5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

renzo2213

Reaction score
slightly less complicated than flossing your teeth.One thing that is helpful is an angle screwdriver since the windshield makes getting a bit in there tight. Sounds like you might have a loose clip or something like that. Good luck.

I got it out, nothing loose. It’s definitely the speaker itself. Will be taking it to the dealer lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Several have even upgraded the doors and sub on the HK but that requires more of a discussion and at some point you have to ask why are you paying so much extra for the HK if you are upgrading it all. The dash speakers are easy to justify because they are cheap/easy to replace and the stocks ones are junk. I think you can even make an argument for the doors but that is a bit more involved (work) and a little bit more $. A lot of good info from members who have upgraded their HK, what they did, what they liked, work and money involved, etc.

JustMe

Reaction score
I'm totally convinced there is a YouTube "how to" video for EVERYTHING ! Yup . . . oh look I see more than one doing this exact replacement - well, different brand !

renzo2213

Reaction score
Several have even upgraded the doors and sub on the HK but that requires more of a discussion and at some point you have to ask why are you paying so much extra for the HK if you are upgrading it all. The dash speakers are easy to justify because they are cheap/easy to replace and the stocks ones are junk. I think you can even make an argument for the doors but that is a bit more involved (work) and a little bit more $. A lot of good info from members who have upgraded their HK, what they did, what they liked, work and money involved, etc.

Might have to give a swap then. I thought these speakers were awesome lol coming from a Ford F-150 with the weak Sony system, it’s incredible. I can’t listen to my HK system past 15, unless I’m feeling a little wild then I’ll go to 22 out of 39 I think lol it’s really loud and sounds really good to me. Just the rattle is a little annoying

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Might have to give a swap then. I thought these speakers were awesome lol coming from a Ford F-150 with the weak Sony system, it’s incredible. I can’t listen to my HK system past 15, unless I’m feeling a little wild then I’ll go to 22 out of 39 I think lol it’s really loud and sounds really good to me. Just the rattle is a little annoying

yeah sound is subjective and sometimes you don’t realize quality until you get into something better and the bar keeps moving higher. If you’re happy you can just leave well enough alone but again for a nominal price and little effort you can give it a shot. Loud doesn’t equal quality of course and real audiophiles will take things to a different level, which includes the files themselves being uncompressed and digital. It seems like for your needs and ears you are basically where you need to be but the dash speaker swap might be your sweet spot.

renzo2213

Reaction score
yeah sound is subjective and sometimes you don’t realize quality until you get into something better and the bar keeps moving higher. If you’re happy you can just leave well enough alone but again for a nominal price and little effort you can give it a shot. Loud doesn’t equal quality of course and real audiophiles will take things to a different level, which includes the files themselves being uncompressed and digital. It seems like for your needs and ears you are basically where you need to be but the dash speaker swap might be your sweet spot.

Yea might have to do that then. I’m not thaattttt big of an audiophile as these speakers are more than too much for me lol very happy with it. I just want to fix that little rattle so repacking them might be my best option

tloon

Reaction score
Infinity speakers and Harmon Kardon are owned by the same company, Harmon International.
Interesting.

tloon

Reaction score
Just did the ( 3 ) dash speakers with the Infinitys yesterday. Well worth the effort, and money well spent.
Big improvement.

agciv

Reaction score
Looking to buy one more infinity 3.5 speaker for the mid dash if anyone has one to sell?
Thanks!

PMantle

Reaction score
Installed the JBL Cubs yesterday. I had to clip more of the mounts than expected to get them to fit flush. Was afraid of rattles, but got none. Sorta happy.

Users who are viewing this thread