5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally I got the 2” Mopar Lift

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before you talk to the dealer look at my thread I created “3.5” Readylift kit on off-road package”. I ended up doing a lot of double checking and it turns out you cannot put the whole 3.5” from kit on some of the off-road trucks. According to Readylift, it depends on the height of the front end before the lift. I ended up not installing the pre load spacer. These two kits work the same so I imagine it’s the same on the rough country. Don’t mean to hijack the thread, but you may be able to give your dealer some facts to help get them do what you want them to

Last edited:

BossHawg

Reaction score
Before you talk to the dealer look at my thread I created “3.5” Readylift kit on off-road package”. I ended up doing a lot of double checking and it turns out you cannot put the whole 3.5” from kit on some of the off-road trucks. According to Readylift, it depends on the height of the front end before the lift. I ended up not installing the pre load spacer. These two kits work the same so I imagine it’s the same on the rough country. Don’t mean to hijack the thread, but you may be able to give your dealer some facts to help get them do what you want them to

Thanks I’ll check it out. I love the way the truck looks just wanted to keep it mopar and I don’t like a salesman trying to bait and switch me.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was wondering as I also have the Mopar lift but paired with 18” wheels and your’s towered over mine. A896AB6C-17AD-4FBA-96B6-B508C5F84CD2.jpeg

Last edited:

DSOOBY

Reaction score
The Readylift is a great kit, however, I would imagine with the offroad package + the 3.5 Readylift the CV angles are pretty extreme, as well aslower ball joints and tie rods are probably not super happy either. You're looking at 4.5 inches of lift ( if you add the two together) without a diff drop and the only suspension component replaced is the upper control arms so the upper ball joints are fine in this case.

I personally have the Readylift 3.5 (but no offroad package) and wouldn't want to stretch the suspension components any more than they are currently, any more would probably result in pretty rapid premature wear. I would definitely have them put the Mopar kit like you requested in the first place. The Nittos are great though, I'm running them on my truck in the 33-inch variety

Pics for reference.
IMG_5601.jpg IMG_5602.jpg

PorBoy

Reaction score
Wait now that I think about it, doesn’t the Mopar cost more then the ReadyLift ? Did they refund you the difference ? Also was what you two agreed upon written so neither party could contest it ?

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd set of the nittos in 2 years. You will love them. My set on the f150 I am trading in on Friday have 34k on them and have about 1/3 tread left.

Great looking trucks, and that Delmonico will be me come Friday with my new longhorn. Trying to figure out wheels right now, but will 100% be going with ridge grapplers

BossHawg

Reaction score
Well my dealer got the Mopar lift on order now he is just checking if my current tires will fit with the stock 20x9 wheels. He said that the place he had put the lift on told him that the mopar was on backorder and there wasn't any difference in rough country lift except the name. Which is total BS i've never heard anyone at a car dealership say anything aftermarket was on par with OEM. I sent him links to both showing everything about the kit was different and the rough country was less than half the price. I told him i will never be doing business there again. My family has bought 5 vehicles there in 9 years. But he is making it right. I'm not sure the tires will fit with just the 2" and stock wheels so if anyone has any info i would appreciate it.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Well my dealer got the Mopar lift on order now he is just checking if my current tires will fit with the stock 20x9 wheels. He said that the place he had put the lift on told him that the mopar was on backorder and there wasn't any difference in rough country lift except the name. Which is total BS i've never heard anyone at a car dealership say anything aftermarket was on par with OEM. I sent him links to both showing everything about the kit was different and the rough country was less than half the price. I told him i will never be doing business there again. My family has bought 5 vehicles there in 9 years. But he is making it right. I'm not sure the tires will fit with just the 2" and stock wheels so if anyone has any info i would appreciate it.

shouldn't be an issue, from everything i have learned - (i think there is someone on the forum) that a 295x65x20 (35.1" tall by 11.5" wide) tire will fit with the off road package and JUST a level. (non-air suspension)
keep us posted(y)

DSOOBY

Reaction score

Ram marketed the 2 inch MOPAR lift as being able to accept 35x12.5 so I doubt there will be an issue if you're using the stock wheels. I'm basing this off the press truck below. (offsets of those wheels should be the same as stock wheels.)

BossHawg

Reaction score
One positive thing is I will be one of the very few if any who has had both a Rough Country lift and a mopar lift on the same truck. i will have plenty of before and after and after photos.

BossHawg

Reaction score
Ram marketed the 2 inch MOPAR lift as being able to accept 35x12.5 so I doubt there will be an issue if you're using the stock wheels. I'm basing this off the press truck below. (offsets of those wheels should be the same as stock wheels.)

they are saying i need a negative offset to keep the tires from rubbing with this lift and i have a +19 on my stock wheels. i got no idea about any of this its above my paygrade

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your situation sounds like a typical dealer which is unfortunate they are like that.

Does anyone have the mopar accessory PDF to see what else is available besides the 2” lift from mopar? Does this 2” lift work on the air suspension truck too?

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
they are saying i need a negative offset to keep the tires from rubbing with this lift and i have a +19 on my stock wheels. i got no idea about any of this its above my paygrade
I put on +20 mm fuel wheels on my truck with the Readylift. 35x11.50r20’s fit fine and is what Readylift recommended. I would think a negative offset wheel would cause figment issues. The truck that Ram brought to the shoes to show off the lift has the wheels flush with the fender flares, which is not a negative offset wheel.

PorBoy

Reaction score
When mine was installed, I was told by the tech that it will not work with air suspension. He didn’t truly give an explanation why, but since I did not have air, I wasn’t too concerned.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When mine was installed, I was told by the tech that it will not work with air suspension. He didn’t truly give an explanation why, but since I did not have air, I wasn’t too concerned.

AEV has a lift for the prior generation rebel or air suspension so I have an email out to AEV asking if they have plans to make a similar kit for the 2019 air rides

DSOOBY

Reaction score
I put on +20 mm fuel wheels on my truck with the Readylift. 35x11.50r20’s fit fine and is what Readylift recommended. I would think a negative offset wheel would cause figment issues. The truck that Ram brought to the shoes to show off the lift has the wheels flush with the fender flares, which is not a negative offset wheel.

Second what Rammit said, if you go with a negative offset you run the risk of having some rubbing ( probably only at full lock). Your current wheels should work just fine though., don't let the dealer sell you something you don't need. Most folks would go negative offset so they don't rub the tire on the upper control arm or other suspension components with a drastically wider tire. You didnt have this problem before so don't sweat it.

That isn't to say you cant go with a negative offset wheel, it does look better ( subjectively) but just know you may have to trim your wheel liner if you go that route. My set up( 3.5 inch lift, 33x12.5 tires with a -19 offset wheel) has the tiniest bit of scrubbing in reverse at full turn, but I imagine any larger diameter tire would most certainly be rubbing and scrubbing without a minor trim on the liners.

BossHawg

Reaction score
I’m not getting new wheels I’m sticking with my stock ones he was saying something about having to get wheel spacers maybe. I don’t know I don’t believe a word coming out of his mouth. If he gives me to much trouble I’ll just tell him to put the lift on and the stock tires and throw the 35’s in the back and I’ll go to a tire shop and see what they say and if I got to trade them both in on something different

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
AEV has a lift for the prior generation rebel or air suspension so I have an email out to AEV asking if they have plans to make a similar kit for the 2019 air rides
I can not wait to see what AEV does with and for the 5th Gen

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can not wait to see what AEV does with and for the 5th Gen

Rough country answered me back earlier in the week and has no intentions on releasing anything for the air rides. They advised me to check with zone and procomp who I emailed but haven’t heard back from yet.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
those are the tires you want. keep them. what did they charge you ?

Users who are viewing this thread