ordered I only got the front one. I ordered for 194 with tax and all on Jan 11 and got on Jan 13. But it looks like they are sold out now. That extra 15 bucks was worth getting so quick

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m actually surprised that a member is allowed to delete an entire thread, even though it’s a thread they started. Deleting a post is one thing, but once you start a thread, and you have the ability to scrub OTHER members contributing content, that’s what moderators are for. He’s done this repeatedly.

It can be undeleted and locked or merged, but *I* can't fix the order of posts without combing (merging) them all into one reply. A supermod could fix it, but Jared hasn't setup those privileges.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thread is undeleted and locked so please get your info out of it and repost here.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got the email asking for a photo and to confirm make/model.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, if by chance anyone has a 2018+ Honda Odyssey, they are looking for testers. I sent it to my SIL. They may be looking for testers for other vehicles as well.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Also, if by chance anyone has a 2018+ Honda Odyssey, they are looking for testers. I sent it to my SIL. They may be looking for testers for other vehicles as well.

Every time I hear Honda Odyssey, this is what comes to mind. Hard to believe Honda repurposed the name of a dune buggy into a mini van. 🤣
Screenshot_20230129_095545_Chrome.jpg

Idahoktm

Reaction score

It looks like you will have your cameras early next week. Nobody else has done a review of the rear camera yet, so I'm looking forward to what you think of it before I pull the trigger.

Av1

Reaction score
My Fitcam arrived today. The installation was very easy and quick. Maybe 5 minutes or so is all it takes to install.

I only played with it for a moment after install, but the image quality seems pretty good. I'll have to give it a drive this weekend and see how it does.

fitcam1.jpeg fitcam2.jpeg fitcam3.jpeg fitcam4.jpeg

Idahoktm

Reaction score
My Fitcam arrived today. The installation was very easy and quick. Maybe 5 minutes or so is all it takes to install.

I only played with it for a moment after install, but the image quality seems pretty good. I'll have to give it a drive this weekend and see how it does.

View attachment 150672 View attachment 150673 View attachment 150674 View attachment 150676

How far is the camera from the windshield? Wondering if I'll have to modify the cutout on my Heat Shield sun shade.

Av1

Reaction score
How far is the camera from the windshield? Wondering if I'll have to modify the cutout on my Heat Shield sun shade

Here are a couple photos. One measuring straight forward to the windshield and one with the ruler sitting flush against the windshield angled down to the camera. Hope that gives an idea.

There seems to be quite a bit of room.

fitcam5.jpeg fitcam6.jpeg

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I need to go ahead and get one ordered already so whats the consensus amazon or through their website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
So I messaged fitcamX again to ask them when the Model A camera was going to be ready because I am eager to get one. I also mentioned to them that I'm a member of a few RAM forums and that I may be able to get a few members in on a group purchase at possibly a discounted price. I haven't received any reply regarding that but they said that the Model A should be available within the next few months. I'll post any updates that I get here

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
I have finally take. The time to get mine installed. Here are a couple pics. The box, what’s in it, and once installed my carhartt sunvisor. It fits but doesn’t sit below like before. Check out the pics. That middle piece was a pain to get ahold of. But other than that. Install was a breeze. Haven’t checked the app out yet but the fitment looks good.

I also someone said Amazon or Website.
I got mine through Amazon and just got the front camera. Kind of wish I would have done the front and back pm but didn’t wanna deal with running the cable to the front. If Amazon has in stock I got mine with prime and it was 2 days. I have seen where Amazon was a little more and wasn’t in stock right now. So the website may be the only option, but are definitely cheaper if you have the patience. ACAFA940-C7C1-40D5-A4F1-D09AE7867AD0.jpeg
C2E32320-D0DD-4AF3-B443-7ACEBA6404B5.jpeg 806D3950-24AD-4815-AFAC-EF00CD276D6C.jpeg
DFC5619D-4825-4098-8BEB-5467AACF3F06.jpeg

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I have finally take. The time to get mine installed. Here are a couple pics. The box, what’s in it, and once installed my carhartt sunvisor. It fits but doesn’t sit below like before. Check out the pics. That middle piece was a pain to get ahold of. But other than that. Install was a breeze. Haven’t checked the app out yet but the fitment looks good.

I also someone said Amazon or Website.
I got mine through Amazon and just got the front camera. Kind of wish I would have done the front and back pm but didn’t wanna deal with running the cable to the front. If Amazon has in stock I got mine with prime and it was 2 days. I have seen where Amazon was a little more and wasn’t in stock right now. So the website may be the only option, but are definitely cheaper if you have the patience. View attachment 150770
View attachment 150772 View attachment 150771
View attachment 150773

Can't you push the top of your sun visor up past the camera, so it sits flat against the windshield?

Users who are viewing this thread