5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally I got the 2” Mopar Lift

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Yeah thinking every dealer is different.

My dealer said they add a little spacer to all of the Mopar lifts. Just to take out some of the take( not all).

So you kept your factory shocks with the 3.5? Wonder when Bilstein will release theirs?

Correct, factory shocks. As I understand the Mopar kit uses extended Fox shocks in the front to achieve the lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Quad Cab Laramie, Body Style 41, 6 foot box and I am looking to put in the 2" Mopar Lift. I was reading about using the Off Road Package Springs, P/N 68320249AB, in the front to help level the truck. My concern with the springs is, are they the same inner & outer diameters where they seat in the cups because the 2" kit will not work on the Rebel. Second, after just getting off the phone with Mopar Performance, since I have a Quad Cab, Body Style 41 and NOT a Crew Cab, Body Style 91, the 2" Mopar Kit is NOT recommended and was only designed by engineering for the Crew Cab Body Style 91. Mopar Performance also told me that because people also want the truck leveled, they have a New P/N coming out, 77072424AB that will supersede P/N 77072424 which will raise the cup seat up on the front shock to help level the truck.
All that being said, they told me that there have been complaints that when this kit is used on a Quad cab, there is then too much rake in the truck which id due to the difference in the frame and pivot points. Is there ANYONE that has any experience in lifting a Quad Cab? I want to wait for next month when the new 2" kit, P/N 77072424AB comes out and give it a try in my Quad Cab. I am thinking it can't be horrible. The only option then, if i needed to correct too much rake would be either add the Off Road Springs, P/N 68320249AB, if the diameters are the same and it will seat properly, or add a spacer to the top of the front shocks.

If anyone has any good information, please share it, I greatly appreciate it.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are f
Correct, factory shocks. As I understand the Mopar kit uses extended Fox shocks in the front to achieve the lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are Fox shocks good? Which ones would you say are the best?

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
That is Sweet Jake! Is that the Mopar 2" kit and no additional spacers? That looks perfectly like what I am looking for with my factory 22" wheels.. I am OK with a slight rake but was concerned from what I was told that it was bad, but I could not imagine how. Thanks for the input. I want to do mine next week.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I may also wait for the 77072424AB kit to come out since they are moving the spring cup seat up slightly in the front to help with leveling.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
They stated that the P/N is in the system, but not available. He was not 100% sure but was thinking Mid May. I'd wait until then if I had to. He suggested calling the dealer to let them know and alert me when it became available.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
My biggest concern was that Mopar Performance stated that the kit was for the 91 body style which is a crew cab and mine is a 41 body style as it's a quad cab. I wanted more bed room. It looks like 19Jake has installed it with no additional spacers or issues. I would surely wait a month for the 1" or so taller in the front for leveling.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes that extra 1” in the front if it truly levels it would so be worth the wait. Since I already have the Mopar kit installed, I wonder where that leaves me ?

ptrnfan

Reaction score
Can you tell me how tall the truck is to the top of the shark fin with that lift? I'm not sure mine would fit in my garage with the 3.5" lift.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
If anyone wants the Ph# for Mopar Performance that may not have it, it's 888-528-4364. They were awesome to talk to and very knowledgeable, especially giving me the scoop on the new P/N. He stated that new P/N was driven from customer feedback about waning the truck level with having to add additional spacers in the front.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
For what it is worth, I did check with my dealer on the NEW Revised 2" Mopar Lift, P/N 77072424AB and they now have it in their system, but do not have the details or costing yet. They are tracking it and will call me once it is available.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a couple questions. Is that a quad cab or crew cab? Who installed the lift? was it an outside shop or did you find a dealer who would install it on your quad even though it states "for crew cab only"
Jake has a pretty sweet Rebel. This pic he posted is another members on this forum. If I remember correctly, the owner took delivery of the truck from the dealer as pictured. He/she provided a list of upgrades to the dealer, and they performed the work once the truck arrived from the factory. It is a Crew Cab BTW.

Stillhetfield

Reaction score
Does anyone know if 2"Mopar lift with org and 20x10 wheels -18 offset 35 x11.50 x20 will work. I already bent metal tab at mud flap and put much flap back on.

Thanks for any help

Users who are viewing this thread