5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust manifold recall

boomtastic

Reaction score
81k and I just found 2 broken studs on the passenger's side of my 2019 Limited. I'll just add that to the list of issues (tea kettle whistle, dash coming apart, driver's power window acts up) with this truck ....

Anyways, following just for updated part numbers since this is going to come out of my pocket anyways.

U

User_21239

Just adding to the mix here. 2019. 51k miles. Dealer diagnosed and put in an order for the manifold kit. No indication of time -- it's on indefinite backorder.

U

User_21239

Update: Dealer contacted me yesterday -- they got the parts. So on July 11, they told me indefinite backorder, then they get the parts on the 13th. Whatever works I guess. So now we will see how long this lasts.

Shoutout to @RamCares for answering my DM, even though I did not put in the request with them.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Saw it on the BBK website, not CA legal...not that I care, won't need to get a smog check until 2027
Gotta love the 8 year new car exemption. Just need to sell it beforehand.

speedyeddie

Reaction score
81k and I just found 2 broken studs on the passenger's side of my 2019 Limited. I'll just add that to the list of issues (tea kettle whistle, dash coming apart, driver's power window acts up) with this truck ....

Anyways, following just for updated part numbers since this is going to come out of my pocket anyways.
I called FCA today and spoke with the recall department. They said there are no recalls for the manifolds at this time. There is a new design available but if you don't have existing warranty, like my 2019 does not, then you will pay for it. I'm thinking this will be a TSB only since FCA is notoriously cheap.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called FCA today and spoke with the recall department. They said there are no recalls for the manifolds at this time. There is a new design available but if you don't have existing warranty, like my 2019 does not, then you will pay for it. I'm thinking this will be a TSB only since FCA is notoriously cheap.
Generally recalls are only done for problems that may cause a safety issue.

frisby5

Reaction score
Is the new design available to owners now? I have a warranty and want to get mine done if it is .

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Since the BBK Shorty's are on backorder as well, does anyone know the cost and wait times on the updated OEM manifolds?

I've got a small leak on the passenger side that I've been tolerating but I'm getting through enough outstanding projects that it's finally hitting my top ten list.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Both of mine are cracked, sill under warranty, and my dealer quoted 2 months to get them in.
UPDATE: Mine went to dealer yesterday for replacement. It has taken 9 weeks for the dealer to get the parts and get it scheduled. The time frame is not their fault at all.

Bigred7181

Reaction score
Which side is most prone to cracking? My passenger side also just cracked on my 2020 still under powertrain warranty. I see lots of people with passenger but not as many with drivers side. Also waiting on parts.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Dumb question…..how do you know or think you might have a problem with the manifold or the bolts?

Users who are viewing this thread