5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally I got the 2” Mopar Lift

BossHawg

Reaction score
Ram marketed the 2 inch MOPAR lift as being able to accept 35x12.5 so I doubt there will be an issue if you're using the stock wheels. I'm basing this off the press truck below. (offsets of those wheels should be the same as stock wheels.)
I looked up that truck and the wheels and it has a 2" mopar lift with 18" wheels with a 19mm offset just like my wheels and guess what it has 35" tires case closed thanks for everyone's help

BossHawg

Reaction score
oh yea and i contacted ram and opened a case to get the information from them so i can have irrefutable proof.

BossHawg

Reaction score
he just called me and said he talked a rep at mopar and he said that guy told him not even the factory wheels and tires would work because they would rub. i just don't believe how that could even be possible. i got his reps number i'll see what he says.

BossHawg

Reaction score
they wouldn't talk to me said the number is for dealer technical support only. said i should contact another dealer and have them call and ask.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Just have them put the proper lift on and leave the wheel and tire combo alone. This guy sounds like a dumbass to be completely honest. I distinctly remember at one of the auto shows this thing was shown at the head of Mopar was bragging about the ability to run those 35's no issue.

edit: @BossHawg here is the video, the lift is literally the first thing they talk about in conjunction with the wheel and tire package. Tell your parts guy he failed his homework assignment.

Last edited:

BossHawg

Reaction score
Just have them put the proper lift on and leave the wheel and tire combo alone. This guy sounds like a dumbass to completely be honest. I distinctly remember at one of the auto shows this thing was shown at the head of mopar was bragging about the ability to run those 35's no issue.

edit: @BossHawg here is the video, the lift is literally the first thing they talk about in conjunction with the wheel and tire package. Tell your parts guy he failed his homework assignment.
Maybe not a dumbass but definitely an ***. i called another dealership which i should have gone to in the first place. Their guy said it rubs a little but what they do is put an extra 3/4 spacer in the front and it doesn't rub at all. On the positive i found my new dealership i'll be going to for now on. If you are in central Arkansas go to Steve Landers not Fletcher.

Cajun

Reaction score
I looked up that truck and the wheels and it has a 2" mopar lift with 18" wheels with a 19mm offset just like my wheels and guess what it has 35" tires case closed thanks for everyone's help

I have the 295/60R20's on mine with ORP and just a leveling kit. No rubbing at all.

Attachments

• IMG_1592.JPG
    IMG_1592.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1594.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 210

DSOOBY

Reaction score
I have the 295/60R20's on mine with ORP and just a leveling kit. No rubbing at all.

@Cajun can you confirm it doesn't rub the UCA for our guy here? You gotta check full lock both ways. If not, then @BossHawg should be good to pass on those spacers. They are generally not a good idea since you're effectively reducing the amount of threading you have on your lugs (read sheared lugs and wheels flying off the truck) this is compounded if they aren't hubcentric which I don't believe they make for a 3/4 inch spacer.

BossHawg

Reaction score
@Cajun can you confirm it doesn't rub the UCA for our guy here? You gotta check full lock both ways. If not, then @BossHawg should be good to pass on those spacers. They are generally not a good idea since you're effectively reducing the amount of threading you have on your lugs (read sheared lugs and wheels flying off the truck) this is compounded if they aren't hubcentric which I don't believe they make for a 3/4 inch spacer.
well that's some real doom and gloom stuff there. i might just pass on the spacers and let it rub a little. i had an 04 f150 with a 6" lift and 37's years ago. it rubbed a little but it never bothered me. it just let me know they were there.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
well that's some real doom and gloom stuff there. i might just pass on the spacers and let it rub a little. i had an 04 f150 with a 6" lift and 37's years ago. it rubbed a little but it never bothered me. it just let me know they were there.

Sorry man, not trying to bum you out or anything. Even though the chances are slim, its always better to play it safe than sorry, ya know? Rubbing your liners is no issue, just annoying, but rubbing your UCA (which I doubt would happen given you're running a 295) could cause issues of their own. Like I said though, I doubt you'll have clearance issues so don't sweat it.

BossHawg

Reaction score
are you talking about wheel spacers i'm talking about putting another spacer for the lift to level the truck out get rid of the rake.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
are you talking about wheel spacers i'm talking about putting another spacer for the lift to level the truck out get rid of the rake.

I thought you meant wheel spacers since they were worried about the offset. Disregard that whole diatribe.

Cajun

Reaction score

I don't see any rub marks on the UCA's at all after a week of driving.

BossHawg

Reaction score
It’s finally done. It looks great they put the mopar 2” lift on and then added an extra spacer up front. They did try to screw me again. They switched out my 295/65 and put on 295/60 but I’m not messed up about that. I’m just glad I got the lift done. 8FBF23F8-50D5-4E0B-B63A-2A0FF8940834.jpeg 3153FAEA-FD94-4DDB-8B01-50DED386414E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread