5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust manifold recall

Phil76

Reaction score
This morning I decided to call the dealer I bought my truck from. This dealer is about 60 miles from the one I mentioned before. This service advisor told me the same as my local one did. He said he didn't know any more info than what I already knew. But his manager said it was coming.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dont see any upcoming recalls on this list. The top are recalls with no fixes/pending fixes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220831-201024_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20220831-201024_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 136

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I dont see any upcoming recalls on this list. The top are recalls with no fixes/pending fixes.
wait a minute another poster said recalls are ONLY for safety items and I see other items that are called recalls!

by the way I knew this, just could not find the facts to back me up

also the picture you posted is dated Aug 19, 2022
the op said they talked with the dealer on the 29 or 30 as the post was aug 30, 2022

so it could be the exhaust manifold is going to be added soon.

lets hope.

Last edited:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
wait a minute another poster said recalls are ONLY for safety items and I see other items that are called recalls!

by the way I knew this, just could not find the facts to back me up

also the picture you posted is dated Aug 19, 2022
the op said they talked with the dealer on the 29 or 30 as the post was aug 30, 2022

so it could be the exhaust manifold is going to be added soon.

lets hope.
Yup you are correct. I get emails on every recall. This is the list of the latest recalls. My bad for showing you a different list...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220831-214145_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220831-214145_Chrome.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 229

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it was going then, why wouldn't they have fixed it?
Parts were on back order, my truck was stranded at the dealership for 8 weeks because i needed a cracked cylinder head replaced as well ( which was on back order, then wrong part delivered and had to wait another 4 weeks with NO COMPENSATION or Help from FCA or dealership. Went through such a horrible experience with FCA ( The BS i was put through was so ridiculous ). When I finally got my truck back I didn't even care to ask them about the left manifold.

Phil76

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck from my appointment at the dealer. I couldn't get anymore info from the service advisor regarding the recall ,or campaign for the exhaust manifolds. I did find out something though. The exhaust manifolds have revised part numbers for both sides. When that happened, I'm not sure. But it seems to be recently. Screenshot_20220906-155300.png Screenshot_20220906-155320.png

Phil76

Reaction score
Im having both replaced under warranty. Two bolts broke on the passenger side, and he said the driver's side was looking iffy. So he ordered both. I was also told that they are only releasing so many to dealers at a time. It won't be till the end of September before they can be installed.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if they put the slots on the manifold like GM does. Whatever happened, something was changed to get a new part number.

Phil76

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with my service advisor. I was wrong about the updated part number. They are actually ending in AC, not AB as I previously mentioned.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with my service advisor. I was wrong about the updated part number. They are actually ending in AC, not AB as I previously mentioned.
I attached pictures of current part numbers. RH can't be ordered and LH are special handling only, both part end in AB.

Attachments

• manifold.PNG
    manifold.PNG
    72.7 KB · Views: 63
  • maniRH.PNG
    maniRH.PNG
    79.8 KB · Views: 62

Phil76

Reaction score
That's the numbers I seen when looking. I called Ram customer care. The rep said I should be receiving a call from someone one in parts to get them expedited if possible. I know one thing. This run around is getting old very quick.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's the numbers I seen when looking. I called Ram customer care. The rep said I should be receiving a call from someone one in parts to get them expedited if possible. I know one thing. This run around is getting old very quick.

You won't get the RH anytime soon. There isn't any available. Dealers will not give them up if they have them, there are actually dealers offering up their inventory for a handsome charge.

Phil76

Reaction score
You won't get the RH anytime soon. There isn't any available. Dealers will not give them up if they have them, there are actually dealers offering up their inventory for a handsome charge.
Any advice on what I could do? Not trying to void the warranty just yet.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Phil76

Reaction score
Have them order the parts. It will be covered by warranty when the manifolds come in.
Have already done that. It's been pushed out till October. Was trying to push to get it done sooner. Leak has gotten worse including exhaust fumes.
Have them order the parts. It will be covered by warranty when the manifolds come in.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have already done that. It's been pushed out till October. Was trying to push to get it done sooner. Leak has gotten worse including exhaust fumes.
If there are any aftermarket available, they can ask their rep for assistance/pay the claim. I doubt they will spring for headers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online