5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I guess I'm the oddball here...I replaced the dash speakers in my HK system with the infinities and honestly, not sure it was worth it. They sound a 'tad' better, little more highs now, but was the purchase really worth it...IDK. Just my two cents gents.

While I don’t have the HK system I think it’s fairly universal that the infinities will brighten the highs and move the soundstage up. You should play with the eq and fader, maybe turn down the treble and fade to the rear a tad. Hopefully that helps.

mhb1638

Reaction score
While I don’t have the HK system I think it’s fairly universal that the infinities will brighten the highs and move the soundstage up. You should play with the eq and fader, maybe turn down the treble and fade to the rear a tad. Hopefully that helps.
Thanks for the suggestion. Bass is -8 mid and treb at +5. Like I said it sounds good but not overwhelming like others have said. It's ok. Thinking about going back to stock and maybe, if they work, put them in my charger with the Alpine system

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Bass is -8 mid and treb at +5. Like I said it sounds good but not overwhelming like others have said. It's ok. Thinking about going back to stock and maybe, if they work, put them in my charger with the Alpine system

you have to play with those settings to suit your own tastes but it seems like the bass is way low and the mid and treble too high. I’d zero them out and adjust one at a time. Would also fade to the rear just a bit. Good luck!

mhb1638

Reaction score
you have to play with those settings to suit your own tastes but it seems like the bass is way low and the mid and treble too high. I’d zero them out and adjust one at a time. Would also fade to the rear just a bit. Good luck!
Can't, bass is insanely stupid on the HK systems.

snj1013

Reaction score
So I installed 3 of the Infinity 3032s in my 2019 Ram 1500 with the Alpine option. I used the Polarity Checker app (android, not sure if their is an Apple version) and found the left and right dash speakers to be out of phase using the Metra adapters compared to the stock speakers. The app sends a signal out and uses your phone's microphone to determine whether or not the audio signal measured is in phase with the signal that was sent out. Has anyone used this app? I found it odd that 2 of the 3 speakers were out of phase, and now I'm wondering if this is having any sort of impact on the ANC system? The speakers sound pretty good and are definitely brighter than the stock speakers. I need to let them break in a bit more but I'm looking for anyone else that has attempted to check polarity and what your results were.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t read all 22 pages of this thread so forgive me if this has been posted...

the dash speakers in the 2020 base 6 speaker system are NOT 2ohm. They are actually 8ohm. So if you plan on changing them, also plan on changing your door speakers or the dash ones will severely overpower the other stock speakers.

I swapped out my dash to 4’ohm infinity references. Maybe I like a lot of treble in my music but I didn’t notice any balance issues.

I have references ready for the doors in the coming weeks but was very happy with dash upgrades (step 1 in my path to stereo goodness)
38006ce3523f425d65d964aa1d8f976b.jpg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I swapped out my dash to 4’ohm infinity references. Maybe I like a lot of treble in my music but I didn’t notice any balance issues.

I have references ready for the doors in the coming weeks but was very happy with dash upgrades (step 1 in my path to stereo goodness)
Let us know how you like the sound once you do the doors. Curious about this. I only swapped the three in the dash with 3032s, and the sound improvement was pretty noticeable.

Reaction score
So I installed 3 of the Infinity 3032s in my 2019 Ram 1500 with the Alpine option. I used the Polarity Checker app (android, not sure if their is an Apple version) and found the left and right dash speakers to be out of phase using the Metra adapters compared to the stock speakers. The app sends a signal out and uses your phone's microphone to determine whether or not the audio signal measured is in phase with the signal that was sent out. Has anyone used this app? I found it odd that 2 of the 3 speakers were out of phase, and now I'm wondering if this is having any sort of impact on the ANC system? The speakers sound pretty good and are definitely brighter than the stock speakers. I need to let them break in a bit more but I'm looking for anyone else that has attempted to check polarity and what your results were.
I'm installing 2 of those in my dash today, hoping there are no major polarity issues as I have the Alpine system as well. Did you make any changes in your install upon checking the phasing?
Also, if you happen to have a spare Inf-3032 you want to get rid of let me know!

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let us know how you like the sound once you do the doors. Curious about this. I only swapped the three in the dash with 3032s, and the sound improvement was pretty noticeable.

Here’s the rest of my set up. I have the base 6 system.

Speakers are all from Crutchfield (open box). Processor and amp are from my old truck.

6b8d9a96f2b24ad2a411d1d00f8e0b39.jpg

snj1013

Reaction score
I'm installing 2 of those in my dash today, hoping there are no major polarity issues as I have the Alpine system as well. Did you make any changes in your install upon checking the phasing?
Also, if you happen to have a spare Inf-3032 you want to get rid of let me know!
Yes, for the 2 that were out of phase per the app, I cut, swapped and spliced the speaker leads. Let me know how your's test out. I used the balance/fader control to try to play only the speaker that I was testing, but after the fact, I probably should have disconnected all 3 of the dash speakers and tested one at a time. I don't know if it would have made a difference as my phone would only pic up a reading for phase when it was really close to the speaker I was testing based on the volume level I had everything set at.
Sorry, I don't have an extra 3032. I bought an extra here through the forums.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, for the 2 that were out of phase per the app, I cut, swapped and spliced the speaker leads. Let me know how your's test out. I used the balance/fader control to try to play only the speaker that I was testing, but after the fact, I probably should have disconnected all 3 of the dash speakers and tested one at a time. I don't know if it would have made a difference as my phone would only pic up a reading for phase when it was really close to the speaker I was testing based on the volume level I had everything set at.
Sorry, I don't have an extra 3032. I bought an extra here through the forums.
Thanks for the knowledge. I'm a complete noobie in regards to installing aftermarket audio systems so I appreciate the help. I'll report back with my phase results once I get around to the install.

PMantle

Reaction score
Can you walk me through how to use this app?

snj1013

Reaction score
Can you walk me through how to use this app?
Like I said, the app is called Polarity Checker on the Google Play store. After downloaded, you simply start the app, and press the play button. The app generates pulses, which sounds like clicks that are spaced a couple of seconds apart. As the pulses are generated, you simply place your phones microphone close to the speaker you are checking and the app indicates whether the pulse receives matches the pulse generated. If a phase match is determined, the app shows a big green + sign. If the pulse received is out of phase, the app shows a big red - sign. This is the first time I've used the app, but my process was to determine the phase of each of the factory speakers, and then make sure the Infinity's were the same.
I've read that others have stated that the polarity of one or more speakers may be intentionally out of phase for the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) system to work properly. I haven't done much research on this yet, but I was just trying to make sure I matched the polarity of the factory setup. As stated, my left and right dash speakers needed to have the polarity on the Metra adapter switched to make the Polarity Checker app pick up and match correctly. I thought for sure the center channel would need the same, but for some reason, it didn't.
I want to tear everything apart and check again, and probably will do so soon. Just the engineer in me

FFemerson

Reaction score

I had installed the 3.5” Kickers in the dash, and I actually removed them today and went back to stock. Waaayyyy too bright. The highs were super loud.Full volume used to be 24-25, but with the Kickers I couldn’t put it past 18-19 without it being too loud. The Kickers would be super loud, and the doors still not very loud.

bummer.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the Alpine system, ALL of the speakers except for the front left dash speaker are out of phase from the factory. I swapped the pins on the metra adapters for all of my speakers when I put them in to make sure they were all in proper phase. I don't think anybody has actually figured out why Ram did it that way. The thought is that it had something to do with the ANC system.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the Alpine system, ALL of the speakers except for the front left dash speaker are out of phase from the factory. I swapped the pins on the metra adapters for all of my speakers when I put them in to make sure they were all in proper phase. I don't think anybody has actually figured out why Ram did it that way. The thought is that it had something to do with the ANC system.
So it’s not Done for ANC then?

TheCor

Reaction score
I have the base 6 speaker system. Was looking to put in Infinity Ref in dash corners.. What sizes should I look for front and rear doors? 6x9? 6 1/2 or something else
Thanks

snj1013

Reaction score
How did you go about determining which speakers were out of phase?

Users who are viewing this thread