5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
When I saw the now deleted thread regarding these cameras I got excited because this is exactly what I've been looking for. Unfortunately when i went to their website it said that the Model A version is not available yet. I decided to contact them to inquire about a time frame for the release of the Model A because I want it. They shared a couple pictures of their Model A prototype but there was no time frame available. They asked for my email so they can notify me when it becomes available. I was reluctant to give them my email address but I did in hopes of getting an update, hopefully soon. Fingers crossed though. Here's the entire correspondence including the prototype pictures Screenshot_20230121_004306_DuckDuckGo.jpg Screenshot_20230121_004343_DuckDuckGo.jpg Screenshot_20230121_004415_DuckDuckGo.jpg Screenshot_20230121_004435_DuckDuckGo.jpg Screenshot_20230121_004453_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Thanks, that’s what i thought but wasn’t positive. Ordered it, should be here around same time truck comes. Don’t tell the wife.
Don't know when you are taking delivery of your truck but I know the camera is coming from china so you'll have time lol

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
Don't know when you are taking delivery of your truck but I know the camera is coming from china so you'll have time lol
Expecting truck late Feb if production holds next week. So perfect timing.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I saw the now deleted thread regarding these cameras I got excited because this is exactly what I've been looking for. Unfortunately when i went to their website it said that the Model A version is not available yet. I decided to contact them to inquire about a time frame for the release of the Model A because I want it. They shared a couple pictures of their Model A prototype but there was no time frame available. They asked for my email so they can notify me when it becomes available. I was reluctant to give them my email address but I did in hopes of getting an update, hopefully soon. Fingers crossed though. Here's the entire correspondence including the prototype pictures View attachment 149450 View attachment 149451 View attachment 149452 View attachment 149453 View attachment 149454
If that's what it's going to look like, I will probably stick with the one I have. It's more in your face compared to the low profile Apeman camera I have now

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
If that's what it's going to look like, I will probably stick with the one I have. It's more in your face compared to the low profile Apeman camera I have now
I dont know what your Apeman camera looks like but if those molded prototype pictures are what the final product looks like the will be very little to no difference than the stock version. The camera may protrude from the front a tiny bit but that's hardly "in your face". This is the full picture I sent fitcamx when they asked me to take a picture of my set up. 20230121_003246.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I dont know what your Apeman camera looks like but if those molded prototype pictures are what the final product looks like the will be very little to no difference than the stock version. The camera may protrude from the front a tiny bit but that's hardly "in your face". This is the full picture I sent fitcamx when they asked me to take a picture of my set up. View attachment 149456
Didn't remember mine hanging that lowz but looked again and it does. PXL_20210208_215856350.jpg

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Didn't remember mine hanging that lowz but looked again and it does. View attachment 149459
The best part is I had literally no idea which on I even had lol. I wasn't sure it I had the one that's currently available or the one that hasn't been released yet. I'm kinda glad they asked me to send them a picture because I never paid attention to the one I actually had lol

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want one!. I too have the "A" type. Not sure if it long or short but I will have to look when I jump in tomorrow.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Decided what the heck, I'm just going to order it... available last night. Backorder this morning.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
ordered mine a few days ago, before they would ship they sent an email asking for a picture of my rear view mirror area. Pretty decent on them to make sure that you are ordering what will fit. now in my case since i don't have the truck yet so i found a random stock picture of the area on the internet and sent them that. Shipped yesterday, due in the next few weeks.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, will check their site. Said it wasn't available last I checked.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
I have a 21 Laramie and ordered the b 4k for the front. Had about a week. been working out of town so will install this weekend. Was skeptical as 180 for a 4k dash cam and an oem type molding and the usb power connector , seems cheap. I have also read when there was an issue the company made it right quick and didn’t have another issue after. Nice to see others found this one too. I got my on Amazon and was like 194 with tax and all shipped. Not as cheap as the 180 but got in a day from them

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which one did you order?
Model B, it's the only one available currently, but also thinking about getting their universal for my car. My only concern with the universal is whether or not you can change the angle of the camera. Would like to have one for the wife's Jeep, but don't want to just record the hood.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
These are the 2 types of mirrors
Depending what the area behind your mirror looks like is which one you will order. Yes The model B is currently the only one on sale
19C607F9-B1E3-4458-A52F-0AAC0D0FC85A.jpeg

70runner

Reaction score
Checked Amazon when I read this thread on Saturday. They projected delivery a couple weeks out with $30 shipping charge, plus tax, came to about $240 total for front (2K)/rear. Fitcamx website was $180 total with 10% discount.

Users who are viewing this thread