5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust manifold recall

Phil76

Reaction score
I just discovered my passenger side exhaust manifold was leaking. I called my local dealer to schedule an appointment. The service advisor told me that a recall for the exhaust manifolds is to start sometime in September. He stated that it is to be a redesigned exhaust manifold installed with the recall.

Phil76

Reaction score
I agree. I was trying to get it fixed under warranty before September. He told me they couldn't get the parts, due to the recall with new manifolds.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just discovered my passenger side exhaust manifold was leaking. I called my local dealer to schedule an appointment. The service advisor told me that a recall for the exhaust manifolds is to start sometime in September. He stated that it is to be a redesigned exhaust manifold installed with the recall.
I hope that's true, but this is a case of I'll believe it when I see it.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My '19 had its first exhaust leak fixed at around 48K miles. When I traded it in with 73K miles on it, it sounded to me like it was just starting to need that same repair again.

My '09 Hemi had an exhaust leak fixed something like 6 times during the 193K miles I owned it.

Pretty ridiculous they've had this problem for that long.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does your dealer have anything in writing on this?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not heard of any recalls or special service policy.

Bullcycles

Reaction score
There’s nothing new on the NHTSA recalls… I can’t imagine this being a recall now.. dealerships will be swamped for months just swapping manifolds. And it’s not even a safety issue.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had my right exhaust manifold replaced on my 19' under warranty last June 2021 @ 46K miles . dealership told me my left manifold was going as well. Fast forward to present day (62K miles on engine) and I can literally smell the exhaust fumes through my ac vents every time i drive.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had my right exhaust manifold replaced on my 19' under warranty last June 2021 @ 46K miles . dealership told me my left manifold was going as well. Fast forward to present day (62K miles on engine) and I can literally smell the exhaust fumes through my ac vents every time i drive.
If it was going then, why wouldn't they have fixed it?

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
19 model years with the exact same issue and NOW they're going to recall this the year before an all-new engine goes into these trucks to start phasing out the Hemi? Naw.... there's no way. They don't care enough to do that.

Nibis

Reaction score
Just bought a 19 recently for my wife, sounds like the passenger side has a leak, was thinking about shorty headers, LOL

Amazing93

Reaction score
I will bet the service advisor is just using the wrong terms. He probably means a TSB with a redesigned part is coming and said recall.

Users who are viewing this thread