5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Service - Share your Experience!

derp

Reaction score
Good. That’s the closest one to me but I drive into the city to go to another dealer.
Smart. Courtesy has now said that they arent responsible for the breaks because "stuff breaks, its a mystery. If i knew why light bulbs break id be a billionaire and not here". Refusing to do anything beyond making me wait till after the holidays for a realistic repair, they gave me back the truck and had the gall on a recording to tell me they cant guarantee the overheating repair. We both knew when the conversation started that i was recording. They recorded my calls to them as well. The overheating is the main reason i had to bring it in and the repair they said they had fixed when they tried to hand it off to me with broken climate control.

I trusted the warranty to put me to a reliable and qualified shop. This isnt what that looks like.

derp

Reaction score
I took my truck in to have recalls done and to have a slow refueling issue addressed under warranty service. After nearly two weeks of my truck being at the dealership, I finally lost my patience. Here's the note I sent to the dealership:

"
Phone, text or email response - any will do.
I took my truck in on 12/7/19 to have several recalls done (which were completed the same day) and to have a warranty issue taken care of. Without going into long drawn out details, suffice to say that the truck would not allow sufficient fuel flow at the inlet when refueling the truck. Eventually, this was diagnosed as a faulty charcoal canister, which is now waiting to be corrected. The purpose of this note is two-fold.
First is the timing of this warranty service. As mentioned, I dropped the truck off on 12/7/19. Today is 12/17/19. Ten days (eight working days) has elapsed without a resolution to the relatively simple problem with my truck. Much of this time has been spent with the truck sitting without any work being performed. I called on Monday 12/9 and again on Tuesday 12/10 to find out the status of the vehicle. On that Monday, nothing had been done. The next day, Tuesday, the only work that had been performed was a technician taking my truck to the gas station to determine whether or not there was an actual problem and that I somehow over the course of the last year had forgotten how to put gas in my truck. The tech verified a problem, but the diagnosis of the symptom did not start (as near as I can tell) until the following Friday. The part was supposed to be ordered on Friday, 12/13. I seriously doubt that this took place, because today the part has still not arrived, therefore the truck will sit for at least one more day until the part hopefully arrives and someone gets around to installing it on my truck. So my first complaint is, seriously? More than a week and a half? It is patently obvious that my vehicle has been ignored and just worked in when I complain to my service advisor.
Second problem - getting hold of someone who can give me an honest update on what's happening with my vehicle. Getting the service advisor to call back is only possible when I call the service manager, even when I have been promised a call at a certain time. This is not an acceptable way to conduct business. By the way, the service manager hides behind voice mail and has STILL not actually returned my calls. How difficult is it to give a 2 minute update on what's going on? Meantime, my truck still languishes in the parking lot, while I am made to sit and wonder.
In the last couple of years, I have purchased two vehicles at your Lithia dealership. Between lifetime oil changes for both and an extended warranty for one of the vehicles, I have spent at least 70-80k. Next time I am in the market, I will have second thoughts about whether I should be giving you my hard earned dollars.
So I'm asking nicely, please get my truck finished. Second, answer my calls. Third, return calls when promised.
Thank you,"
This note was sent yesterday. This morning, the GM called me from the dealership here in Spokane. He apologized, gave me his cell phone number and told me to call him if there was anything he could do moving forward. He also told me that the part that was needed to fix my truck was arriving today and that my truck would be finished today. It was nice to hear from him and welcome news..

So, this afternoon, I got a call from the service department that says that the part that they needed finally arrived today, but that they would not be able to get to my truck until tomorrow. So much for promises . . .

So to the original poster - unless my truck literally falls apart, I will NOT use a DEALER for ANYTHING EVER AGAIN!

Oh and by the way, this is Lithia in Spokane, WA.
Looks like we are in different boats on the same river. I have been faster to escalate, but am getting point for point the same problem

kblast523

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with FCA Regional Director of Parts and Service: "I really didn't want to have to make this phone call, but we are proceeding with process on your vehicle under provisions of the Texas Lemon Law."
Have been communicating with 'Jan' FCA Reacqusition team. She asked me, by e-mail, if I could 'help her out' with some documentation: Buyer's Order, Finance agreement, Current registration. She then called to clarify. She contacted the dealer 12-19-19 by e-mail and attempted phone conversation with New Car manager, finance manager and title department. Left messages for all three, NONE RETURNED HE CALL. She told me she had hoped to get this underway LAS T YEAR, but was unable to get information she needs for processing the Lemon Law reacqusition. So she turned to me after inquiring of Regional Director of Parts and Service whether I had been cooperative or not....he told her I had gone out of my way to be helpful, and she hoped that would continue. I assured her it would. Numerous calls back to the dealership, numerous messages left...and nothing. Exactly what I've experienced for months. No, I do NOT want a replacement vehicle...
After going into town and getting duplicate registration (reminded her Texas requires you to carry current registration in the vehicle) I mentioned I had added equipment to the vehicle. Bed rug, bed cover, timbrens, tow hooks, bed light kit....ok need receipts. Dug around got all but the $12 tow hook surround found, and blasted $1,540 of 'improvements' to my truck to her. Called to verify receipt...yes thank you. Jan then commented that in her 20 years with Chrysler, 15 years in this department she had NEVER had a dealer fail to return her calls...she thanked me again for helping her 'get started' with the process.

kblast523

Reaction score
Have been communicating with 'Jan' FCA Reacqusition team. She asked me, by e-mail, if I could 'help her out' with some documentation: Buyer's Order, Finance agreement, Current registration. She then called to clarify. She contacted the dealer 12-19-19 by e-mail and attempted phone conversation with New Car manager, finance manager and title department. Left messages for all three, NONE RETURNED HE CALL. She told me she had hoped to get this underway LAS T YEAR, but was unable to get information she needs for processing the Lemon Law reacqusition. So she turned to me after inquiring of Regional Director of Parts and Service whether I had been cooperative or not....he told her I had gone out of my way to be helpful, and she hoped that would continue. I assured her it would. Numerous calls back to the dealership, numerous messages left...and nothing. Exactly what I've experienced for months. No, I do NOT want a replacement vehicle...
After going into town and getting duplicate registration (reminded her Texas requires you to carry current registration in the vehicle) I mentioned I had added equipment to the vehicle. Bed rug, bed cover, timbrens, tow hooks, bed light kit....ok need receipts. Dug around got all but the $12 tow hook surround found, and blasted $1,540 of 'improvements' to my truck to her. Called to verify receipt...yes thank you. Jan then commented that in her 20 years with Chrysler, 15 years in this department she had NEVER had a dealer fail to return her calls...she thanked me again for helping her 'get started' with the process.
just got the offer...

Attachments

• 20200102_163032-1.jpg
    20200102_163032-1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 88

kblast523

Reaction score
That's a bummer. Did they give you everything you paid back? The accessory too?Chris
The proposal of buyback included the B2Fabrication Magnaflow, Timbrens, Gator bed cover, bedrug, decals, Weathertech floor liners, tailgate damper and tow hooks. The deduct for usage was $868, (5,699 miles) of which 560 were 'unimpaired'. I still have not 'signed the papers', but my note will be paid and I'll net somewhere near $14k.

cash4trash

Reaction score
The proposal of buyback included the B2Fabrication Magnaflow, Timbrens, Gator bed cover, bedrug, decals, Weathertech floor liners, tailgate damper and tow hooks. The deduct for usage was $868, (5,699 miles) of which 560 were 'unimpaired'. I still have not 'signed the papers', but my note will be paid and I'll net somewhere near $14k.
Glad they're taking care of it,as they should. These trucks are expensive and we should be able to get usage from them, or get our money back and move on. Chris

Quicker10u

Reaction score
Good Experience- Peacock CJDR In Hardeeville, SC

Dan Ward- Service Adviser

Had a water leak, rear Passenger side. Rear window was warped, causing leak. Carpet Damaged. Gave Me a loaner, Sent Pictures to FCA for approval for repair. Completed repair in 2 days. Got the truck back and tried to clean the carpet myself but it wasn't happening. It still had that stale laundry musty smell. Not the smell I want in my new truck. So I called him up and said that it tried my best to fix the issue and he checked with his manager and they approved the carpet replacement. I am waiting on the carpet to be delivered to the dealership and they will install it. No BS, a loaner when I needed it and great communication via text message. Glad I didn't have to escalate anything.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
The good news is everything so far has been covered under warranty. The bad news is it's still not fixed yet.

My first service appointment was December 11 and that included minor paintwork and a TSB for the cab mount.

10 days later on December 21, my salesman called to say the truck was ready. When I arrived the bodywork and TSB were done but nothing had been done to the brakes. The service advisor saw the notes from my original drop off on December 11 when a service technician test drove the truck with me as a passenger and noted the brakes made the truck shake.

On December 26 the dealership called to say the truck was finished. The service advisor said the front rotors were replaced and nothing was done to the rear brakes. I asked if the front rotors were warped from sitting on the lot why the rear brakes would be any different. He said they performed a multi-point inspection and everything was fine.

Immediately upon driving home, I found the brakes were better but still made the truck shake when applied. I called and was given an appointment for January 3.

At my January 3 appointment, I was given another loaner and no timeline of when everything will be fixed. 5 days later and no communication from the dealer.

A few points to make. There is no way they test drove the truck after replacing the front rotors because it's obvious that didn't fix the problem. If they didn't drive the truck after replacing the front rotors I'm concerned they didn't properly bed in the new front brake rotors.

I'm most upset that they aren't taking this safety concern seriously and I'm also frustrated that I've been to service three times so far with no solution and will have to return again to pick up the truck.

The dealership is Ganley Dodge in Bedford, Ohio. I've purchased three new and one used vehicle from them.

kblast523

Reaction score
Update: FCA has handed reacquiring the vehicle off to Stericycle, the third party acquisition agent. They (Stericycle) notified me yesterday of all the 'stipulations' of FCA reaquiring the vehicle and a timeline of 7-14 working days. I responded:
"Darcee,
First, the vehicle subject to surrender is at and has been at the dealership continuously since November 8, 2019, and at last report it was inoperable due to removal of the windshield to make repair to damage previously caused by dealership employees in attempting previous (subject) repair. The last time I saw the vehicle, the steering wheel surface was scratched, windshield removed, headliner removed, sun visors both reportedly damaged (during previous repair). There was NO DAMAGE of any kind on any part of the vehicle body, and given the treatment I have been subject to by dealership employees, anything could have happened. I attempted to retrieve personal items mid-December and was informed by employees my request was being denied as "...that's not your truck any more.", and a technician retrieved only part of my belongings. Both sets of electronic FOBS (keys) were left at the dealership. I have also removed the 'specialty license plates' from the vehicle. The stainless steel plate frames that were on the vehicle were not returned with the plates.

I look forward to completing the finalization of this transaction."
Then today, Enterprise Rent a Car called to advise me the authorization for my rental ran out Jan 4 and I needed to authorize the to bill ME $240 and return the car to them tomorrow. The people at Enterprise had been unable to talk to anyone 'authorized' to extend my rental.
I called Jan with FCA.
She told me I would be in a rental until I surrendered the vehicle to Stericycle. She told me DO NOT PAY FOR THE RENTAL, it is outside the scope of our agreement AND the dealer is responsible for it. She would get Albino Estrella to call the service manager and get authorization extended at least another 21 days.
I asked her about the communication I had received from Darcee, she told me that the strict and rigid guidelines for reacquisition could not be followed, and Texas Dodge was informed earlier today to put the truck back together, Stericycle would take it to A DIFFERENT DEALER to repair and Albino Estrella would be 'cleaning house' because of the difficulty EVERYONE had experience with this outfit. She also informed me I would be given as much time as I needed to retrieve personal items from the vehicle AT SURRENDER, contrary to FCA policy.
My impression is I'm not the only one unhappy with this dealer.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
The good news is everything so far has been covered under warranty. The bad news is it's still not fixed yet.

My first service appointment was December 11 and that included minor paintwork and a TSB for the cab mount.

10 days later on December 21, my salesman called to say the truck was ready. When I arrived the bodywork and TSB were done but nothing had been done to the brakes. The service advisor saw the notes from my original drop off on December 11 when a service technician test drove the truck with me as a passenger and noted the brakes made the truck shake.

On December 26 the dealership called to say the truck was finished. The service advisor said the front rotors were replaced and nothing was done to the rear brakes. I asked if the front rotors were warped from sitting on the lot why the rear brakes would be any different. He said they performed a multi-point inspection and everything was fine.

Immediately upon driving home, I found the brakes were better but still made the truck shake when applied. I called and was given an appointment for January 3.

At my January 3 appointment, I was given another loaner and no timeline of when everything will be fixed. 5 days later and no communication from the dealer.

A few points to make. There is no way they test drove the truck after replacing the front rotors because it's obvious that didn't fix the problem. If they didn't drive the truck after replacing the front rotors I'm concerned they didn't properly bed in the new front brake rotors.

I'm most upset that they aren't taking this safety concern seriously and I'm also frustrated that I've been to service three times so far with no solution and will have to return again to pick up the truck.

The dealership is Ganley Dodge in Bedford, Ohio. I've purchased three new and one used vehicle from them.
It took 21 days but my truck's brakes were finally fixed, and at no cost to me under warranty. Two of the service advisors that I worked with are no longer with the dealership. I will never go back to this dealership for service. I can't imagine how much worse this experience would have been if I was paying for service.

cash4trash

Reaction score
Well, I had the clunking noise with my truck immediately. I took it to the selling dealer who said all is good, then right after I left the driveway it clunked again. Went to another dealership, and they said they'd look at the issue. It didn't make the noise, and I picked up the truck, but I showed them the TSB about the clunking problem, and I made another appointment. This time the mechanic drove my truck and heard the issue and had the rack and pinion replaced. Sean De Ocampo, who is the service manager at Fremont CDJR and Spencer who handles all of the dealership trucks were great! And made sure I had a rental car, and kept me updated on my truck, because parts were special order I highly recommend this service department.

Chris

jholiday

Reaction score
City/State: Puyallup, WA
Dealer Name: Larson Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Dealer Location/s: 2001 N Meridian
Contact Name: Nathan
Contact Number: (253) 845-1725

Date of Visit: 12/2019 and 1/2020

Days at Dealer: 3
Loaner Available?: No
Rental Available?: Yes
Shuttle Available?: Yes

Recommend - Yes/No: Probably Not
Recommend - Why/Why Not? :
Horrible communication from the service adviser. FYI, this is not the dealer I purchased the truck from. I made an appointment and took truck in the early morning for warranty work. Service area was full. They told me it would take a few hours to diagnose, so they gave me a shuttle ride back to my house with me and the newborn. I called in the afternoon and left 2 messages to find out the status, received no calls back. Finally at 5:00 pm I finally reach him since he wouldn't call back, and they close at 6 pm. He tells me they need to keep it overnight. I tell him that I need a vehicle and that I was shuttled home by his people. So he calls a Lyft for me to go to Enterprise and they will cover the rental. Anyways, they keep the truck until 5:30 pm the next day, with still having no work done. I had my wife pick up the truck and guess what, Nathan is nowhere to be found to explain why nothing was fixed. I call the next day and speak to another service adviser, who wonders why nothing got fixed. He tells me he will call Nathan and figure out what happened. Well, after no phone calls received back, I contact them the next week and was told that they're waiting for FCA to tell them what to do. At this point I figured I will go to another dealer in the new year.
On December 30, I get a phone call from someone in service, telling me my parts are in and to schedule the repair. Okay, so I schedule on Jan 2 and was told it should take 2 hours. The truck goes in for service, with me and the newborn waiting around. Kind of strange that during my wait, I get emails and texts from the business saying that my appointment has been cancelled. I talk to Nathan and he says that is normal protocol and the truck is still being worked on. 2.5 hours later he tells me the work is all done. I confirm that everything was fixed and he says of course. I get to my truck and guess what, only 1 thing was fixed. This dealer is the closest to my house, but I'm probably going to go to another dealer next time.

Work Done:
1) Bed light not working - Apparently, there was no wiring harness to the bed light. I guess it took 2 weeks for them to get the part in? Fixed
2) Tailgate warning light - The light won't turn on when the tailgate is down. Based on the comments on this forum, I figured this was a longshot to fix. They said they put a call to engineering to find out how to fix it. Now it's been over a month and no phone call, so I'm guessing nothing's going to happen.

Notes:
The next day after picking up the truck I received a Dealership Experience Survey from FCA. I filled it out that day, explaining the service I received. Lo and behold, I get a phone call from Laura at Larson Dodge who wants to talk about my service. We played phone tag for 2 days, she would only call in the morning. I would just miss her call by 1-2 minutes, and have to leave a voicemail. I have not heard from her since then.

kblast523

Reaction score
Update: FCA has handed reacquiring the vehicle off to Stericycle, the third party acquisition agent. They (Stericycle) notified me yesterday of all the 'stipulations' of FCA reaquiring the vehicle and a timeline of 7-14 working days. I responded:
"Darcee,
First, the vehicle subject to surrender is at and has been at the dealership continuously since November 8, 2019, and at last report it was inoperable due to removal of the windshield to make repair to damage previously caused by dealership employees in attempting previous (subject) repair. The last time I saw the vehicle, the steering wheel surface was scratched, windshield removed, headliner removed, sun visors both reportedly damaged (during previous repair). There was NO DAMAGE of any kind on any part of the vehicle body, and given the treatment I have been subject to by dealership employees, anything could have happened. I attempted to retrieve personal items mid-December and was informed by employees my request was being denied as "...that's not your truck any more.", and a technician retrieved only part of my belongings. Both sets of electronic FOBS (keys) were left at the dealership. I have also removed the 'specialty license plates' from the vehicle. The stainless steel plate frames that were on the vehicle were not returned with the plates.

I look forward to completing the finalization of this transaction."
Then today, Enterprise Rent a Car called to advise me the authorization for my rental ran out Jan 4 and I needed to authorize the to bill ME $240 and return the car to them tomorrow. The people at Enterprise had been unable to talk to anyone 'authorized' to extend my rental.
I called Jan with FCA.
She told me I would be in a rental until I surrendered the vehicle to Stericycle. She told me DO NOT PAY FOR THE RENTAL, it is outside the scope of our agreement AND the dealer is responsible for it. She would get Albino Estrella to call the service manager and get authorization extended at least another 21 days.
I asked her about the communication I had received from Darcee, she told me that the strict and rigid guidelines for reacquisition could not be followed, and Texas Dodge was informed earlier today to put the truck back together, Stericycle would take it to A DIFFERENT DEALER to repair and Albino Estrella would be 'cleaning house' because of the difficulty EVERYONE had experience with this outfit. She also informed me I would be given as much time as I needed to retrieve personal items from the vehicle AT SURRENDER, contrary to FCA policy.
My impression is I'm not the only one unhappy with this dealer.

Went to dealer to gather my personal belongings from my soon-to-be reacquired Ram. First thing I noticed, the Gator Hybrid bed cover was missing. Someone also removed, the Bedrug. Took pictures both sides, front and rear, found a 'new' door ding in passenger front door and huge scratch on cab roof over driver. Everything I left in the truck in October was still there except aforementioned and dash emergency beacon that was in back seat.

Attachments

• 20200117_111334.jpg
    20200117_111334.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200117_111346.jpg
    20200117_111346.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200117_111508.jpg
    20200117_111508.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200117_112047.jpg
    20200117_112047.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200117_112052.jpg
    20200117_112052.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 20200117_112820.jpg
    20200117_112820.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200117_112836.jpg
    20200117_112836.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 51

kblast523

Reaction score
Went to dealer to gather my personal belongings from my soon-to-be reacquired Ram. First thing I noticed, the Gator Hybrid bed cover was missing. Someone also removed, the Bedrug. Took pictures both sides, front and rear, found a 'new' door ding in passenger front door and huge scratch on cab roof over driver. Everything I left in the truck in October was still there except aforementioned and dash emergency beacon that was in back seat.
Just got off the phone with service manager: "We have found your tonnea cover and are removing it from a former employee's vehicle."

kblast523

Reaction score
Yep, and also fix dings/scratches and do a full detail...
I was offered an "in kind replacement" which would have been another hemi quad RWD....from the same dealer. NO. Settlement has already been agreed upon and waiting on FCA to send checks to the bank and Stericycle (3rd party) who provided me with VERY STRICT rules for vehicle condition upon surrender. I forwarded pictures to Jan with FCA and we had a conversation this morning.
She told me this has turned into a bonafide dealer screw up and I will not be responsible for repairs to the vehicle. The Regional Director of Parts & Service told the dealer service manager last Wednesday a week ago to "put it back together" so it could be reacquired. Nine days later, that's what I found. FCA will most likely transport it to the R&D center or a Tech training center to repair. There is a training center in San Angelo, 300 some miles south of me.
They take better care of their $1000 trade ins.
I have since bought a used 2018 Titan Crew cab SV with 15k miles from Vroom, and am tickled beyond description with it.

Users who are viewing this thread