5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

j517

Reaction score
Do u have the mh speaker system or alpine just curious

Thanx for the tip

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Are you going to change the center speaker as well? And cutting or splicing?
I wasn't planning on changing the center. The two outside ones make so much of a difference I don't need to. And I did cut and splice the wires only because I ordered the wrong conversion plugs and didn't want to wait on new ones.

Zinger

Reaction score
What did the stock units look like? Do you have a pic?

leonandlisa

Reaction score
I wasn't planning on changing the center. The two outside ones make so much of a difference I don't need to. And I did cut and splice the wires only because I ordered the wrong conversion plugs and didn't want to wait on new ones.

Could you point us to the correct conversion plug it needs?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with soft dome JL audio up front but do yourself a favour and put that center one in as it actually is used a lot. Also the easiest speaker to replace

wwalljr

Reaction score
I went with soft dome JL audio up front but do yourself a favour and put that center one in as it actually is used a lot. Also the easiest speaker to replace

Do you happen to have a link for the JL speakers you used?

SacRebel

Reaction score
Replacing the dash speakers is cheap, super easy and will make a huge difference to the sound. There's no reason why everyone shouldn't be replacing them. The stock speaker is crap with a tiny magnet.

Brobee

Reaction score
Replacing the dash speakers is cheap, super easy and will make a huge difference to the sound. There's no reason why everyone shouldn't be replacing them. The stock speaker is crap with a tiny magnet.

Fingers crossed. I just pulled the trigger on Kicker 44KSC3504 at Crutchfield, with their adaptor....

DeDax

Reaction score
I 2nd this... The alpine is ok, but would love a little more especially up front. I wonder if there is a package that would sell all 3 as a kit or if you have to order the center channel separate.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
And how's the HK in this debate?

I have the HK system, I don't think it's a drop-in considering there's supposed to be 2 speakers in each grill, no?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you OP and the others for the info. Seems to be a very cheap but amazing upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread