5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing the Push to Start Button

Sniper75

Reaction score
Got mine in today. Took me less than 3 minutes to install. I went under the dashboard and popped it out replaced with new one and voila it's done.

Attachments

• 20210410_160115.jpg
    20210410_160115.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 72

Saints

Reaction score
Got mine in today. Took me less than 3 minutes to install. I went under the dashboard and popped it out replaced with new one and voila it's done.
Do you just push it from the back or do you need to twist then push?

Sniper75

Reaction score
If you look at the new part there are 2 tabs on top and 1 on bottom. So on the old one Push down on all three and pop it out

McFly.

Reaction score
If you look at the new part there are 2 tabs on top and 1 on bottom. So on the old one Push down on all three and pop it out

Is it difficult to see where the tabs are when working from underneath dash rather than removing screen?

I’m always hesitant about removing panels etc. as knowing me I’ll break at least one clip or a panel wont sit properly and its totally my doing.... Murphy’s law

Sniper75

Reaction score
No I didn't have a difficult time. I looked at the new part and felt the tabs where they would be . I put my hand underneath the dashboard found the part and felt for the tabs and squeezed them and pushed the part towards the front seat and it popped out

JbVt

Reaction score
I think it looks great! If you paint it...what color are you thinking?
Was thinking of black but then I feel I would have to try to paint all the silver trim black and that is more than I want to pursue. I don’t think it looks bad.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried to reach up and depress the three tabs but I couldn't push out the switch. Sniper75, you must have fingers of steel. But, I am an old guy. I was lucky enough to be able to lay on my back between the seat and the dash and then get up and out without having to call the rescue squad. Larry (Securityguy), I didn't see your post until after completing the job. I did wonder if removing the knee panel would have made it easier and apparently it did. I went the route of pulling the radio which went smoothly and allowed me to sit upright preventing syncope and hypertension. 🤣
Here's the finished result. One TRX part down, 2000 to go!

DSCN3289.JPG

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I tried to reach up and depress the three tabs but I couldn't push out the switch. Sniper75, you must have fingers of steel. But, I am an old guy. I was lucky enough to be able to lay on my back between the seat and the dash and then get up and out without having to call the rescue squad. Larry (Securityguy), I didn't see your post until after completing the job. I did wonder if removing the knee panel would have made it easier and apparently it did. I went the route of pulling the radio which went smoothly and allowed me to sit upright preventing syncope and hypertension. 🤣
Here's the finished result. One TRX part down, 2000 to go!
Jim, I can tell you that there is no way to do it without pulling the knee panel unless you have arms that are 4' long. After pulling the knee panel, even short arms can get right up in there and easily push it out. Glad yours worked out as well...I am very happy with the look and the price which really surprised me that it's as cheap as it is. We certainly don't want to have to call 911 on you my friend :)

Users who are viewing this thread