5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Service - Share your Experience!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I've been noticing many folks here being hesitant to take their trucks for service (even under warranty), which got me thinking... It would be great to have a list of the good dealers, and also a list of bad ones, so we can avoid them.
I myself was apprehensive when my truck needed a few things fixed, and thankfully, my dealer fixed all the items on my list the first time.

Others are not so fortunate, and have to roll the dice.

Let's start a thread here so we can share good, the bad, and the ugly. I'll be first:

City/State: Houston, TX
Dealer Name: Helfman
Dealer Location/s: 7720 Katy Fwy
Contact Name: Steven Olsen - Asst. Service Mgr
Contact Number: 713-533-6250 (Service Direct)

Date of Visit: 10/18

Days at Dealer: 5
Loaner Available?: No
Rental Available?: Yes

Recommend: Yes/No: Yes!
Recommend - Why/Why Not?: Fixed everything on list the first time. Great customer service. Kept me updated daily of status.

Work Done:
1: Brake squeal
2: Glove box ambient lighting out
3. AC not cooling
4: Center console squeal

Notes:
Very happy. Truck was in for 5 days, since a lot of items needed to be inspected/fixed, and parts (brakes) needed to be ordered, but everything was fixed right, the first time. Will definitely take my truck there again for service.

Cheers!
Neurobit

==================

Format for copy/paste into your post:

City/State:
Dealer Name:
Dealer Location/s:
Contact Name:
Contact Number:

Date of Visit: MM/YY

Days at Dealer:
Loaner Available?:
Rental Available?:

Recommend - Yes/No:
Recommend - Why/Why Not? :

Work Done:

Notes:

Last edited:

11B4X4

Reaction score
Dealer Name: Lustine
Dealer Location/s: Woodbridge, Va
Contact Name: N/A
Contact Number: N/A

Date of Visit: 12/2018 & 01/2019

Loaner Available?: Yes ( had a 2018 ram 1500 for week)

Recommend - Yes
Recommend - If you can play hard ball negotiating they are good to purchase at. They gave me a great price for my truck and excellent trade in value on myold vehicle.

Work Done: vehicle purchased and gas tank replacement

Notes:

I purchased my Ram and have had service performed at the same dealership. On a scale of 1-10 i'd give my dealership a 4. My primary gripe stems from a nail in my tire when I came to pick up my truck from the dealership. The nail wasn't the issue though. The sales manager was adamant about making it up to me for the inconvenience of the nail. The Sales manger asked what he could do to make it up to me. I asked for full coverage front and rear floor mats, he said not problem. My salesman, Ron Boston was directed to get these for me. For 2 weeks Ron told me they were ordered and have not came in. Finally, I went to the parts dept to verify the order, no such order existed and the item isn't even available through Ram. Additionally, Ron solicited a better FCA customer service review from me in exchange for a "better brand" floor mat.

In conclusion, I was lied to for 2 weeks over floor mats and the sales manager didn't give a sh*t after I took delivery of the truck.

As for service department, they are okay. They get the work done quickly. I've had my truck in twice and get it back in the same condition I dropped it off in (minus a booger on my steering wheel). Mileage and idle time not increased more than needed. Floyd, in the service department was knowledgeable and patient. I was quoted $2200 to install my lift and tires, eventually they went down to $1000. I did not have that work performed by them.

I had my gas tank replaced and I was told the part would be available the next day. 3 days later I find out that was not true it could take up to a week to get. It took exactly a week for the tank to arrive. They had my truck for 4 days and did nothing. I picked it up and brought it back once the tank came in.

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
City/State: Houston, Texas
Dealer Name: River Oaks Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
Dealer Location/s: 4807 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX 77098

Contact Number: 713-524-3801

Date of Visit: 12/18 & 1/19

Days at Dealer: 0 (Truck available same day)
Loaner Available?: Yes

Recommend - Yes/No: Yes
Recommend - Why/Why Not? : Great service, easy to talk with, friendly staff

Work Done: TSB Software Updates & Recall

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
City/State: West Palm Beach, FL
Dealer Name: Arrigo Dodge/Fiat
6500 Okeechobee Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33411

Date of Visit: 2/11/19

Days at Dealer: TBD
Multiple choices from Rams/Grand Cherokees/Wranglers

Recommend - Why/Why Not? : Great staff, from service to rental.
Used them in past on other vehicles with fast turnaround.

Work Done: Recall for Power Steering, bluetooth issue, squeaky pedal.

Update: 2 of 3 items finished same day. Bluetooth issue was for a failing mic, part arrives in a ~week.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
City/State: Houston, Texas
Dealer Name: River Oaks Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
Dealer Location/s: 4807 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX 77098

Contact Number: 713-524-3801

Date of Visit: 12/18 & 1/19

Days at Dealer: 0 (Truck available same day)

Recommend - Why/Why Not? : Great service, easy to talk with, friendly staff

Work Done: TSB Software Updates & Recall
Ahh... I believe that’s Helfman as well, correct? Interesting that they offer loaners. The one on Katy Fwy does not.

Thanks for sharing!

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
Ahh... I believe that’s Helfman as well, correct? Interesting that they offer loaners. The one on Katy Fwy does not.

Thanks for sharing!

Correct they're a Helfman, I should have added, Loaners are available if your wait will be longer than 2 hours but your vehicle is expected back by days end

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Correct they're a Helfman, I should have added, Loaners are available if your wait will be longer than 2 hours but your vehicle is expected back by days end
Awesome. Will need to check them out since I had to get a rental at the Katy location.

Cheers,

klail

Reaction score
City/State: Boise, ID
Dealer Name: Larry H Miller Dodge Crysler Jeep Ram
Dealer Location/s: 222 Auto Drive, Boise, ID 83709
Contact Name: Don't Remember
Contact Number: 888-356-5166
Date of Visit: 02/19

Days at Dealer: .3
Loaner Available?: NA
Rental Available?: NA

Recommend - Why/Why Not? : Pointed out the issues. Fixed the issue with no hassle.

Work Done: Fixed the Sunroof drain grommet installation as they were installed incorrectly.

Notes:

AlJ

Reaction score
City/State: Cape Girardeau, MO
Dealer Name: Morlan Chrysler LLC
Dealer Location/s: 374 Siemers Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Contact Name: Galen Sanders - Assistant Service Manager
Contact Number: 573-388- 3331

Date of Visit: 02/2019

Days at Dealer: 4 (Working Days)
Loaner Available?: N/A
Rental Available?: N/A

Recommend - Why/Why Not? : Professional, courteous and prompt service (See notes)

Work Done: Replaced Radio Frequency Hub Module and completed recall work.

Notes:

Considering this Dealer was not the Dealer that I purchased the truck from, the work was expedited and completed in a professional manner to my satisfaction with one exception. Using the FCA Roadside Assistance, the truck was non-operational when it was hauled to the Dealer and the e-brake was engaged, and could not be released without power to the truck. Two days after the truck was unloaded at the Dealer site, the Service Manager called to informed me that FCA was refusing to pay for the truck to be towed from the Dealer lot into their garage and that I would have to absorb the towing fee to move the truck 500' into their facility. I opted to use my AAA services, instead of paying for the tow. I surmise that had I purchased the vehicle from this Dealership it probably would not have been a problem. I have reported this to my FCA Case Manager, who offered to reimburse me for any costs I incurred. Since I used AAA, I did not have any upfront costs, so I requested to be compensated with a free oil change. That request was granted. The Service Manager actually went beyond simply replacing the RFHM, when he noticed evidence of moisture and corrosion in the old module. He had the service tech water test the back window and found a small leak, which was most likely the cause for the RFHM failure. He recommended a FCA Collision Center that could reseal the window, since they did not have a body shop at their facility. Overall I was very satisfied with the work done at this Dealership, and would highly recommend it's service department.

Brady_SS

Reaction score
City/State: Plano, TX
Dealer Name: Huffines Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, RAM
Dealer Location/s: 4500 West Plano Parkway, Plano, TX 75093
Contact Name: Jason Potash
Contact Number: (469) 467-1681

Date of Visit: 02/19

Days at Dealer: 1
Loaner Available?: Y
Rental Available?: Y

Recommend - Why/Why Not? : Even though service department was busy, my truck was done before it was promised to be.

Work Done: Oil Change, Tire Rotation, 2 Recalls, 4 TSB's

Notes: I did not purchase my truck from this dealer. I feel like I received the same level of service as if I had though. I originally planned to just pop in quickly and get my free Ram Care oil change and tire rotation and maybe the power steering recall if they could get it done in an hour. The service consultant connected a tablet up to my truck and came back with a list of every TSB my truck needed and offered me a free rental (covered by Ram Care) if I wanted to leave the truck with him overnight. I took the offer and expected that my truck would be ready the next afternoon so I was pleasantly surprised to get a call at 9:00 AM letting me know everything had been completed. My RAM has been really good so far, so I have not noticed anything from the TSB's they performed except for the amp update which is great. I'm hoping the eTorque update will return a little better mileage, although mine has not been terrible.

Ramlax

Reaction score
Format for copy/paste into your post:

City/State:commack New York
Dealer Name:ram of Huntington
Dealer Location/s:5080 Jericho turnpike commack ny 11725
Contact Name:
Contact Number:631-993-3300

Date of Visit: MM/YY

Days at Dealer:1
Loaner Available?:yes
Rental Available?:yes

Recommend - Yes/No:yes
Recommend - Why/Why Not? :

Work Done:all recalls done plus oil change and tire rotation. Very friendly and will absolutely bring my truck back here

Notes:[/QUOTE]

Ewiz

Reaction score
Fort Collins, CO
Fort Collins Dodge Ram Chrysler Jeep
3835 S College Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80525

Steve Harty GM and Bob the service manager
Contact Number: (970) 267-5056

Date of Visit: 10/18 one of many

Days at Dealer: 20 +
Loaner Available?: usually

Recommend: NO !!!!!!!!!!
Recommend - They sold me this truck then told me to find another dealer to help me. I refused to accept their incoherent explanation for how there is nothing wrong with my truck. I ended up having to drive hrs to a different competent dealer to have them diagnose. They also got paid to update my TCM and never did. They are a lazy, incompetent, unprofessional dealer

Work Done:
1: Brake pull (unresolved and unwilling to continue diagnosis
2: Trans clunk (got paid to update my TCM and never did)
3. tail gate issues unresolved
4: dash snapping unresolved

Notes:
This dealer treated me poorly from the sales manager Robert to the Service manager BOB..... to the GM Steve. Then after all that told me to take my business elsewhere, while I was still asking them to diagnose a safety concern... DO NOT GO TO FORT COLLINS DODGE

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Fort Collins, CO
Fort Collins Dodge Ram Chrysler Jeep
3835 S College Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80525

Steve Harty GM and Bob the service manager
Contact Number: (970) 267-5056

Date of Visit: 10/18 one of many

Days at Dealer: 20 +
Loaner Available?: usually

Recommend: NO !!!!!!!!!!
Recommend - They sold me this truck then told me to find another dealer to help me. I refused to accept their incoherent explanation for how there is nothing wrong with my truck. I ended up having to drive hrs to a different competent dealer to have them diagnose. They also got paid to update my TCM and never did. They are a lazy, incompetent, unprofessional dealer

Work Done:
1: Brake pull (unresolved and unwilling to continue diagnosis
2: Trans clunk (got paid to update my TCM and never did)
3. tail gate issues unresolved
4: dash snapping unresolved

Notes:
This dealer treated me poorly from the sales manager Robert to the Service manager BOB..... to the GM Steve. Then after all that told me to take my business elsewhere, while I was still asking them to diagnose a safety concern... DO NOT GO TO FORT COLLINS DODGE
Thanks for sharing!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Contact Name: Matthew White
Contact Number: 713-533-6266 (Service Direct)

Date of Visit: 06/19

Days at Dealer: 2
Rental Available?: Yes (Free. Last year I had to pay for it. I think that was a fluke, as advisor told me that dealer always pays for warranty service, except the rental taxes).

Recommend - Why/Why Not?: Fixed everything on list the first time. Great customer service. Kept me updated daily of status.

Work Done:
1: CarPlay intermittent disconnect, not connecting at all
2: Squeak under front end (replaced front calipers).

Notes:
1: CarPlay issue - They performed software update, and my CarPlay works w/o issues. Advisor did show me their system, where it lists compatibility of different phones, iOS, and providers, and UConnect is way, way behind on supporting newer models. For example, on AT&T, for XS / XS Max models, their matrix shows the highest version supported by UConnect to be 12.0.1 & 12.1.2. If you are on iPhone 8, the highest supported is 11.x, which is 2-year old iOS version. Very screwed up, and may be the reason some phones work fine and some don't. I am on iOS 13 beta 3, and mine is working fine again, thankfully, but on iOS 12.3, I was dead in the water w/ CarPlay. Go figure...

2: Regarding the chirp/squeak noise... So glad the tech was savvy enough to figure this out. Issue would happen with truck moving, or just standing still with engine off and getting in/out of vehicle, would cause this chirp. For the life of me, I could not figure this out. Kudos for the tech!!! (see below):

The technician found a bulletin pertaining to the condition he was experiencing to make the noise occur. The front calipers were getting the slightest shift and would cause a squeak/chirp type noise. He saw that my vehicle had the brake pads replaced in the past for a squealing when braking (he was actually the tech that had done this originally) and apparently the engineers had found potential for those original calipers to create a noise, as well. There was nothing safety related as to why these needed to be replaced, but rather the way they were manufactured allowing that slight travel which would result in a noise.

So that's the reason a few folks got their calipers replaced for a newer model, along with redesigned pads.

Cheers!
Neurobit

kblast523

Reaction score
City/State: Amarillo, Texas
Dealer Name: Texas Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram Fiat
Dealer Location/s: 7800 I-40 frontage (West)
Contact Name: Andrew Diaz
Contact Number: (806) 353-6343

Date of Visit: MM/YY 5/9/2019

Recommend - Why/Why Not? : Took in list of issues, could not replicate one the issues, a couple of the girls on staff complimented me on the truck as they had been part of the 'diagnostic staff' and rode in it on testing (65 miles). Parts ordered for one issue and still hasn't arrived, but everything else done as requested.

Work Done: Pssg seat squeaks when unoccupied-repaired seat back springs not properly installed. Engine rattle when restarting -replace filter. Lock button trim rr door not staying on trim panel-cleaned reattached. Rattle in right rear-found missing screws in rear fender liner. Right front corner of headliner folded at top of A-pillar-parts ordered due in 7-21-2019. Droning in cab between 1500-2500 rpm-unable to replicate.

Notes: After taking the truck to shop in May droning didn't re-occur until last week (7-2) and I have provided Andrew with service bulletin for trucks built between 4-23/4-27-2018. Mine was built outside this window, but is doing the same thing described in bulletin.

kaddy

Reaction score
City/State: Burnsville MN
Dealer Name: Dodge of Burnsville
Dealer Location/s: Off 35W
Contact Name: Mike, Service Manager
Contact Number: 952-373-4574

Date of Visit: MM/YY 7/9/19 and 7/11/19

Loaner Available?: NA
Rental Available?: NA

Recommend - Yes/No: No
Recommend - Why/Why Not? : Had my tuck in 2 times for the TSB 08-033-19. The first day the did the recalls and called and said it was done. Picked it up and drove home and I heard the booming noise again. I read through the report from the tech and he didn't do anything with the TSB. Spoke to the Service Manager and he said it is a know issue and to bring it back. Bring it back and can't get it to make the noise. The manager calls to tell me my truck does not fall into the TSB even thought I looked over everything and it sure seems like it fits all the criteria. Tells me to bring it back if I can get it to happen more consistently. I will never go back. This was the second vehicle I purchased from them but never again which is a bummer as I liked my sales guy.

Work Done: Recalls done. Reason I brought it in for the load cabin noise was not fixed.

Notes:

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
My dealer is 10 minutes from my house and the reason I bought a Ram. Took my wife’s Jeep in for an oil change and some computer update and was amazed at the professionalism. Service guy gave me a salesman’s name and the rest is history. No complaints about Paulding CDJR in GA.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Contact Name: Matthew White
Contact Number: 713-533-6266 (Service Direct)

Date of Visit: 06/19

Rental Available?: Yes (Free. Last year I had to pay for it. I think that was a fluke, as advisor told me that dealer always pays for warranty service, except the rental taxes).

Work Done:
1: CarPlay intermittent disconnect, not connecting at all
2: Squeak under front end (replaced front calipers).

Notes:
1: CarPlay issue - They performed software update, and my CarPlay works w/o issues. Advisor did show me their system, where it lists compatibility of different phones, iOS, and providers, and UConnect is way, way behind on supporting newer models. For example, on AT&T, for XS / XS Max models, their matrix shows the highest version supported by UConnect to be 12.0.1 & 12.1.2. If you are on iPhone 8, the highest supported is 11.x, which is 2-year old iOS version. Very screwed up, and may be the reason some phones work fine and some don't. I am on iOS 13 beta 3, and mine is working fine again, thankfully, but on iOS 12.3, I was dead in the water w/ CarPlay. Go figure...

2: Regarding the chirp/squeak noise... So glad the tech was savvy enough to figure this out. Issue would happen with truck moving, or just standing still with engine off and getting in/out of vehicle, would cause this chirp. For the life of me, I could not figure this out. Kudos for the tech!!! (see below):

The technician found a bulletin pertaining to the condition he was experiencing to make the noise occur. The front calipers were getting the slightest shift and would cause a squeak/chirp type noise. He saw that my vehicle had the brake pads replaced in the past for a squealing when braking (he was actually the tech that had done this originally) and apparently the engineers had found potential for those original calipers to create a noise, as well. There was nothing safety related as to why these needed to be replaced, but rather the way they were manufactured allowing that slight travel which would result in a noise.

So that's the reason a few folks got their calipers replaced for a newer model, along with redesigned pads.

Cheers!
Neurobit
So the rental is paid by them except the taxes? Do I have that correct?

Users who are viewing this thread