5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

mpj2206

Reaction score
I have been a fan of Hifonics equipment for years so, when I saw these:
Hifonics Alpha HA35CX
Amazon link

for less than $20 on Amazon, I figured what the hell.

My 2019 Rebel has the Alpine system.
I replaced the dash left and right today and immediately noticed much crisper highs and vocals with no loss of mid/low.
Ordered another set so I can replace the center channel and will have a cool looking paperweight left over for my desk.

Cannot compare to anything other than the factory stock speakers.

As I mentioned, I have been a fan of Hifonics equipment for about 30 years. They aren't available at the "big box" stores and really do not do much advertising so, they do not get the kudos that they deserve.
Thankfully, Hifonics speakers and amps are available on Amazon, quite often at bargain prices.

I recently used a pair of Hifonics 10 dual voice coil shallow subs in my Polaris Slingshot. Another group member was so impressed with the sound and build quality, he scrapped his big box brand subs and bought the same as mine. The difference was night and day.

I will check exact impedance of these 3.5" tomorrow after the second pair arrives.

Update:
Confirmed impedance of 3.2 ohm

Last edited:

Noid

Reaction score
I need one more dash speaker if anyone has a extra they wanna sell.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Newguy

Reaction score
I just swapped my 3 dash speakers out with Infinity 3032. Major improvement.
Hi Boa24, quick question. Did replacing the dash speakers change the volume balance front to back of the system (make front louder)? I'm worried the upgraded speakers will put to much bias towards front and if I fade it back it will be loud for the kids I have back there. Thanks!

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
Do I need to purchase additional clips for these 3.5in Kickers or do they just pop right in? Seems well worth the upgrade!!

I order my Kickers from Crutchfield, and they fit fine in the dash corners without any extra clips or modifications. To the follow-on question about if they changed the front / rear balance, my answer would be 'Just a bit'. Since installing the Kicker speakers in the dash corners, I toggle my Balance one step towards the rear if listening at anything above low volume. Cost-effective upgrade!

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Infinity REF-3032CFX from Crutchfield for the corner dash locations of my Alpine system. I can't wait to actually have some high notes in my audio system.
I've read through this entire thread but still couldn't get a solid understanding for the best dash upgrade setup.
Are people using Bass Blockers for their corner dash speakers or not?

Also if anyone has a spare Inf 3032CFX for the center dash location I'd be happy to purchase a third.

Boa24

Reaction score
Hi Boa24, quick question. Did replacing the dash speakers change the volume balance front to back of the system (make front louder)? I'm worried the upgraded speakers will put to much bias towards front and if I fade it back it will be loud for the kids I have back there. Thanks!
I always use surround sound mode and IMO it blends perfectly with the rear speakers, just improved vocals and highs up front.

smankins

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Infinity REF-3032CFX from Crutchfield for the corner dash locations of my Alpine system. I can't wait to actually have some high notes in my audio system.
I've read through this entire thread but still couldn't get a solid understanding for the best dash upgrade setup.

Also if anyone has a spare Inf 3032CFX for the center dash location I'd be happy to purchase a third.
I installed the same speakers in my truck and I have the Alpine system. I did not install the bass blockers (capacitors) that came with the speakers since the amplifier only sends the higher frequency sounds to those speakers - at least that was my understanding. I have had no issues doing it this way.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I would use the bass blockers. Cheap easy insurance, and especially if you add an amp/dsp down the road.

tloon

Reaction score

tloon

Reaction score
Even if it did, it is still adjustable a thousand more ways to your liking, is it not? This mod makes a huge difference at a minimal cost. Go for it!

FFemerson

Reaction score
I haven’t read all 22 pages of this thread so forgive me if this has been posted...

the dash speakers in the 2020 base 6 speaker system are NOT 2ohm. They are actually 8ohm. So if you plan on changing them, also plan on changing your door speakers or the dash ones will severely overpower the other stock speakers.

Noid

Reaction score
I'm looking for one more dash speaker and harness. If anyone has one that they want to get rid of please let me know. Thanks

zachary.rojas

Reaction score
I have a JL Audio C2-350x and harness. PM me if interested.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mhb1638

Reaction score
I guess I'm the oddball here...I replaced the dash speakers in my HK system with the infinities and honestly, not sure it was worth it. They sound a 'tad' better, little more highs now, but was the purchase really worth it...IDK. Just my two cents gents.

Users who are viewing this thread