5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing the Push to Start Button

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just received mine today...quick and easy install. I tried reaching from under the dash and my arms just would not reach so I removed the lower panel under the dash/steering wheel and reached from under. Just two 7mm screws and the panel pulls out easily.
Yep...exactly what I posted quite sometime ago...glad it worked for you too!

Taegee2

Reaction score
That red ring looks very nice. Great job! (y)
Thanks. I had some rolls of auto wrap and thought I'd give it a try. Easier, quicker, and less mess than spray painting with the added benefit of being removable later.

badassbaldie

Reaction score
For all those who haven’t bought one yet, Mopar Wholesale parts sent me a discount code for any all future orders, no expiration & can be used on anything.
Code is: TY21

Yangster

Reaction score
Just received mine today...quick and easy install. I tried reaching from under the dash and my arms just would not reach so I removed the lower panel under the dash/steering wheel and reached from under. Just two 7mm screws and the panel pulls out easily. I also used a small piece of satin metallic red wrap to cover the silver ring (I could always peel it off/change colors/etc. later) Pics attached.

Love the red ring...now I have to do that to mine. LOL. I guess I'll look in Amazon for some red wrap.

Julio13

Reaction score
41e6dbed0fcd8f2bb053bd7e7f3e2e4b.jpg

Just got mine at moparpartscounter.com for 30.15 that was the cheapest I found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuvGun

Reaction score
Just received mine today...quick and easy install. I tried reaching from under the dash and my arms just would not reach so I removed the lower panel under the dash/steering wheel and reached from under. Just two 7mm screws and the panel pulls out easily. I also used a small piece of satin metallic red wrap to cover the silver ring (I could always peel it off/change colors/etc. later) Pics attached.
Copied @Taegee2 install except I painted the ring. Ordered from Liberty on Thursday and received it today, super fast delivery. Got a lint pube :mad: in it but it's not noticeable unless I get right up on it. I had to removed the lower panel also.
Screenshot_20210703-145916_Gallery.jpg

BRambo37

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Big Horn. The push button works just fine, but I wanted to change the color. I noticed that the push to start buttons on the Chargers/Challengers are red, but otherwise look the same as the one in my truck. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into the following:

Will the push to start buttons on the Chargers/Challengers serve as a drop in replacement for the ones on Ram trucks? Or are they wired differently?
How easy is it to get to the push to start button in order to replace it?

For reference, I found a video of someone replacing the push to start button on a 2018 Charger.
And the part number I found is here:

I have looked into getting stickers/vinyl to cover the OEM push to start button in my truck, but the downside to that is that it covers the light at night, so I wouldn't be able to see the button at all in the dark. And I didn't want to start tearing into the dash without knowing if the new part would work, or if it was too difficult to get to. Any suggestions/direction would be great appreciated.
Found this link awhile back

NGEN

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Here is our install video for anyone interested:

Users who are viewing this thread