5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Service - Share your Experience!

Bigfoot9796

Reaction score
Meador Dodge
South freeway
Fort Worth, TX

16 wks
Loaner the whole time
Polite professional and helped me get the truck replaced by Ram corporate.

Scott Lyons the service manager was great to work with.

I would use them again

kblast523

Reaction score
I've been 'in the shop' 16 weeks last Monday. I got a call (voicemail) from Jesse with Stericycle today, he started with "If you are ready to get this over, I can meet you at Texas Dodge, say around noon and we can finalize the re-acquisition. Make sure the vehicle is clean and you have everything out of it." OK, waitjustacottonpickin' minute...
I called him back. I explained the vehicle had not been in my possession since November 8, I would not be able to 'clean it up' because it was not 'driveable'. His response was 'Who have you been talking to, do they know this?' Jan and Albino at FCA, Darcee at Stericycle...Darcee knows? Yes, sent her picture last Friday. Let me call you back.
Jesse called back around 4:30pm said he would meet me at 400pm tomorrow and make sure my co-owner (wife) was there too...
Saga of the Ram is about to end.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I've been 'in the shop' 16 weeks last Monday. I got a call (voicemail) from Jesse with Stericycle today, he started with "If you are ready to get this over, I can meet you at Texas Dodge, say around noon and we can finalize the re-acquisition. Make sure the vehicle is clean and you have everything out of it." OK, waitjustacottonpickin' minute...
I called him back. I explained the vehicle had not been in my possession since November 8, I would not be able to 'clean it up' because it was not 'driveable'. His response was 'Who have you been talking to, do they know this?' Jan and Albino at FCA, Darcee at Stericycle...Darcee knows? Yes, sent her picture last Friday. Let me call you back.
Jesse called back around 4:30pm said he would meet me at 400pm tomorrow and make sure my co-owner (wife) was there too...
Saga of the Ram is about to end.
Glad to hear. Good luck.

kblast523

Reaction score
Glad to hear. Good luck.
It is done. See previous post of pictures from last Friday. Met with Jesse from Stericycle as previously arranged. Signed limited POA for title, authority to pay off US Bank, statement of condition of vehicle and mileage statement. Then got my check for equity and equipment, exactly as agreed. I asked where the truck was going to be repaired. Jesse told me nearly all vehicles get repaired before going to auto dealer auction, this one will not. It will go via transport from Texas CDJR directly to auction, as is. Transport is supposed to be there tomorrow.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
I do not recommend Hastings Chrysler Center in Hastings, MN.

I wanted to like this place, I really did. After buying a few vehicles at one of the largest dealers in the state, I was looking for a change. I had asked the sales team what they could offer over the bigger dealers, the only answer they said was better customer service. Unfortunately they could not even manage to do that.

I had problems with them from start to finish. They never once needed to "sell me". I know the vehicle I wanted and was planning to order it instead of buying off the lot as I have always done done in the past. I just needed to understand which particular features I wanted and to understand the ordering process. Unfortunately, I was given more bad info than good. I was given incorrect info on features, warranty limits and financing. The sales manger frequently walked into the conversations and would offer bad info because he was not part of earlier discussions.

It was worse on phone calls with my salesperson, Sam. Several times I called with questions and I was told to hold while he checked or he would call me back, but without warning, the next thing I know I was talking to the sales manager instead of the salesperson I was wanting to talk to as I was trying to keep conversations to just one point of contact because I was getting tired of "help" from people who didn't know the whole story.

When it came time to order, I was only offered their standard discount. They refused to negotiate one cent. I finally relented only because it was the end of the month and I wanted to take advantage of a financing deal that I was expecting to end in a couple days. When I went there to complete the paperwork for the order, my salesperson passed me off on someone else to help me. When the vehicle arrived a few months later, I made an appointment with him to pick it up, he did it again. I was once again pawned off on another person. I really felt like my purchase was not important enough to give me personal service.

About six weeks later, I made an appointment for my first oil change, recall work and to fix a couple things that not right from the factory. Since I had a few things for them to do and the dealer was about 30 minutes away, I picked a day for when they had a loaner car available, which as a week out. When I showed up for my appointment and got checked in, they realized they forgot to reserve a car for me. So I had to be rescheduled for another day.

When I came back the second time, they called me later in the day to tell me all work was done and I could pick it up. But they tried to charge me for something that was broke broke when I bought the vehicle and should have been covered under the warranty anyway. After I left, I discovered they put the wrong engine oil in, didn't fix something I had requested to be fixed, broke something else they didn't tell me about. So I had so make a 3rd appointment to come back. Then they tried to charge me for something that was missing when I bought the truck and couldn't fix the thing they broke.

Throughout all of this, I escalated my issues and concerns to sales and service managers but all I got was a runaround. Sales team blamed the service people for things and the service people would blame the sales team. They never addressed all my issues and stopped returning calls. I ended up fixing the thing they broke myself. There was other several other problems that I am leaving out of this.

I have talked to other people about this and read other online reviews and have heard many similar stories about other people having bad experiences here. I should have trusted my earlier instincts and walked away long before I ever bought from them. But I wanted to give them them a fair chance to show me that that better customer service they promised but it never happened.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I do not recommend Hastings Chrysler Center in Hastings, MN.

I wanted to like this place, I really did. After buying a few vehicles at one of the largest dealers in the state, I was looking for a change. I had asked the sales team what they could offer over the bigger dealers, the only answer they said was better customer service. Unfortunately they could not even manage to do that.

I had problems with them from start to finish. They never once needed to "sell me". I know the vehicle I wanted and was planning to order it instead of buying off the lot as I have always done done in the past. I just needed to understand which particular features I wanted and to understand the ordering process. Unfortunately, I was given more bad info than good. I was given incorrect info on features, warranty limits and financing. The sales manger frequently walked into the conversations and would offer bad info because he was not part of earlier discussions.

It was worse on phone calls with my salesperson, Sam. Several times I called with questions and I was told to hold while he checked or he would call me back, but without warning, the next thing I know I was talking to the sales manager instead of the salesperson I was wanting to talk to as I was trying to keep conversations to just one point of contact because I was getting tired of "help" from people who didn't know the whole story.

When it came time to order, I was only offered their standard discount. They refused to negotiate one cent. I finally relented only because it was the end of the month and I wanted to take advantage of a financing deal that I was expecting to end in a couple days. When I went there to complete the paperwork for the order, my salesperson passed me off on someone else to help me. When the vehicle arrived a few months later, I made an appointment with him to pick it up, he did it again. I was once again pawned off on another person. I really felt like my purchase was not important enough to give me personal service.

About six weeks later, I made an appointment for my first oil change, recall work and to fix a couple things that not right from the factory. Since I had a few things for them to do and the dealer was about 30 minutes away, I picked a day for when they had a loaner car available, which as a week out. When I showed up for my appointment and got checked in, they realized they forgot to reserve a car for me. So I had to be rescheduled for another day.

When I came back the second time, they called me later in the day to tell me all work was done and I could pick it up. But they tried to charge me for something that was broke broke when I bought the vehicle and should have been covered under the warranty anyway. After I left, I discovered they put the wrong engine oil in, didn't fix something I had requested to be fixed, broke something else they didn't tell me about. So I had so make a 3rd appointment to come back. Then they tried to charge me for something that was missing when I bought the truck and couldn't fix the thing they broke.

Throughout all of this, I escalated my issues and concerns to sales and service managers but all I got was a runaround. Sales team blamed the service people for things and the service people would blame the sales team. They never addressed all my issues and stopped returning calls. I ended up fixing the thing they broke myself. There was other several other problems that I am leaving out of this.

I have talked to other people about this and read other online reviews and have heard many similar stories about other people having bad experiences here. I should have trusted my earlier instincts and walked away long before I ever bought from them. But I wanted to give them them a fair chance to show me that that better customer service they promised but it never happened.
Thanks for the detailed report and sorry about the aggravation. Sheesh, what a nightmare.
Hopefully this can help someone else in your area from using them.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone in the Burlington Ontario area I’ve been using Unique Chrysler and they’ve been absolutely awesome right from the beginning with a 2010 grand caravan .

bskubon

Reaction score
John Hiester Dodge, Lillington NC

Both good and bad experiences

Good, quickly diagnosed my mirror noise and drivers side crew cab window scratches. Following visit, replaced the drivers side mirror, very top rate service, noise gone.

Bad, third visit was to replace the drivers side crew cab window and track. Some reason from the factory, there were scratches at the top center of the window, come down like an inch or better. Here they tore apart the right side window because the service writer mistakenly wrote up passenger side. It’s like they don’t look at what’s damaged nor the previous tickets. Don’t know how far they got before realizing they were doing the wrong window. Now the bad, scratched two trim pieces on the side of the truck they shouldn’t even been working on. To make it worse, the window they installed on the correct side has two obvious scratches- this and the trim damage seem related to rough handling the removed or to be installed parts. I’m not happy at all.

6/18/20 update
So, Hiester Dodge terrible service again, replaced trim they scratched and bent this new piece - this like two weeks ago. Now, like the window, will be replacing the same part twice because they are incompetent. So, today, in replacing the same window trim for the second time, they scratched my paint below the window. Service manager called, said they were going to need to repaint the door - this on a truck with 1000 miles. I flipped out, next thing he says is that they sanded and buffed out the scratch. Now I‘m very concerned they cut most of the clear coat away to get the scratch out now voiding my paint warranty. Owner and GM now won’t talk to me, assuming I’ll just give up.

What also I’d like to know is who pays for these screw ups? I’m assuming dealer just charges FCA. If so, that’s not right, what incentive for them to do the job right the first time. In my case over the last month, five different jobs needed to be reworked twice.

Last edited:

kblast523

Reaction score
Read my previous post regarding this vehicle. I filed a Lemon Law complaint 10-1-19. I was in the shop nearly continuously until 1-23-20 when Stericycle processed the re acquisition. Now this:

Got a letter today from FCA. Opened it and it was a limited facsimile of a repair order with dealer information REDACTED, on a vehicle I signed back over to FCA in January. The attached letter read in part and abbreviated: Your recent service visit should make you more aware that vehicle repairs are expensive...and you should consider getting extended coverage.
Ok, I get a copy of a bill for $1879.92 which was paid under warranty on a vehicle I signed back over to the manufacturer in January, dated March...
I called the number on the letter, got a guy named John.
John: Could you please give me your customer number on the letter.
Me: Certainly-read it to him.
John: Are you considering purchasing a genuine MoPAR extended warranty plan?
Me: No, I signed the truck back over to FCA under provisions of the Texas Lemon Law in January.
John: Oh...uhhh...you mean...did FCA reacquire the vehicle because of legal action?
Me: Yes, Texas Lemon Law.
John: Uhhh, hold on please (placed on hold with chamber music)
John: You are Kevin Riddle?
Me: Yes
John: And you haven't owned this vehicle since January?
Me: Correct.
John: And uhhh, you signed it back over to FCA because of action you took with the lemon law?
Me: Yes.
John: Sorry, this vehicle is not eligible for extended warranty coverage, we will remove you from our list. Have a good day.<click>
Me: OK!

kevinssaco

Reaction score
Read my previous post regarding this vehicle. I filed a Lemon Law complaint 10-1-19. I was in the shop nearly continuously until 1-23-20 when Stericycle processed the re acquisition. Now this:

Got a letter today from FCA. Opened it and it was a limited facsimile of a repair order with dealer information REDACTED, on a vehicle I signed back over to FCA in January. The attached letter read in part and abbreviated: Your recent service visit should make you more aware that vehicle repairs are expensive...and you should consider getting extended coverage.
Ok, I get a copy of a bill for $1879.92 which was paid under warranty on a vehicle I signed back over to the manufacturer in January, dated March...
I called the number on the letter, got a guy named John.
John: Could you please give me your customer number on the letter.
Me: Certainly-read it to him.
John: Are you considering purchasing a genuine MoPAR extended warranty plan?
Me: No, I signed the truck back over to FCA under provisions of the Texas Lemon Law in January.
John: Oh...uhhh...you mean...did FCA reacquire the vehicle because of legal action?
Me: Yes, Texas Lemon Law.
John: Uhhh, hold on please (placed on hold with chamber music)
John: You are Kevin Riddle?
Me: Yes
John: And you haven't owned this vehicle since January?
Me: Correct.
John: And uhhh, you signed it back over to FCA because of action you took with the lemon law?
Me: Yes.
John: Sorry, this vehicle is not eligible for extended warranty coverage, we will remove you from our list. Have a good day.<click>
Me: OK!
These extended warranty companies are pretty stupid! Chevy keeps trying to extend the warranty on my old truck I haven't owned in over a year! Get your data right people!!

Adams2123

Reaction score
Dealerships really can make or break your ownership experience. I'm finishing up a Georgia lemon law case on my 2019 Silverado that was 100% the dealership's fault.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Dealerships really can make or break your ownership experience. I'm finishing up a Georgia lemon law case on my 2019 Silverado that was 100% the dealership's fault.
Pls share if you can. Thanks.

Adams2123

Reaction score
Pls share if you can. Thanks.
The service department at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Buford, GA is terrible. I took my truck in for a leaking back window that stained the headliner. In the process of replacing the headliner, they gouged both A-pillar panels on the inside when they were taking them down as well as messing up the door seals. The service manager acted as if he was doing me a favor by replacing the driver side A-pillar and door seals but refused to replace the passenger side A-pillar because it wasnt "damaged enough" even though the bolt cover fell off while driving. The truck is still under warranty but they refused to fix what they damaged because it wasn't "damaged enough." Then when they either replaced the rear door seal or was detailing it, they broke a piece of trim on the back door. Then when I had the back window replaced because it was leaking and they chipped the paint and broke a clip on an interior panel. Instead of replacing the panel, they taped up the retention bungie to hold it tighter. All in, it spent 90+ days at the dealership simply due to dealership incompetence. They take no pride in their work nor do they care about your property.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Never had any service done and never will @ Derrick Dodge in Edmonton, AB Canada. Sales, Finance, Parts departments are all terrible. Can assume Service is too. Hate to lump them in there but where there's smoke...

My recommendation to anyone is just to avoid at all costs. I started a thread that only scratches the surface of the problems I've personally dealt with there. I've filed complaints with FCA Canada and AMVIC about them already. Can't even trust Google because they have so many fake five star reviews.

JUST DON'T

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
City/State: Escondido, CA
Dealer Name: Jack Powell CDJR
Dealer Location/s: 1625 Auto Park Way, Escondido, CA 92029 (Northern San Diego area)
Contact Name: Any Service Advisory (they are all good)
Contact Number: 760-871-4209

Date of Visit: 9 visits from March 2019 to April 2021

Days at Dealer: Various (usually between 3 to 6 days)
Loaner Available?: Yes (for basic warranty visits)
Rental Available?: Yes

Recommend - Yes/No: Yes
Recommend - Why/Why Not? : Helpful and knowledgeable staff, techs seem to respect other people's vehicles

Work Done: Recalls, steering wheel peeling, brake squeal, cracked rear window, body panel alignments, fuel tank filling issues, poor A/C performance, software updates, and the list goes on.

Notes: Family owned dealership that actually cares. Every time I have taken my truck in for basic warranty work I was provided a loaner at no cost to me while my truck was there. They addressed the issues to the best of their ability and have been honest and fair with me. They provide regular updates and will explain all the repairs or the reason why a repair was not done. The techs do quality work and treat my truck with respect. Out of the 6 RAM dealers in my area this is the only one I trust with my truck.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
City/State: Escondido, CA
Dealer Name: Jack Powell CDJR
Dealer Location/s: 1625 Auto Park Way, Escondido, CA 92029 (Northern San Diego area)
Contact Name: Any Service Advisory (they are all good)
Contact Number: 760-871-4209

Date of Visit: 9 visits from March 2019 to April 2021

Days at Dealer: Various (usually between 3 to 6 days)
Loaner Available?: Yes (for basic warranty visits)
Rental Available?: Yes

Recommend - Yes/No: Yes
Recommend - Why/Why Not? : Helpful and knowledgeable staff, techs seem to respect other people's vehicles

Work Done: Recalls, steering wheel peeling, brake squeal, cracked rear window, body panel alignments, fuel tank filling issues, poor A/C performance, software updates, and the list goes on.

Notes: Family owned dealership that actually cares. Every time I have taken my truck in for basic warranty work I was provided a loaner at no cost to me while my truck was there. They addressed the issues to the best of their ability and have been honest and fair with me. They provide regular updates and will explain all the repairs or the reason why a repair was not done. The techs do quality work and treat my truck with respect. Out of the 6 RAM dealers in my area this is the only one I trust with my truck.
Thanks. Great write up.

pcar

Reaction score
City/State: Jeff Belzer Ram
Dealer Name: Lakeville MN

Recommend: Hell NO!

The sales experience was so bad i eventualy just walked out during the finaly paperwork as what the agreed upon price mysteriously went up for bs reasons. Laundry list of screw ups by sales team i finally lost my patience with them. Sales couldn't answer basic questions i wanted confirmation on, when i went in to purchase the vehicle, it was filthy, they were unprepared for me, made me wait 90 minutes even though i had a scheduled appointment. Sales manager called back later in the day to find out why i left. Was completely unapologetic. I was ready to buy and even then they couldn't provide just basic good customer service. I ended up purchasing from another ram dealer that same day. The only reason i was "almost" willing to go thru the above bs was they had a build i wanted that was hard to find locally.

traveller09

Reaction score
Would love a recommendation and or warnings for the Seattle area. I purchased from Bud Clary Auburn, wasn't the best sales experience but maybe their service department is different. They are about 30 min away. Renton is closest, they don't give off the best vibe (yes it is 2021 and I used vibe), but who knows. Bellevue is close enough, Kirkland isnt that much further. Things are usually better in Bellevue and Kirkland, but not always. Or open to other locations. I just got the truck, it has less than 200 miles but I want to know who I am going to take it to in an emergency or when it is service time.

Users who are viewing this thread