5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally I got the 2” Mopar Lift

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
How’s the ride with RL? Truck looks good

I think it’s a little stiffer but still a good ride. It’s a little hard to tell because I only had the truck for less than a week before the ready lift and tires went on and before that I had a Limited with the Air Ride. It’s better than the Air Suspension in OR1 but not as smooth as Normal mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do I have this correct? If I buy mopar products,l and have them install the parts, like the 2’ lift, it shouldn’t have a problem with my lifetime warranty if any issues arise correct?

RamRod41

Reaction score
I think it’s a little stiffer but still a good ride. It’s a little hard to tell because I only had the truck for less than a week before the ready lift and tires went on and before that I had a Limited with the Air Ride. It’s better than the Air Suspension in OR1 but not as smooth as Normal mode.

I’m trying to decide between the Mopar 2” and 3.5 RL. I don’t have the Off road package, so I’ll still have to include a 3/4 spacer with the Mopar lift up front to “level”.

I’m wanting to run a more aggressive offset too, around -24. Thinking the Mopar would be just fine. Still struggling with going 33s or a small 35.

I have the 321 so I’m gonna tune and gonwith a AFE CAI to try and get as much extra power that I can to compensate for the 321 gears.

RamRod41

Reaction score
Do I have this correct? If I buy mopar products,l and have them install the parts, like the 2’ lift, it shouldn’t have a problem with my lifetime warranty if any issues arise correct?

Correct. As long as a dealer installs the lift, it’s covered.

VictoriaFarm

Reaction score

I just bought my Limited. They told me that the lifetime warranty was not available.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought my Limited. They told me that the lifetime warranty was not available.

They quit offering it on October 1st. I got the lifetime warranty on September 30th. Got lucky. I didn’t even know it was available until the same day I bought it.

lambone

Reaction score
This story is messed up! These FCA dealerships can be so incompetent! Glad they made it right eventually.

I have the Mopar/Fox lift and 33” Nitto RidgeGrapplers with XD 826 wheels getting installed next week. Can’t wait!

Last edited:

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct. As long as a dealer installs the lift, it’s covered.

One more question. Will the new mopar parts be covered under the warranty as well? Or is it just the truck?

RamRod41

Reaction score
One more question. Will the new mopar parts be covered under the warranty as well? Or is it just the truck?

When I talked to them about doing the Mopar lift they said it would be covered under current warranty. If someone else installed the Mopar lift then it wouldn’t be covered

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
I’m trying to decide between the Mopar 2” and 3.5 RL. I don’t have the Off road package, so I’ll still have to include a 3/4 spacer with the Mopar lift up front to “level”.

I’m wanting to run a more aggressive offset too, around -24. Thinking the Mopar would be just fine. Still struggling with going 33s or a small 35.

I have the 321 so I’m gonna tune and gonwith a AFE CAI to try and get as much extra power that I can to compensate for the 321 gears.

Read through this thread if you haven’t already.

3.5" readylift questions
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...s/3.5"-readylift-questions.3237/&share_type=t

TStevenson works for Ready Lift and and helped answer some questions. I have the 3.21 as well with 35 inch tires and the drop in power was negligible. It still has plenty of get up and go. I do have a pedal commander installed. I came to the realization a while ago that I don’t have a race truck and I prefer the look over the little bit of power I probably lost. For what it’s worth I previously had a 16 with the 3.92 and I’m sure that if you are doing heavy hauling there a big difference but for regular driving I haven’t really noticed a difference in term of response off the line. I would probably prefer the 3.92 if I were to do it over again but I am perfectly content with the 3.21.

For the tires, I think TStevenson mentioned in that thread that once you get into a negative offset you will probably have to go down in tire or you risk rubbing on the fenders. I ended up getting a wheel with +1 and have no issues.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I talked to them about doing the Mopar lift they said it would be covered under current warranty. If someone else installed the Mopar lift then it wouldn’t be covered

Got ya then. I plan to buy every accessory from mopar and have them install everything. That way it can be covered under my lifetime warranty.

RamRod41

Reaction score
That’s messed up!

These FCA dealerships can be so incompetent!

It does look good but the Fox lift should ride much better then a 3.5” spacer lift.

I have the Mopar/Fox lift and 33” Nitto RidgeGrapplers with XD 826 wheels getting installed next week. Can’t wait!

Agreed. I’m just wondering now if 35s will fit with the Mopar lift and be able to run a negative offset wheel. I like a little lip on my wheels. Don’t mind trimming, just don’t want it to be excessive

VictoriaFarm

Reaction score

Was your vehicle that you raised equipped with the air suspension?

RamRod41

Reaction score
Read through this thread if you haven’t already.

3.5" readylift questions
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=2034315&share_tid=3237&url=https://5thgenrams.com/community/index.php?threads/3.5"-readylift-questions.3237/&share_type=t

TStevenson works for Ready Lift and and helped answer some questions. I have the 3.21 as well with 35 inch tires and the drop in power was negligible. It still has plenty of get up and go. I do have a pedal commander installed. I came to the realization a while ago that I don’t have a race truck and I prefer the look over the little bit of power I probably lost. For what it’s worth I previously had a 16 with the 3.92 and I’m sure that if you are doing heavy hauling there a big difference but for regular driving I haven’t really noticed a difference in term of response off the line. I would probably prefer the 3.92 if I were to do it over again but I am perfectly content with the 3.21.

For the tires, I think TStevenson mentioned in that thread that once you get into a negative offset you will probably have to go down in tire or you risk rubbing on the fenders. I ended up getting a wheel with +1 and have no issues.

Thanks for the info. Yeah Ive ordered AFE CAI and the Pulse Turner to compensate and get me a little extra power or throttle responsiveness.

May just do the Mopar and run 33s with 20s. I’ll have to add the Motofab 1/2 spacer up front to get close to level and still have about 3/4 inch rake

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
FWIW, I had the dealer (Autonation) install my ReadyLift kit. I also have an extended warranty 8/75k. If it comes down to it and I have an issue related to my suspension then I will be sure to take it back to an Autonation and we’ll see what happens. For anything else I am not concerned as mentioned in a lot of threads the Magnuson Moss Act protects you and lays the onus on the Manufacturer to prove that an aftermarket part caused the warranty covered issue. And let’s face it, I didn’t buy the warranty because of the suspension or Powertrain. I bought it because of all of the electronics so FCA would be hard pressed to blame my lift if the Radio goes out.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Was your vehicle that you raised equipped with the air suspension?

No I previously had a 19 Limited with Air Suspension and moved to a 19 Laramie w/o Air Suspension and put on the 3.5 inch Ready Lift.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Yeah Ive ordered AFE CAI and the Pulse Turner to compensate and get me a little extra power or throttle responsiveness.

May just do the Mopar and run 33s with 20s. I’ll have to add the Motofab 1/2 spacer up front to get close to level and still have about 3/4 inch rake

My original plan was to do the Mopar lift but I also wanted to remove the rake. I couldn’t find anything solid in regards to adding spacers after the lift. Some said they did it and others said it was a bad idea. My dealer flat out said they wouldn’t add spacers on the Mopar lift. But they would install the ReadyLift so the choice was made. I assume that the ride would be better with the Mopar lift but my ride isn’t bad so again, I’m content.

RamRod41

Reaction score
My original plan was to do the Mopar lift but I also wanted to remove the rake. I couldn’t find anything solid in regards to adding spacers after the lift. Some said they did it and others said it was a bad idea. My dealer flat out said they wouldn’t add spacers on the Mopar lift. But they would install the ReadyLift so the choice was made. I assume that the ride would be better with the Mopar lift but my ride isn’t bad so again, I’m content.

Yeah thinking every dealer is different.

My dealer said they add a little spacer to all of the Mopar lifts. Just to take out some of the take( not all).

So you kept your factory shocks with the 3.5? Wonder when Bilstein will release theirs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online