5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing the Push to Start Button

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out to use AlfaOBD to change the 7” EVIC to have the red button instead of the black button? In the TRX, it displays the red push start button on the EVIC before you push the start button.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out to use AlfaOBD to change the 7” EVIC to have the red button instead of the black button? In the TRX, it displays the red push start button on the EVIC before you push the start button.
I don't think it is possible without a software update.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

That would be correct....the software in the standard RAMs is different than that of the TRX and the TRX option would not exist so the Alfa will serve no purpose.

~Ocho1~

Reaction score
Got mine in Friday, & installed Saturday morning. Extremely easy install. The hardest part was getting my big fingers back there to push down the tabs so I could remove the stock button.

I really like it, a simple, subtle mod that no one but me will really notice.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I am still trying to find one

I have tried 2 separate online dealers and both say it is back ordered with no date so they cancelled

~Ocho1~

Reaction score
I am still trying to find one

I have tried 2 separate online dealers and both say it is back ordered with no date so they cancelled

I had a few sites tell me it was backordered, but I was able to get mine here

maybe give them a shot.

Nova90

Reaction score
I had a few sites tell me it was backordered, but I was able to get mine here

maybe give them a shot.
They appear to have the part (68453905aa) in stock for a little over $34

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Better get 'em quick as they're selling like hot cakes. They will be impossible to get once the word gets out that they add 200 HP and 309 ft lbs of torque!

pinzg35

Reaction score
I placed two orders just to get cancelled...sounds like nobody has them and backorder is 45+ days out.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds eerily familiar to the microchip issue with new vehicles…will sell ya mine for 40% more than I paid for it!! 😉😋

Taegee2

Reaction score
Ordered mine from Liberty Mopar Parts (libertychryslerjeepdodgeram.com) 2 days ago, June 21. $29.10 plus $8.04 shipping. I checked the order status and it was shipped out today, June 23. I called prior to ordering and they said they didn't have it at their shop but if I placed the order, it would be about a day for them to get it and ship it out. My nearest Dealer wanted over $80, not in stock but could get it in 2 or 3 days. Here is the link (It will give you a note stating it does not fit the other RAM 1500, only the TRX):

Last edited:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ordered mine from Liberty Mopar Parts (libertychryslerjeepdodgeram.com) 2 days ago, June 21. $29.10 plus $8.04 shipping. I checked the order status and it was shipped out today, June 23. I called prior to ordering and they said they didn't have it at their shop but if I placed the order, it would be about a day for them to get it and ship it out. My nearest Dealer wanted over $80, not in stock but could get it in 2 or 3 days. Here is the link (It will give you a note stating it does not fit the other RAM 1500, only the TRX):

They are one of my favorite places to order Mopar parts.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Just ordered, thanks!

badassbaldie

Reaction score
Ordered one from Mopar Wholesale Parts on 06/19...$38.69 shipped. USPS tracking shows it SHOULD be delivered by 06/28.

FYI, Metal Specs Retro Red Dupli-color paint matches the Rebel's interior red trim perfect if your looking for color ideas for the silver ring on the stock switch.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

That would be correct....the software in the standard RAMs is different than that of the TRX and the TRX option would not exist so the Alfa will serve no purpose.
This actually should be possible with AlfaOBD. VehConfig 2: Special Package is the setting that changes the EVIC splash screen and themes. Check to see if Ram TRX is in the list. Otherwise, try VehConfig 3: Vehicle is an SRT

Taegee2

Reaction score
Just received mine today...quick and easy install. I tried reaching from under the dash and my arms just would not reach so I removed the lower panel under the dash/steering wheel and reached from under. Just two 7mm screws and the panel pulls out easily. I also used a small piece of satin metallic red wrap to cover the silver ring (I could always peel it off/change colors/etc. later) Pics attached.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_0710_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_0710_LI.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0698.JPG
    IMG_0698.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0700.JPG
    IMG_0700.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG