5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust manifold recall

Powertrain is 5 year or 60,000 miles. He has a 2019, so it's possible he is past the 5 year.
Gotcha, don’t think I realized he had a 19.
Either way $1200 for one seems extremely high

Especially with the parts costing less than $100 and labor around 2-3 hrs per side. But, they may be estimating high to include time for extracting broken or frozen bolts and the final bill may be much less.

Especially with the parts costing less than $100 and labor around 2-3 hrs per side. But, they may be estimating high to include time for extracting broken or frozen bolts and the final bill may be much less.
labor is 3.1 hours/side from Alldata plus any diag. List on the newest manifolds is around $129. Most dealers, sell parts over list in their service departments. Not to mention supplier change has manifolds on backorder again. The newest revision doesn't include the tiebars.

Powertrain is 5 year or 60,000 miles. He has a 2019, so it's possible he is past the 5 year.

Buddy just had his done. He had 58k and was under 5 years. He knew someone in the dealer. It was actually in for paint warranty (the known front-hood peeling/rust). Dealer did the manifolds without him even asking. It was covered under the 5 yr 60k. Probably saved him a lot of headache.

I thought this was really awesome of them.

My passenger side was done under the extended but $0 deductible because I complained about the tick under the factory warranty and they noted it. I am actually going to see if I can get them to do my driver side. It looks really, really rough. Despite regular underbody washes, the flanged connector where the bolt goes through on the manifold is almost "cheesed out" from rust. I imagine it's only a matter of time.

Well, I'm in the same boat both cracked.
This will make my 3rd set of manifolds going on the truck.
The last set was under warranty, and unfortunately I am at 138K miles so no luck.
Has anyone did the manifolds and reused the tie bars?
My local dealer wants another $140 for the tie bars.
They quoted $1088 to do them, however this was prior to the tie bars being a separate part. So I am sure its even more now.

The last set was under warranty, and unfortunately I am at 138K miles so no luck.
They quoted $1088 to do them, however this was prior to the tie bars being a separate part. So I am sure its even more now.
If not under warranty, I’d use a local shop, not the stealership

Reuse the tiebars, non issue to reuse them.

If not under warranty, I’d use a local shop, not the stealership
What's funny about this, there are just as many hack/over priced independent shops. If a person has a good relationship with a service center who cares where they get the vehicle serviced.

Using a dealership will get you 2 years unlimited mileage warranty. What does an independant offer?

$1100 for both manifolds. Let's math it out. Alldata time for both sides is 6.8 hours(I don't make the times). Parts are what $350(very few shops charge straight list, parts are on a matrix and warranty pays over list in most cases). Do the math and the price looks good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back