5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing the Push to Start Button

Reaction score
Yeah i was told by the dealer its not available as of yet.. hmm
My dealer said originally that it’s probably not available yet that’s why it was on back order but they ordered it anyways and it was there in 2 weeks. If they won’t order it just go to another dealership that will. I find some of the parts guys don’t know anything. Oh and btw the start stop engine lettering lights up on the trx push start.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Weird any online mopar parts dealer i search says this is a discontinued pn!

CMil527

Reaction score
I haven't asked my dealer yet...have you checked with your local parts department?
No sir haven't had a chance to stop in.. how's that sticker u posted holding up? Might just go that route

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
No sir haven't had a chance to stop in.. how's that sticker u posted holding up?
Actually pretty good my friend. However, if this new switch is truly only about $75 or less, as was stated above, I might have to bite the bullet so when I do trade in my RAM for a Ridgeline, it will have increased value:)

CMil527

Reaction score
Actually pretty good my friend. However, if this new switch is truly only about $75 or less, as was stated above, I might have to bite the bullet so when I do trade in my RAM for a Ridgeline, it will have increased value:)
I didn't say to much cause I kinda felt like the Ridgeline suited you! :p

CMil527

Reaction score
I just ordered the TRX IGN switch. My parts guy said it will be $56.07 out the door so I said let's do it! No ETA yet, but I'll keep you all posted when it arrives.
Nice.. guess i gotta stop in to my stealership!

CMil527

Reaction score
hmm i wonder if we could just pop off the outer ring and get to the 3 tabs without pulling the whole screen... any thoughts?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
hmm i wonder if we could just pop off the outer ring and get to the 3 tabs without pulling the whole screen... any thoughts?
It sounded pretty easy based on what our Canadian friend shared earlier in this thread , but I would rather not have to do that as well if the outer ring comes off easily and provides access to the tabs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It sounded pretty easy based on what our Canadian friend shared earlier in this thread , but I would rather not have to do that as well if the outer ring comes off easily and provides access to the tabs.
There is no access to the release tabs from the front. The easiest way is by removing the screen which takes all of 5 seconds. Once the screen is out you have all this room to stick your hand in and release the clips. Hope this helps.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
There is no access to the release tabs from the front. The easiest way is by removing the screen which takes all of 5 seconds. Once the screen is out you have all this room to stick your hand in and release the clips. Hope this helps.
Thanks Alex. So just take out the top screws in the tray where the cigarette lighter adapter goes above the screen and pull it straight out towards you? Do you have to remove the screen or just get it out far enough to get your hand back in there? Appreciate the insight my friend!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread