5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust manifold recall

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would TSB 09-011-22, listed above, be covered under the power train warranty?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would say broken bolts and cracked manifolds are different. I do get what you are getting at.

I can see potentially an extended warranty on the manifolds not a recall.
yes would be nice, I used to have a Nissan Titan and they had more issues with cracked manifolds then Ram. The good part about the manifolds being connected to the CAT's on the Titan was they were covered under the 8 year 80,000 mile emissions warranty.

Jbdawg19

Reaction score
went in to get right side fixed on 2020 limited, said most likely broken bolt. four hours later said manifold cracked. none in stock and they can only order one set a week due to demand. mine would be here in six weeks. really shabby, could be health hazard if you don't know and are sitting in truck to stay warm.
still no recall, I asked they replace both and they said only the broken one

Johnwi

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited. I noticed some ticking around about 30,000 miles. Surprisingly, my wife commented on how the truck sounded louder at start up. its quite noticeable when parked between two houses or two buildings close by. You can really hear it then. i Was also noticing the smell of exhaust or a burnt oil smell when exiting the truck and also while driving especially on the drivers side of the vehicle. I took the truck in this past November and they said I had a cracked exhaust manifold and would order the parts. It was covered under warranty. After they replaced the left side, I still had that exhaust smell in the cab and it was Very strong. I called the dealership and told them I still have that sickening exhaust smell in the cab and it appears to be more prevalent on the drivers side of the cab interior. I dropped the truck off at the dealership on November 28. After about an hour, they came in the lounge and told me the right side exhaust manifold was cracked and would need to be replaced. They said they had the parts on hand as this is a common repair. Not sure why they didn’t have the parts on November 1 when they replaced the left side nor do I understand why they didn’t check the right side at the time of the repair for the left side. I had already mentioned to them the strong exhaust order in the cab. Both of my exhaust manifolds cracked prior to 45,000 miles. I’m not an extended warranty person but now I’m starting to wonder if buying one is a good idea? It’s a gamble but this is ridiculous. The dealership told me it was ok to drive in the meantime.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey Johnwi,

If you're needing assistance while your vehicle is being repaired or is at the dealership, please reach out to us. We'd be happy to get you some assistance.

Callie
Ram Cares

Scram1500

Reaction score
How many years have they been making the Hemi? This is the text book definition of insanity. Replacing defective parts with defective parts is a new category of lunacy that should be researched by psychiatrists

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2009 was the first year of the 4th gen. I had repairs for broken bolts or cracked manifolds done at least 6 times during the 10 years and 193K miles I had it.

I guess they are finally solving the problem, though.... by discontinuing the Hemi (rumored) and replacing it with the new Hurricane motor....

DeadEye637

Reaction score
2020 Rebel w/a hemi , 53k, and the passenger side has an exhaust leak. Going to be repaired in 2 weeks and I expect it to be covered. It seems to be a common issue w/the engines.

JimK

Reaction score
UPDATE ON EXHAUST MANIFOLD - Just took my 2019 1500 Laramie in - both manifolds need replaced. I believe DEALER said 3 weeks to get parts, due to shortage. Unfortunately, have 63K miles so past 60k warranty even with 2 months left. Anyone at RAM care, could you please help? Can kick myself for not paying attention to mileage, I thought it was 75k power train. Heard ticking in January, but put it off since my wife was driving it to Ohio to visit with her father before he passed away. Ughh! Note to 5th Gen Owners, hear a tick at start, take it in NOW!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UPDATE ON EXHAUST MANIFOLD - Just took my 2019 1500 Laramie in - both manifolds need replaced. I believe DEALER said 3 weeks to get parts, due to shortage. Unfortunately, have 63K miles so past 60k warranty even with 2 months left. Anyone at RAM care, could you please help? Can kick myself for not paying attention to mileage, I thought it was 75k power train. Heard ticking in January, but put it off since my wife was driving it to Ohio to visit with her father before he passed away. Ughh! Note to 5th Gen Owners, hear a tick at start, take it in NOW!
Did you ask for a "Goodwill" repair due to the common failure of them. There is even a TSB for them.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Both of mine are cracked, sill under warranty, and my dealer quoted 2 months to get them in.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score

RamCares

Reaction score
Hello,

Please send us a PM, we'd be happy to look into any assistance for you.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread